wrstlingfan937

Austin Mad Man Desanto

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Frank seems to be off living his best life. I'm just glad he was around to get that Dake win under his belt. 

@nhs67 I, snobbishly, claim the college boards are ridiculous.
But it's 100% a reflection of it being the offseason. 
I'm so sad it's now the international off-season.
Double OF has me grasping at straws.
#Cheers. I'm going to crush College Sig Bets (It's my goal for the 21/22 season)

Make me a bet.  Do it.

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

4 lbs each seems reasonable. 

Reminds me of a buddy of mine who lost his leg from just below the knee down due to a car accident when we were seniors in HS 1969 and so had to get an artifical lower leg.  We all needled each other about everything, so after a while we started calling him "Maple Leg", when we knew he'd be cool with it and give it back to us about something.  One day, another buddy of ours called him "Old Hickory".  Our buddy with the artifical leg always talked out the side of his mouth like a gangster and had a gravelly voice.  He look at us and said "You dumb moth******ers .  If this was made out of maple or hickory, I wouldn't be able to lift it."  Somebody said "Well, what is it made out of?"  He said "How the f**k do I know, balsa or something I guess."  Man, I still laugh about that 50+ years later.  His wrestling career was over, but he still played baseball and later was a hammer in the local softball leagues.

8 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Isn't Seabass dropping back down to 133?  If so, he is another guy I take over DeSanto.

Actually he is going 74. The question is KG or LBS?

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Make me a bet.  Do it.

It's coming :) my initial thought was "Desanto doesn't finish top 3", but I don't got that kind of time to care. 
Stay tuned, could include Brock Maul Her, Aj Bugatti, The Great Alex Marinelli (Even though my yearly stance on him is he won't finish top 4 and Ill stick with it this year), ... I dunno i'll come up with a quicker one, be ready for one of these early season tournies. 

Edited by spladle08

1 hour ago, Sstern said:

DS is a talent but with his comp this year he is more likely to get DQ’d on his way to the finals than actually making it.

Or Injury Default...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeSanto was a dominant third place finisher last year. Additionally, he expanded his offensive skillset. He started using a slide bye way more on his left. And he’s been using an elbow pass to attack on his right side more. He’s also much more willing to take shots with loose or no ties. Most of his attacks are still dependent on him controlling his opponents left arm with his right. But the improvement is there.

But… do I see him beating RBY.. nope 

I'll be interested in seeing Micic's conditioning.  I can't imagine what could motivate him to make weight  twice a week and work so hard to be in shape for 5 months.  Maybe he will shorten his season.  I'll be impressed if can stay 7 minutes with DeSanto.  If conditioned well, he is another DeSanto can't beat.

I'll be interested in seeing Micic's conditioning.  I can't imagine what could motivate him to make weight  twice a week and work so hard to be in shape for 5 months.  Maybe he will shorten his season.  I'll be impressed if can stay 7 minutes with DeSanto.  If conditioned well, he is another DeSanto can't beat.
I've been thinking the same thing a little.

"Does Micic still care about folkstyle wrestling?"
If he's in prime form he can win it, if not. .... Might be a lousy performance.

As far as Desanto goes. With Micic/Fix/RBY/Vitali (is he here this year )/ Suriano/ and then all those fringe guys ... I'll assume he gets 4th/5th

He's as impressive as they come, it's just a tough weight

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
12 minutes ago, Mphillips said:
I can see Micic only weighing in at 133 a couple times and then at B1G and NCAA. 
Same goes for Suriano at 125 I believe.

Oh is Suriano going 125?

Per Minnow he is already crowning him Natty Champ at 125 for Penn State.

Minnow bless.

RBY, Fix, Micic, Rivera have got to be considered pretty solid favorites over Desanto. Of those, I'd give him the best chance against Rivera, but only on the backside since he has a reputation for not wrestling back to the best of his ability. Vito is really, really good. I just don't know what he looks like at 133, if he goes that weight.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

RBY, Fix, Micic, Rivera have got to be considered pretty solid favorites over Desanto. Of those, I'd give him the best chance against Rivera, but only on the backside since he has a reputation for not wrestling back to the best of his ability. Vito is really, really good. I just don't know what he looks like at 133, if he goes that weight.

I can see Vito knocking off any of the top guys but I could also see him getting shut down and losing big to someone like Micic , he’s a true wildcard at this weight 

35 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I can see Micic only weighing in at 133 a couple times and then at B1G and NCAA. 

Same goes for Suriano at 125 I believe.

I mean he was just wrestling 125.6 internationally for the last 2/3 years so idk why 133 is going to give him issues 

I agree with suriano, it may be the reason he’s only wrestling 2nd semester 

Edited by Antitroll2828

I can see Vito knocking off any of the top guys but I could also see him getting shut down and losing big to someone like Micic , he’s a true wildcard at this weight 
He's 100% one of those guys that when something starts getting exploited in a match it's like he can't fix it on the fly it just snowballs.

But as you mentioned, when he's firing on all cylinders he's difficult to keep up with.

33 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I've been thinking the same thing a little.

"Does Micic still care about folkstyle wrestling?"
If he's in prime form he can win it, if not. .... Might be a lousy performance.

As far as Desanto goes. With Micic/Fix/RBY/Vitali (is he here this year )/ Suriano/ and then all those fringe guys ... I'll assume he gets 4th/5th

He's as impressive as they come, it's just a tough weight

IMO the deciding factor for Micic coming back and wrestling folk this year was NCAAs being in Detroit. So in my mind, he's pretty motivated. At this point I would pick him to win (mostly because he's 25).

IMO the deciding factor for Micic coming back and wrestling folk this year was NCAAs being in Detroit. So in my mind, he's pretty motivated. At this point I would pick him to win (mostly because he's 25).
I mean I don't know if the 25 is significant.
They've all gained experience since the last time Micic wrestled Folkstyle (2019)

Fix just turned in a performance at Worlds.
RBY been a folkstyle dynamo.
Blah blah blah. (Mentioning the advancements of everyone else )

Yes he's gotten older but when do you stop developing, especially in a style you haven't been practicing.
I'd say the advancements those freshman have made since he last competed are going to be hurdles.

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I mean I don't know if the 25 is significant.
They've all gained experience since the last time Micic wrestled Folkstyle (2019)

Fix just turned in a performance at Worlds.
RBY been a folkstyle dynamo.
Blah blah blah. (Mentioning the advancements of everyone else )

Yes he's gotten older but when do you stop developing, especially in a style you haven't been practicing.
I'd say the advancements those freshman have made since he last competed are going to be hurdles.

It's gonna be awesome. I would take the field over Micic, but Micic over any one wrestler.