wrstlingfan937

Austin Mad Man Desanto

I would favor Desanto over Rivera if they wrestled, but only slightly.
I think Rivera is considerably better on his feet but I'm not confident he can survive the gas tank.
If it was a 2 minute match give me Rivera 100% of the time,. (Or even a freestyle match )
But ....

If it's a 3 takedown to 3 escapes match (reasonable ish) heading into the 3rd ... That's only a 3 point match and with that Tasmanian Devil coming at you... I just picture Rivera wilting.

Wonder how big he is with his walk around weight after being 65kg so long .

26 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I would favor Desanto over Rivera if they wrestled, but only slightly.

Where in the bracketdoes the match take place?

Consolation semifinals at NCAAs? Gimme Desanto.
Semis at the Big Ten Tournament? I'd probably lean Rivera. 

6 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

The first time they wrestle I lean DeSanto.  Supposedly it gets easier to wrestle him after you get your first feel.

Otherwise, I agree with you.  SeaBass is tough up top, but a real front runner.  Not great in consolations.

18 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Doesn't matter to me.  Especially since Iowa isn't having a dual match w/ Rutgers this year, that means it would be Rivera's first time feeling Desanto, and we have a lot of evidence to suggest that's much better for Desanto.

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Doesn't matter to me.  Especially since Iowa isn't having a dual match w/ Rutgers this year, that means it would be Rivera's first time feeling Desanto, and we have a lot of evidence to suggest that's much better for Desanto.

Not that it makes any difference now, but I so wonder if they ever crossed paths in high school.  Bunch of local tournaments they could have both attended like Beast, Christmas City, etc

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Not that it makes any difference now, but I so wonder if they ever crossed paths in high school.  Bunch of local tournaments they could have both attended like Beast, Christmas City, etc

Yeah, I'm not super-versed in high school results.

Are the midlands happening this season? Rutgers has gone to that a few times maybe Seabass and desanto hit then 

51 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Are the midlands happening this season? Rutgers has gone to that a few times maybe Seabass and desanto hit then 

I don't believe Iowa is sending a full roster to Midlands this year.  At least that's what I've heard.

6 hours ago, spladle08 said:
6 hours ago, Mphillips said:
I can see Micic only weighing in at 133 a couple times and then at B1G and NCAA. 
Same goes for Suriano at 125 I believe.

Oh is Suriano going 125?

If you've heard 133 it must not be at PSU?

Just now, Mphillips said:

If you've heard 133 it must not be at PSU?

I just haven't paid attention at all. 
I saw the rumors thread. 
Then I saw Patty Cakes tweeted he's already moved back or something. 

He'll go where he goes, but I'm always thinking international, and I value size, so 133 to come down and compete at 57kg seems more ideal to me. 
But maybe he has some Spencer Lee victory envisioned. 
Or maybe he's going elsewhere. 
I just had him locked in as a 33.  (I'm out of the loop)

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean he was just wrestling 125.6 internationally for the last 2/3 years so idk why 133 is going to give him issues 

I agree with suriano, it may be the reason he’s only wrestling 2nd semester 

I hear ya, I don't believe it will either.  I just believe it will be sparingly...

24 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I saw the rumors thread. 

He'll go where he goes, but I'm always thinking international, and I value size, so 133 to come down and compete at 57kg seems more ideal to me. 

No "loop" here I just can't believe the RBY domino effect. 

Im looking for him in CBUS.

Edited by Mphillips

24 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I saw the rumors thread. 

His social media posts have hinted at him being on a mission /vision quest thing so I’d imagine if he’s coming back it’s to stop Spencer from being a 4xer , so even if hate suriano you got to appreciate any guy who ll put it on the line to try to beat one of the best to do it 

37 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

His social media posts have hinted at him being on a mission /vision quest thing so I’d imagine if he’s coming back it’s to stop Spencer from being a 4xer , so even if hate suriano you got to appreciate any guy who ll put it on the line to try to beat one of the best to do it 

Not really, he isn't putting anything on the line, its more like he can steal Lee's legacy.

13 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Not really, he isn't putting anything on the line, its more like he can steal Lee's legacy.

Is it even that though? Suriano doesn’t get 4 titles if he beats Lee. It would certainly add to Suriano’s legacy and impact Lee’s negatively but it’s not like he gets to absorb Lee’s other accomplishments.

17 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Is it even that though? Suriano doesn’t get 4 titles if he beats Lee. It would certainly add to Suriano’s legacy and impact Lee’s negatively but it’s not like he gets to absorb Lee’s other accomplishments.

Yeah fair enough, still close to a win win for Suriano.

Edited by hammerlockthree

58 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

He could’ve walked away a ncaa champ and hero to Rutgers and NJ but instead is probably returning to a place he left , going down a weight from where he was champ and trying to help penn state win a team title and trying to stop Lee from being a 4x timer 

He could’ve walked away a ncaa champ and hero to Rutgers and NJ but instead is probably returning to a place he left , going down a weight from where he was champ and trying to help penn state win a team title and trying to stop Lee from being a 4x timer 

What is he putting on the line? He loses nothing if he loses, he can only gain. He's the underdog. Also, does this mean he was running from Lee for two years and now that Lee is injured he sees an opportunity? Don't make it out to be more than it is. It's a no-lose situation for Suriano if he follows through.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

If he was passing up a guaranteed title at 133, then this would look more heroic. Probably tougher to make the finals at 133 than 125 though.

In the end, I don't really care about what his motivation is. If we get to see 2-3 Suriano-Lee matches this year, we all win.

Just now, Fletcher said:

If he was passing up a guaranteed title at 133, then this would look more heroic. Probably tougher to make the finals at 133 than 125 though.

In the end, I don't really care about what his motivation is. If we get to see 2-3 Suriano-Lee matches this year, we all win.

Him and RBY would be the favorites I would imagine at 133 but I agree 133 is a gauntlet…

we could see that match happen up to 4 times…big ten dual, national duals, big ten finals , ncaas , hopefully that happens