gallison

BOUT AT THE BALLPARK (USA V. IRAN AND OSU VS. IOWA)

This is a pretty attractive event when you live in north Texas.  There's a couple of questions I'm hoping someone has answers for.

1.  Globe Life Field is not a covered stadium.  It gets pretty cold in February, even in Texas.  How do you hold two dual meets in potentially freezing temps?

2.  The mats won't be very close so visibility will be poor (see map below).  Anyone know if they will show this on the viewing screens in the ball park so people can get a better view?

3.  Anyone know if this will be televised?

Thx in advance for your help.

GO MIZZOU!

image.png.def3e3c1bba06b028535ca6f939b2cc3.png

14 minutes ago, gallison said:

This is a pretty attractive event when you live in north Texas.  There's a couple of questions I'm hoping someone has answers for.

1.  Globe Life Field is not a covered stadium.  It gets pretty cold in February, even in Texas.  How do you hold two dual meets in potentially freezing temps?

2.  The mats won't be very close so visibility will be poor (see map below).  Anyone know if they will show this on the viewing screens in the ball park so people can get a better view?

3.  Anyone know if this will be televised?

Thx in advance for your help.

GO MIZZOU!

image.png.def3e3c1bba06b028535ca6f939b2cc3.png

Being from Missouri but living in Texas since 2003, not many events like this make their way to our area. Super excited for this. Bought tickets today, section 7 behind the Iowa bench/dugout. 

The date falls on the weekend of the HS Regionals, so there will be a lot of people that will miss it. It also falls on the anniversary of the big freeze we had last year. 

2 hours ago, Mizzoufan01 said:

Being from Missouri but living in Texas since 2003, not many events like this make their way to our area. Super excited for this. Bought tickets today, section 7 behind the Iowa bench/dugout. 

Where in Texas and where are you from in Mo?   My family and I moved to DFW area in 91 from St Louis.   My son wrestled for Rocky Streb at Oakville.

1 hour ago, Griff the BullRam said:

1. Globe Life Field has a retractable roof and is climate controlled, according to MLB.com

2. I don't know, but it would make sense to use in stadium screens

3. This will be streamed on Flo

Thanks for the research.  The old ballpark was called Globe Life and was not enclosed.  I forgot they moved the name of the park when they moved to the new stadium with the roof and climate control.  All good!

18 hours ago, gallison said:

Where in Texas and where are you from in Mo?   My family and I moved to DFW area in 91 from St Louis.   My son wrestled for Rocky Streb at Oakville.

You may not be aware. Coach Streb is making a comeback.  He's going to coach CBC this year. 

1 hour ago, funnyfletcher said:

There will also be some floor seating right behind the infield I believe. I got my tickets! Should be a fun event!

If the mats are raised I would avoid the floor seating. You are closer but sight  lines tend to be terrible with those seats and I feel like two mats would make that even worse.

Edited by wrestlingphish

21 hours ago, gallison said:

I live in Killeen aka Ft. Hood, near the Army base. So 3-3.5 hours south of DFW give or take. I grew up in St. Charles, graduated in 2001 from Howell Central. 

22 hours ago, gallison said:

Thanks for the research.  The old ballpark was called Globe Life and was not enclosed.  I forgot they moved the name of the park when they moved to the new stadium with the roof and climate control.  All good!

My son surprised me and bought tickets.  We'll be there!

On 10/14/2021 at 9:47 PM, Griff the BullRam said:

1. Globe Life Field has a retractable roof and is climate controlled, according to MLB.com

2. I don't know, but it would make sense to use in stadium screens

3. This will be streamed on Flo

So everything will be fine as long as the temp doesn't dip into the 20s and there's snow. At that point Texas pretty much devolves into Lord of the Flies.