spladle08

Greco Worlds Thread ;)

Figured there won't be as much discussion so we can just have 1

Jesse Porter and Pat Smith went 0-1 and are eliminated

Provisor has yet to wrestle .

And MAX NOWRY IS 1-0

Somebody is going to medal in the next few days I feel it

Love seeing & hearing the crowd for Greco. Much more animated. So many more languages besides English. Just seems like better wrestling, if but a little less marketable with how technical it can get.

After a first round loss to a Moldovan that got teched the next round, I don’t have much hope for the USA team. But I’m still watching. Really wish we had more Greco-knowledgeable folks on the forum, or at USA Wrestling in general. The coverage dropped off so much after MFS was done.

There is no Cuba in this Worlds. 

No Cuba is like if Iran or the US didn't show up for Men's Freestyle. A lot more Olympic medalists missing as well. 

Nowry probably out unless Norayr saves him and in any case really hard bronze path,

Porter is a mainstay of the squad so bad that he is out 0-1. Vlasov looking reallly good. 

Provisor still alive for Bronze...

Hancock has a good draw. Hancock refuses to win matches that are winnable for him  so the draw can only help so much if something in his head doesn't click. Sargsyan is a physical specimen though and I think he gets gold no matter what after beating Saravi. 

Schultz's draw is baddish. Has the 130 kg nominal favorite Kajaia. Kajaia is decorated, good all around, and Semenov's (Russian who beat Coon in finals)  arch nemesis. Kajaia is not Riza good but beating him would be a big upset.  Schultz might have a bronze look. Yildrim and the mediocre Russian rep would be his opponents. 

i will say...

it is always refreshing to watch real wrestling after having to sit through almost a week of the women's style...

i always feel a little better about the world afterwards...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

i will say...

it is always refreshing to watch real wrestling after having to sit through almost a week of the women's style...

Lol I knew you were a little older, but "Women's Style" in a derogatory context. 
Come on LJB BE BETTER! 
:)

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

i will say...

I will say that I enjoyed the freestyle boards more during the Olympics when you reminded us about this every day. ; )

Just now, denger said:

I will say that I enjoyed the freestyle boards more during the Olympics when you reminded us about this every day. ; )

Lol he hates all styles, not Greco. 
Very happy to have him around though, cause Im ashamed by my lack of Greco knowledge