Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Which current/recent wrestler reminds you most of Cael?

10 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Trent Hidlay was not a good win for Brooks?

I am not saying Hidlay was not a good win for him, he was. The weight class itself is dreadfully shallow on top talent, and Brooks doesn't have the typical grind in the Big Ten that the rest of the weights have. His top competition is out of the ACC. The Big Ten is weak at 184. I will take Amine at 184 this year, if that is where he goes.

31 minutes ago, snapspinscore said:

I am not saying Hidlay was not a good win for him, he was. The weight class itself is dreadfully shallow on top talent, and Brooks doesn't have the typical grind in the Big Ten that the rest of the weights have. His top competition is out of the ACC. The Big Ten is weak at 184. I will take Amine at 184 this year, if that is where he goes.

But didn't Brooks still win the NCAA's??  Or did he win because in your opinion 184 is weak in the Big Ten?  Really confused by the logic...which I am confused a lot soo....

7 hours ago, dman115 said:

But didn't Brooks still win the NCAA's??  Or did he win because in your opinion 184 is weak in the Big Ten?  Really confused by the logic...which I am confused a lot soo....

It is my opinion that he has won NCAA and has dominated for two years, because the weight is extremely weak. I am not saying he is trash, he is a very very good wrestler. I just do not see him as this generational talent that some on here have pegged him, like the one poster saying he reminds him most of Cael. That doesn't seem realistic to me. Especially seeing the guys that have come through PSU the past decade or so. Brooks does not stack up to Taylor, Ruth, Nolf, Nickel, Hall, Retherford. I think at best, he stacks up with Joseph at best case, but more like Quinten Wright. Nothing to be ashamed of, just not all-time great status.

17 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

It is my opinion that he has won NCAA and has dominated for two years, because the weight is extremely weak. I am not saying he is trash, he is a very very good wrestler. I just do not see him as this generational talent that some on here have pegged him, like the one poster saying he reminds him most of Cael. That doesn't seem realistic to me. Especially seeing the guys that have come through PSU the past decade or so. Brooks does not stack up to Taylor, Ruth, Nolf, Nickel, Hall, Retherford. I think at best, he stacks up with Joseph at best case, but more like Quinten Wright. Nothing to be ashamed of, just not all-time great status.

Fair enough