headshuck

Which current/past coach reminds you of Cael Sanderson?

41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Awaits a certain someone to come in and tell us how it wasn’t really a big deal, didn’t hit anyone, and certainly understandable at the moment. 

Minor compared to wrestling rooms of the same era.  

I remember reading a story about a wrestler coming back from the Olympics to coach at Indiana, overstaying his time in the gym one day, and Knight came in with the bball team, and got in the guys face screaming at him. It didn't end well for Knight (but apparently the two became good friends afterwards).

51 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I remember reading a story about a wrestler coming back from the Olympics to coach at Indiana, overstaying his time in the gym one day, and Knight came in with the bball team, and got in the guys face screaming at him. It didn't end well for Knight (but apparently the two became good friends afterwards).

Awesome story if true!  That would have been amazing to see!  I remember a 125 lb .500 wrestler for a Big Ten school telling me how he and the littles on the team would go to the local bar where the football players hung out and take on the linebackers outside and whoop up on them.  The football players would get super pissed I guess and keep coming back but end up in the same spot, tied in a knot begging for mercy!  LOL

59 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

6 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Awesome story if true! 

Doug Blubaugh.

Little known fact about that was that prior to this incident, one of the wrestlers walked along the side of the gym during a bball practice, coming to/from the wrestling room...whatever......and Knight grabbed him by his troat and put him up against the wall.  I know this wrestler well, and Blubaugh was informed.  He was just looking for a reason...

55 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Doug Blubaugh.

Little known fact about that was that prior to this incident, one of the wrestlers walked along the side of the gym during a bball practice, coming to/from the wrestling room...whatever......and Knight grabbed him by his troat and put him up against the wall.  I know this wrestler well, and Blubaugh was informed.  He was just looking for a reason...

Wow...great story!!  Freaking bball players and coaches.  LOL 

Funny, I was just watching ESPN this a.m. and they were showing highlights of a basketball player dunking the ball and then he flexed...I was like, what in the heck is he flexing for, bball is one of the least tough guy sports there is yet they act as if they are the toughest person in the world because they dunked a ball...just seemed funny to me...almost as funny as watching them try and fight...a lot of wind-milling and backing up...cracks me up every time.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, Lurker said:

Doug Blubaugh.

I've heard the story a few times, but never heard this piece.  Makes much more sense now... I imagine under normal circumstances Blubaugh would find somewhere else to run.  

Knight had a weird thing for the old school choke move.  

1 minute ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I've heard the story a few times, but never heard this piece.  Makes much more sense now... I imagine under normal circumstances Blubaugh would find somewhere else to run.  

Knight had a weird thing for the old school choke move.  

Yeah exactly. That was a very purposeful morning jog.....