Sign in to follow this  
Uwwdoc

February 12th 2022-Team USA Vs Team Iran-official

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I would rather see Yaz and Snyder, personally.

Ghasempour VS Taylor.

Cox VS Mohammadian.

That is insane. Why would Yazdani move up two weight divisions to face Snyder? He already moved up from 74kg to begin with. And I doubt Mohammadian can move down let alone that he would be willing to do so for this event.

Ghasempour at 86kg and Yazdani at 92kg makes more sense in that it's at least theoretically plausible but even then I doubt Ghasempour will want to cut to 86kg for this having just wrestled at 92kg. 

32 minutes ago, The Genius said:

That is insane. Why would Yazdani move up two weight divisions to face Snyder? He already moved up from 74kg to begin with. And I doubt Mohammadian can move down let alone that he would be willing to do so for this event.

Ghasempour at 86kg and Yazdani at 92kg makes more sense in that it's at least theoretically plausible but even then I doubt Ghasempour will want to cut to 86kg for this having just wrestled at 92kg. 

You see... you fail to understand it doesn't have to make sense to want it.

Also, he would go up, because he's an all-timer.  While 97 is two weight classes up for Worlds, it is only one for Olympics.  That is more prestigious.  He goes up and takes out Snyder, what does that do for his legacy in Iran?  He's already 'The Greatest' there.  He takes out who we call Captain America and he transcends even further, yes?

26 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You see... you fail to understand it doesn't have to make sense to want it.

Also, he would go up, because he's an all-timer.  While 97 is two weight classes up for Worlds, it is only one for Olympics.  That is more prestigious.  He goes up and takes out Snyder, what does that do for his legacy in Iran?  He's already 'The Greatest' there.  He takes out who we call Captain America and he transcends even further, yes?

He has already moved up three weight classes from 70kg to 86kg since 2015 (Yazdani's first world medal at 70kg). Snyder also won his first world medal in 2015 (at 97kg) - how many weight classes has he moved up since then? And you want to see Yaz move up another two weight classes...?

I'd rather see Snyder move up to 125kg. Yazdani v Cox is much more interesting than Yazdani v Snyder. 

30 minutes ago, The Genius said:

He has already moved up three weight classes from 70kg to 86kg since 2015 (Yazdani's first world medal at 70kg). Snyder also won his first world medal in 2015 (at 97kg) - how many weight classes has he moved up since then? And you want to see Yaz move up another two weight classes...?

I'd rather see Snyder move up to 125kg. Yazdani v Cox is much more interesting than Yazdani v Snyder. 

Yes.  I want to see Yazdani face Snyder.  Two elite wrestlers with very contrasting styles.  Yazdani is not a small 86kg guy.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to see that match.  Are you afraid Yazdani would lose, or something?  You seem to be triggered to the point you're more than mildly offended.

I have no interest in seeing Snyder go up.  I wouldn't mind seeing Sadulaev go up, but this isn't a thread about Russia.

To me the matches I would prefer to see are Yazdani-Snyder, Taylor-Ghasempour(not at 86 so he doesn't have to cut), and Cox-Mohammadian.

What we don't know is if and what the weight allownace(s) will be.  Will it be like the rest of the Flo cards have been and be +2kg?  If that is the case, Ghasempour is not going 86(88).  The most logical match would be Cox-Yazdani.  I agree there.  That doesn't make it the match I want, though. 

Yazdani won 2017 worlds in a bracket that Cox was in with ease.  12-2, 10-0, 10-0, 4-0, 10-0.  Nobody was close to him.  The version of Cox we had at Worlds this year was not the version we had at 92 in 2018 and 2019.  He has some ground to make up to be that version.

Again, I must iterate that wanting to see these matches doesn't mean I think they make sense.  I didn't think that would offend you so severely.  My apologies there.

4 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Why the hell won’t Snyder move up to wrestle Zare if Gable doesn’t go? He’s not that big of HWT. 

If he struggled with Goleij, I think Zare would be a nightmare for him. The Zare that beat Geno and Taha. Can't see Snyder having much of a shot. Zare isn't the biggest but he he is a good bit bigger than Kyle.

6 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Why the hell won’t Snyder move up to wrestle Zare if Gable doesn’t go? He’s not that big of HWT. 

No one wants to see this.  Snyder would get worked by Zare.  I'm not sure if Snyder can beat Ghasempour.

These fantasy matches with guys wrestling outside their weight are silly.  It would be an amazing dual if both countries bring their #1's in each weight.  Let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.