Sign in to follow this  
Uwwdoc

February 12th 2022-Team USA Vs Team Iran-official

Official as per Flowrestling.

Gable Stevenson says he would be willing to face Zare. Don't know if WWE will allow it though.

But you could have an epic card.

I would actually like to go against the grain a bit and do more unconventional matches and do Burroughs Vs Yazdani at 86 or cactchweight. Instead of Taylor vs Yazdani 5.

Have Ghasempour face Taylor instead.

Zare vs Gable would be sweet to see who deserves the crown.

Mohammadian vs Cox at 97?

Obviously the more obvious choices are rematches in Taylor and Yaz and Cox and Ghasempour.

Either way it is exciting. But I think having Burroughs vs Yazdani is a superfight and then some and a big draw. More than Yaz and Taylor.

This is interesting.  Will all 10 weights be contested?  Is Iran bringing all of their #1's from Worlds?

I would imagine that Team USA will have Nato at 61kg, McKenna at 65kg, and Gwiz at 125kg since the college season will have started.

Even if Gable wants to wrestle and everyone would want to see the match - isn’t Gwiz our guy at the moment?

Or would Flow handpick the team if it’s essentially an exhibition?

15 minutes ago, wamba said:

Even if Gable wants to wrestle and everyone would want to see the match - isn’t Gwiz our guy at the moment?

Or would Flow handpick the team if it’s essentially an exhibition?

Just a guess but I would think Flo would dictate this lineup more so than USAW.  They'll be the ones paying out for it.  

I doubt we see Taylor/Yazdani in this.  I imagine at this point they're not going to want to square off when there's not a world title on the line.  They're at the point where every match is going to be about what was learned from their last match....

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

Official as per Flowrestling.

Gable Stevenson says he would be willing to face Zare. Don't know if WWE will allow it though.

But you could have an epic card.

I would actually like to go against the grain a bit and do more unconventional matches and do Burroughs Vs Yazdani at 86 or cactchweight. Instead of Taylor vs Yazdani 5.

Have Ghasempour face Taylor instead.

Zare vs Gable would be sweet to see who deserves the crown.

Mohammadian vs Cox at 97?

Obviously the more obvious choices are rematches in Taylor and Yaz and Cox and Ghasempour.

Either way it is exciting. But I think having Burroughs vs Yazdani is a superfight and then some and a big draw. More than Yaz and Taylor.

I think 86, 92, 97 and 125 will be must watch matches if the top guys from both sides show up

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Imagine Ghasempour VS Taylor at 86 and Yazdani VS Snyder at 97...?

Yes please.

See this is more like it. We finally have a chance at some fantasy match ups rather than the classic stuff we see in worlds or olympics. Like what you suggested.

Give me JB Vs Yaz. That's money.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Imagine Ghasempour VS Taylor at 86 and Yazdani VS Snyder at 97...?

Yes please.

At the weight/size disadvantage, I see the underhook game being exhausting. 
But yes, I would be glued to my screen.
Hell I'd be glued for Snyder Mohammedian 

4 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

See this is more like it. We finally have a chance at some fantasy match ups rather than the classic stuff we see in worlds or olympics. Like what you suggested.

Give me JB Vs Yaz. That's money.

I love the idea of JB/Yaz. Has a nice little Rio ring to it. 

So according to the UWW event calendar, there are two ranking events in February the first being 03-06, and the other 24-27. So I am wondering how many of our number ones will be at one or both of these ranking tournaments. And if they are there who will be here, and likewise for the Iranian team. 

7 hours ago, de4856 said:

So according to the UWW event calendar, there are two ranking events in February the first being 03-06, and the other 24-27. So I am wondering how many of our number ones will be at one or both of these ranking tournaments. And if they are there who will be here, and likewise for the Iranian team. 

In the interview, Rich Bender said he's expecting USA's #1 at each weight class. He said Iran should be bringing their # 1's as well.

My big question is how much Iran is committed to this? Will they back out due to whatever at some point? My other question is does Daton Fix wrestle for USA or OSU, or both? 

1 hour ago, 2td3nf said:

In the interview, Rich Bender said he's expecting USA's #1 at each weight class. He said Iran should be bringing their # 1's as well.

My big question is how much Iran is committed to this? Will they back out due to whatever at some point? My other question is does Daton Fix wrestle for USA or OSU, or both? 

So Fix is expected to beat DeSanto at 133lbs, then wrestle the very next match against Iran's hammer?

They are supposedly alternating weights between styles on two different mats.

48 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

So Fix is expected to beat DeSanto at 133lbs, then wrestle the very next match against Iran's hammer?

They are supposedly alternating weights between styles on two different mats.

It will be a good way for Fix to blow his lungs out before the real match begins

4 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

How about Yianni at 65kg?  Cornell has a non-Ivy match that day (Binghamton), but does he take a break from folkstyle to prepare for this match?  The weekend prior is a grudge match against Princeton, and he isn't going to miss that.

I'd like to see a rule modification since this is an exhibition.

Use a folkstyle mat.

Carver-Hawkeye.jpg_Edit.jpg

Instead of a shot clock, restart the match with a step-out rule for the small circle. When a score occurs, then continue match from normal area of activity (the big circle).

On 10/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, Lurker said:

Just a guess but I would think Flo would dictate this lineup more so than USAW.  They'll be the ones paying out for it.  

I doubt we see Taylor/Yazdani in this.  I imagine at this point they're not going to want to square off when there's not a world title on the line.  They're at the point where every match is going to be about what was learned from their last match....

I’d agree re: Flo.

However, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Taylor vs Yazdani provided Flo pays up.