wrstlingfan937

Austin Mad Man Desanto

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Love that this thread is still going . 
And no Desanto can't win a title. 
But can we all still appreciate that people were letting him act an a$$ and say "He has autism" 
Then he moved to a major program where acting an a$$ isn't tolerated and he loses like a normal human now. 
Will always be my favorite  glossed over narrative. 

Anyways. 3rd place for Mr. The Santo

Other than DeSanto threatening to kill a woman last year at NCAAs, he loses like a human. 

Just now, AHamilton said:

How do you know?  The message boards?

Brands released a statement about this incident when it happened. He didn't explicitly state what Austin said, just that he had an interaction with a reporter and that there was zero tolerance for his behavior. Hence, Austin was barred from the medal ceremony. It made pretty big headlines the last day of NCAAs. 

Just now, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Brands released a statement about this incident when it happened. He didn't explicitly state what Austin said, just that he had an interaction with a reporter and that there was zero tolerance for his behavior. Hence, Austin was barred from the medal ceremony. It made pretty big headlines the last day of NCAAs. 

I'm well aware of all of this.  It said nothing about any death threats, am I right? I thought it was an NCAA tournament official, but it doesn't matter and there should be zero tolerance for any abusive behavior.  But lets not have message board speculation to become gospel.

9 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I'm well aware of all of this.  It said nothing about any death threats, am I right? I thought it was an NCAA tournament official, but it doesn't matter and there should be zero tolerance for any abusive behavior.  But lets not have message board speculation to become gospel.

Crap...now how am I going to know what is true and what isn't if I don't take everything I read on here as gospel?!?!  Some of these people seem like they know everything about everything.  Oh I know, I'll go watch the news....  lol

3 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Speculation thread is located here and a few other places to be fair...

1 hour ago, Perry said:

I was there but I believe brands was also pretty vocal about it and keeping Austin out of the team celebration. 

I'm aware... but was there a death threat? I believe he said something he shouldn't have.  But did he threaten murder?

Brands is the one that said he wouldn't attend. My understanding was that Iowa decided he wouldn't attend that night. Likely that course of action was suggested by the NCAA.

I don't think anyone recorded what AD said to her. He was walking along the wall surrounding the mats below the stands. She said something to him and he said something to her that generated a startle response from her.

5 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Brands is the one that said he wouldn't attend. My understanding was that Iowa decided he wouldn't attend that night. Likely that course of action was suggested by the NCAA.

I don't think anyone recorded what AD said to her. He was walking along the wall surrounding the mats below the stands. She said something to him and he said something to her that generated a startle response from her.

I'm, sure he said something awful.  Maybe a curse word.  Maybe a threat.  But we do not know that he threatened her life.  That is all I am saying.  The funny thing is: If he actually physically attacked the woman, we would not be allowed to have this discussion.  Kinda crazy!

17 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

hold on....you were there? well tell us what happened

Yes, I helped run weigh ins each day and continually got yelled at for not leaving the floor area lol the incident pretty much involved a lady attempting to stop Austin shortly after one of his matches for a quick interview and desanto was having none of it. It's been a little while but I believe the comment was along the lines of "don't talk to me, I'll kill you" before quickly walking off. Honestly, it seemed like more like an aspergers type moment of extreme social awkwardness than a real threat being made, but those people also get offended when they don't get comments from the athletes which I think is probably another reason it was brought up later. That's my best recollection of it at this point.

Edited by Perry

19 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I'm aware... but was there a death threat? I believe he said something he shouldn't have.  But did he threaten murder?

look what are we dancing around here? did he say words that if taken literally were a "death threat"? probably. were they, in fact, a literal death threat? of course not. If they were then i issued dozens of death threats on my brother during our youth.

tbh i'm much more annoyed about a desanto clip flo posted with the caption "no easy escapes" - desanto was up 15 and i'm sure his opponent thought he was just standing after getting teched and desanto tripped him from behind and returned him to the mat (though maybe he didn't realize the score either, since the ref didn't appear to.)

Edited by ugarte

On 11/12/2021 at 3:51 PM, dman115 said:

Crap...now how am I going to know what is true and what isn't if I don't take everything I read on here as gospel?!?!  Some of these people seem like they know everything about everything.  Oh I know, I'll go watch the news....  lol

Rumor is Max Dean at Penn State.  May not be true because I saw it on here, though.

3 hours ago, ugarte said:

tbh i'm much more annoyed about a desanto clip flo posted with the caption "no easy escapes" - desanto was up 15 and i'm sure his opponent thought he was just standing after getting teched and desanto tripped him from behind and returned him to the mat (though maybe he didn't realize the score either, since the ref didn't appear to.)

Not even in the Top 10 of DeSanto’s poor in match or end of match decisions. I’d chalk that one up him just continuing  to wrestle and score.  Although if his opponent was aware of the score, I’m sure he got surprises to get tripped on the standup.  

Edited by MadMardigain