Sign in to follow this  
tech_fall

Cael should Challenge Dake.

Wouldn't that be cool I know Cael is bigger prob well over 200 but he was down a little last year when he wrestled freestyle. I'm sure he stays in shape in the PSU room. This would make an incredible charity event or something to promote the sport coin it as save olympic wrestling. Dake vs Cael at around 190 or so. Dake is all about bumping up isn't he. Would remind me of the latest Rocky movie that came out new vs old.

It would never happen, but I'd love to see it. Dake would end up like that "War Horse" all tangled in barb wire and coach Koll would patch him back up again.

The truth is it's a no win situation for both legends. If Dake were to win he beat a 33 year old well past his prime. If Cael were to win he was more experienced and had a weight/size advantage over the smaller Dake. It would seem to create more questions than answers.

All that being said, it would be an entertaining event and one heck of a fund raiser for a good cause.

I think Taylor could answer any questions any of you have regarding his interpretation of the outcome of that dream match. He wrestled both several times.

dumbest post of the year so far. congrats

People like you are comical just make stupid remarks that pertain to nothing from behind a computer. Get a life champ.

You mispelled "chump". You need to change that A to a U. Sorry, I'm a stickler for accuracy.

dumbest post of the year so far. congrats

People like you are comical just make stupid remarks that pertain to nothing from behind a computer. Get a life champ.

actually, my post pertained to how dumb the original post was. i am not sure how else i am supposed to post on here other than being behind a computer. dake was 171 ish the monday after ncaa's per his twitter account. at best he might top out at 180. a 24 hour weigh-in at 185 was very difficult for cael in 2011. to think dake would do anything, but get smashed in this match-up would show great ignorance. this has the makings of every other dumb dake/smith/sanderson thread. you just happen to mention you had the thought that dake could beat cael at a catch weight.

I have no interest in bold pronouncements distinguishing the accomplishments of Dake and Cael - both of whom did something tremendous and unprecedented that I don't see being replicated anytime soon. However I agree with sockobuw, this hypothetical is a bit silly. When not starving himself to make 84kg, Cael was dead even with the Olympic champ from 9 months ago. Dake coming out of college 50 pounds under 96 kilo is going to give Cael a match? Please.

I think the catch weight that was posted above would be around 190lbs. (around 86kg) 96kg is 211.5, 84kg is 185 or so.

It could make for a fun exhibition and revenue generator for the cause to save olympic wrestling. Like the Adam Frey Classic, it's mostly a just for fun exhibition, unlike the other exhibition like the all-star classic which is taken a bit more seriously.

Dake is too small to compete with Cael - even now that Cael is past his prime. He is a 74 KG guy - with no proven track record (as of yet) on the international level. He simply can not compete with someone who, even when cutting extreme weight, is still a weight class above him - not to mention can compete with and beat our Olympic Champion 2 weights above him.

The idea of an exhibition to save olympic wrestling is interesting...but this particular match wouldn't work at all.

I saw this and said to myself.......self do not take part in such hyperbole. Just don't do it.

SO, yeah the professor is waaay big for Dake. Just rollin' round in the room....the professor would crush his Hodge trophy buttock (that is to say...one multi-Hodge to another single Hodge).

Lets just go ask a 'like opponent'.... Hodge Taylor that is. He could very well have the answer. Yeah Taylor might roll around with the professor several times per wk.? Especially in season. Taylor must , he must , or, he should. There I go shoulding on myself again.

I would ask Taylor this silly question (apologies to the author). He could settle this all important query.

The professor is past this sort of thing. His gas tank will likely never be 'wrestling full' again. No more full out 7 min bouts for the professor.

Unless, that is, the professor says ....yo let's go do this. Never know...do we ?

Cael Sanderson should have to challenge the top 10 guys from some other country and have to take them all out over the course of 1 day, Diggstown style, with the fate of Olympic Wrestling hanging in the balance.

I would watch that movie.

I think we all can agree that the USA is all about saving wrestling for the Olympics.

Is this about revenues? Is wrestling a non-sequiter on the balance sheet? A loser?

What truly is the issue here? You can do all the fundraisers you want, raise millions, but is the real issue being dealt with?