gowrestle

Suriano to PSU

I thought Willie would announce this to all his brainiacs a couple weeks ago when he served up that nothing burger about Northwestern being a civilized institution.

I'd like to see it because it as a nice twist to March madness. We'll get to hear gems like Carl needs wrestlers that arrive on campus ready to go 'cause he can recruit but he can't coach and Iowa uses only home grown.

Is it all possible the he is so difficult that no one wants him?
No. There are plenty of examples of coaches taking in a lot more difficult cases. Chance (which actually turned out well), blue dragons jr., Andrew Long.......

Someone will rent an NCAA champion for a season. If he doesn't like you after that, who cares?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Willie stated that Nick and Cael got along great actually. The kid is just a very focused and disciplined individual and Cael appreciates that out of any of his wrestlers. 

Everything about the departure was driven by his dad and Nick just played along with the theatrics basically. 

As for him being "too big to make 125" ... he visibly looked smaller at 61KG at WTT. He obviously leaned out a bit for 57KG and will be fine. 

3 hours ago, Crotalus said:

No. There are plenty of examples of coaches taking in a lot more difficult cases. Chance (which actually turned out well), blue dragons jr., Andrew Long.......

Someone will rent an NCAA champion for a season. If he doesn't like you after that, who cares?

Lol, let's not forget that PSU will have a lineup this season w/8-9 starters in their lineup that started their career with the lions. Similar to Iowa who will have 8 starters that started their collegiate career withe the Hawkeyes

8 hours ago, Crotalus said:

Careful.  Cheapskate will pop his head in if mentioned 3 times.

5 hours ago, portajohn said:

Lol, let's not forget that PSU will have a lineup this season w/8-9 starters in their lineup that started their career with the lions. Similar to Iowa who will have 8 starters that started their collegiate career withe the Hawkeyes

9 or 10.

While Kerk committed to 13 other institutions prior, he has never taken the mat for any college aside for Penn State.

Beard may beat Dean.

Could be 10.

If Beard doesn't beat Dean, then what next: red shirt would be my guess.*  Distant second and third guesses would be that he transfers somewhere or just sacrifices a year of eligibility riding the pine (most doubtful)

Edit: realizing now he already used his redshirt.  So would he transfer?

Edited by flyingcement

Depending on lineups, if Suriano is actually going to be at Penn State this year, I could foresee a tie with Iowa in a team dual.

Iowa: 125 (3), 149 (3), 157 (4), 165 (3), 285 (3)

Penn State 133 (3), 141 (3), 174 (3), 184 (4), 197 (3)

I don't understand what that has to do with my comment.

Depending on lineups, if Suriano is actually going to be at Penn State this year, I could foresee a tie with Iowa in a team dual.

I kind of doubt that Cass will have quite the success he had against a 230lb, one month removed from surgery, blood infection and blood clot Kerk.

And Kaleb Young isn’t majoring Joe Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

I kind of doubt that Cass will have quite the success he had against a 230lb, one month removed from surgery, blood infection and blood clot Kerk.

Kaleb young might major joe lee …I agree with the cass Kerk point though 

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

They should dual twice this year …regular schedule and national duals 

10 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Do we think Eierman and Lee will be at the same weight?

On 10/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, Katie said:

It’s October 8. By when does he have to enroll?  Seems like a lot of universities are well into the school year.  

You are asking as though you think Sorry-ano is actually interested in an education.

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Do we think Eierman and Lee will be at the same weight?

In this scenario I had them both back at 141.  I'm not sure if that is going to happen or not.  From my understanding (which could be wrong), Eierman and Murin are likely set at 41 and 49, and there is a slight chance on the Penn State side that Lee could bump up to 149 to allow one of Bartlett/Van Ness to go for 141.  

15 hours ago, Le duke said:

Even if he doesn't have quite the same success, I would still consider him a favorite personally.  I imagine it will be a tightly contested bout.  There are a couple other toss ups in there.  I think Young would be a pretty heavy favorite over Lee.  Young is solid and Lee is somewhat mistake prone from what I have seen of him.  

On 10/8/2021 at 9:24 PM, Plasmodium said:

Penn state is big10.  It is a jock school.

Did you know that the first person to discover planets outside of our solar system teaches 200-level astronomy at Penn State??

16 hours ago, Le duke said:

And Kaleb Young isn’t majoring anybody Penn State puts out at 157.

FIFY