wrstlingfan937

Austin Mad Man Desanto

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Why, did he lose to RBY at NCAA?

No, but the returning champ is the man to beat.  If Fix, RBY, and Desanto are all at 133, Desanto takes 3rd at best.

Tenacity is great but to navigate what that bracket could end up being, he’s going to have to have the technique…and tactics….to get through a number of individuals competing on a world class level, and the defending champ, who has his number. Going to take more than being tenacious. 

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

He took third last year, dominantly.  He's an underdog to win the title, but he definitely could.  Given the constitution of the weight, it's going to be tough, of course, and he would probably be the 4th betting favorite

well said

He's really good at a lot of things, but also has some definite limitations. Given the amount of time he's spent wrestling in the limelight those limitations are very well known and the top guys use them to totally take away his offense in big matches. 

6 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

He's really good at a lot of things, but also has some definite limitations. Given the amount of time he's spent wrestling in the limelight those limitations are very well known and the top guys use them to totally take away his offense in big matches. 

This rings true, though I would remind everyone how much better his mat wrestling got at Iowa, so an optimist would hope he retained the ability to improve and has become a more dynamic wrestler on his feet. He has been shut down by the top guys, but he wouldn't need much more diversity of offense to be a hand full for anybody.

16 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Isn't Seabass dropping back down to 133?  If so, he is another guy I take over DeSanto.

Yea completely forgot about that, he’s dropping to 133 and Alvarez is moving up 

Rby, Fix, Micic, Seabass, Desanto, Vito then guys like Myers, Bird, Cannon, Paetzall, McGee might be the deepest weight this year 

Edited by Antitroll2828

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

If anyone doesn't believe Desanto can win it, they don't watch wrestling.

A fan or not, there isn't as tenacious a 133lber out there.

Lol Just decided to venture back over to the college boards and glad to see you appreciating somebody's tenacity. 
Also no, he can not win the NCAA's 
;) 

Just now, ionel said:

Did Frank approve this "venture?"  :)

Frank seems to be off living his best life. I'm just glad he was around to get that Dake win under his belt. 

@nhs67 I, snobbishly, claim the college boards are ridiculous.
But it's 100% a reflection of it being the offseason. 
I'm so sad it's now the international off-season.
Double OF has me grasping at straws.
#Cheers. I'm going to crush College Sig Bets (It's my goal for the 21/22 season)