nom

Yianni - 2021 worlds

22 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Also* I wish Mckenna had just a little more... 
He's so tough, just needs to tweak 1 or 2 things and I don't even know what those are, he seems so solid when I watch him then just appears to relax mentally or something

He only has one elite attack, the single. Sometimes it's all you need but it's not THAT elite. 

35 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Isn’t Yianni 2-2 vs McKenna this year? 

That's not right. I may be forgetting a match but:

2021 WTT: Yianni 2, Joey 1

2021 Poland Open: Yianni 1

3-1. What else was there this year?

I believe the one before that wsa the prior year at Senior Nationals, when Joey beat Yianni. But I will say that even if you include that one, the Yianni wins have been a lot more lopsided (wiht two techs) than the Joey wins, which have all been narrow. I think it's clear who is better at this point. 

3 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He only has one elite attack, the single. Sometimes it's all you need but it's not THAT elite. 

I’ve never seen him attack on his right. Only to his left. I love lefty leads but he really needs something else

30 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I’ve never seen him attack on his right. Only to his left. I love lefty leads but he really needs something else

Forgive my poor wording with what I'm about to say. I'm struggling with phrasing. 
I wish, as a country, we valued position and forward pressure more. 
It's basically an offensive move. 
I was thinking through the elite levels guys attacks  and most only have 1. 
But most also hold such good position that once you attempt anything they're in position to score. 
Or if they can't fire off their own offense they force you to the edge and into bad enough positions that you give up points as you attempt to stop ceding step-outs.
I value position but I guess I never counted it as offense. 
In American when we need to score it's like we almost always keep the guy in the middle and produce a lot of fakes and motion..... seems less effective. 
I know it seems common sense but "He's doing nothing but pushing us to the edge" is a common complaint from our fan base. 
I dunno, guess I just think you need 1 unstoppable attack and forward pressure. Look at me, I could be a coach. 

*Not saying the coaches don't preach this very thing, more so fan base.
Maybe I want folkstyle to reward forward "Hands On" pressure more.... 
I'm coming to the conclusion I don't know what I want. But it's something I think we need. 
(Not a Marinelli fan, but he kind of wrestles a solid freestyle, style)

Edited by spladle08

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Forgive my poor wording with what I'm about to say. I'm struggling with phrasing. 
I wish, as a country, we valued position and forward pressure more. 
It's basically an offensive move. 
I was thinking through the elite levels guys attacks  and most only have 1. 
But most also hold such good position that once you attempt anything they're in position to score. 
Or if they can't fire off their own offense they force you to the edge and into bad enough positions that you give up points as you attempt to stop ceding step-outs.
I value position but I guess I never counted it as offense. 
In American when we need to score it's like we almost always keep the guy in the middle and produce a lot of fakes and motion..... seems less effective. 
I know it seems common sense but "He's doing nothing but pushing us to the edge" is a common complaint from our fan base. 
I dunno, guess I just think you need 1 unstoppable attack and forward pressure. Look at me, I could be a coach. 

*Not saying the coaches don't preach this very thing, more so fan base.
Maybe I want folkstyle to reward forward "Hands On" pressure more.... 
I'm coming to the conclusion I don't know what I want. But it's something I think we need. 
(Not a Marinelli fan, but he kind of wrestles a solid freestyle, style)

I don’t necessarily disagree. But I’m old school, better positioning and an attack to both sides are a must. Even if the primary attack is eons better you have to have “something” to open up both sides, especially if you don’t have much upper body.

As far as Metcalf, it kinda was weird to me how he abandoned the knee pull single he used a bunch to only have the high c