Sign in to follow this  
MonagFam

Live Streaming Wrestling in Japan (Men's FS I think)

37 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

The stances were not greco-like. I thought I saw a leg shot at some point a bit later and doesn't international greco tech out at 8? It starts at 8-0.

I am not sure what you are saying. Over the weekend, I had posted a link to the Japanese University Greco Roman tournament.  Then last night I posted a new event that was Freestyle and made a note of the discipline in both posts.  The reason I said "I think" is because I didnt translate and only watched on of the three mats, so I wasnt sure if there were any women's matches.

2 hours ago, MonagFam said:

I am not sure what you are saying. Over the weekend, I had posted a link to the Japanese University Greco Roman tournament.  Then last night I posted a new event that was Freestyle and made a note of the discipline in both posts.  The reason I said "I think" is because I didnt translate and only watched on of the three mats, so I wasnt sure if there were any women's matches.

I was saying exactly what I said. The first thing I noticed was the stances. Greco stances are more upright. And they started in the clip at 8-0. Internationally 8-0 would end the bout in Greco but not in FS. USAW does matches in Greco with 10 point spread to end which actually confused an Egyptian  transplant kid we had wrestling for us at Fargo.

And did you think they might be women?

The clip started somewhere in the middle so I assumed you were pointing to that specific match.

5 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I was saying exactly what I said. The first thing I noticed was the stances. Greco stances are more upright. And they started in the clip at 8-0. Internationally 8-0 would end the bout in Greco but not in FS. USAW does matches in Greco with 10 point spread to end which actually confused an Egyptian  transplant kid we had wrestling for us at Fargo.

And did you think they might be women?

The clip started somewhere in the middle so I assumed you were pointing to that specific match.

When I posted the link, the event was streaming live so I don't think I can time stamp it.  All I was doing was letting people know an event was taking place in case they wanted to watch.

Did you read what I wrote above?  I specifically mentioned Men's FS with a question mark because I only watched one of the mats which were streaming (all have a different link). I knew those wrestling on the link I selected were men and I knew it was FS.  I did not translate the information to determine if women were wrestling at the event as well. 

I never claimed this event was Greco, but I specifically mentioned FS, because I know some people prefer one discipline over the other and I had just linked the Greco competition that started this past Friday..

4 minutes ago, MonagFam said:

When I posted the link, the event was streaming live so I don't think I can time stamp it.  All I was doing was letting people know an event was taking place in case they wanted to watch.

Did you read what I wrote above?  I specifically mentioned Men's FS with a question mark because I only watched one of the mats which were streaming (all have a different link). I knew those wrestling on the link I selected were men and I knew it was FS.  I did not translate the information to determine if women were wrestling at the event as well. 

I never claimed this event was Greco, but I specifically mentioned FS, because I know some people prefer one discipline over the other and I had just linked the Greco competition that started this past Friday..

I read it, I was just telling you why I responded that way. I had no idea the question mark was meant to say you didn't know if it was ONLY MFS. Not a big deal.

Edited by gimpeltf