Jump to content
gallison

BOUT AT THE BALLPARK (USA V. IRAN AND OSU VS. IOWA)

Recommended Posts

This is a pretty attractive event when you live in north Texas.  There's a couple of questions I'm hoping someone has answers for.

1.  Globe Life Field is not a covered stadium.  It gets pretty cold in February, even in Texas.  How do you hold two dual meets in potentially freezing temps?

2.  The mats won't be very close so visibility will be poor (see map below).  Anyone know if they will show this on the viewing screens in the ball park so people can get a better view?

3.  Anyone know if this will be televised?

Thx in advance for your help.

GO MIZZOU!

image.png.def3e3c1bba06b028535ca6f939b2cc3.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gallison said:

This is a pretty attractive event when you live in north Texas.  There's a couple of questions I'm hoping someone has answers for.

1.  Globe Life Field is not a covered stadium.  It gets pretty cold in February, even in Texas.  How do you hold two dual meets in potentially freezing temps?

2.  The mats won't be very close so visibility will be poor (see map below).  Anyone know if they will show this on the viewing screens in the ball park so people can get a better view?

3.  Anyone know if this will be televised?

Thx in advance for your help.

GO MIZZOU!

image.png.def3e3c1bba06b028535ca6f939b2cc3.png

 

Being from Missouri but living in Texas since 2003, not many events like this make their way to our area. Super excited for this. Bought tickets today, section 7 behind the Iowa bench/dugout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The date falls on the weekend of the HS Regionals, so there will be a lot of people that will miss it. It also falls on the anniversary of the big freeze we had last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mizzoufan01 said:

Being from Missouri but living in Texas since 2003, not many events like this make their way to our area. Super excited for this. Bought tickets today, section 7 behind the Iowa bench/dugout. 

Where in Texas and where are you from in Mo?   My family and I moved to DFW area in 91 from St Louis.   My son wrestled for Rocky Streb at Oakville.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Griff the BullRam said:

1. Globe Life Field has a retractable roof and is climate controlled, according to MLB.com

2. I don't know, but it would make sense to use in stadium screens

3. This will be streamed on Flo

Thanks for the research.  The old ballpark was called Globe Life and was not enclosed.  I forgot they moved the name of the park when they moved to the new stadium with the roof and climate control.  All good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gallison said:

Where in Texas and where are you from in Mo?   My family and I moved to DFW area in 91 from St Louis.   My son wrestled for Rocky Streb at Oakville.

 

You may not be aware. Coach Streb is making a comeback.  He's going to coach CBC this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, funnyfletcher said:

There will also be some floor seating right behind the infield I believe. I got my tickets! Should be a fun event!

If the mats are raised I would avoid the floor seating. You are closer but sight  lines tend to be terrible with those seats and I feel like two mats would make that even worse.

Edited by wrestlingphish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gallison said:

Where in Texas and where are you from in Mo?   My family and I moved to DFW area in 91 from St Louis.   My son wrestled for Rocky Streb at Oakville.

 

I live in Killeen aka Ft. Hood, near the Army base. So 3-3.5 hours south of DFW give or take. I grew up in St. Charles, graduated in 2001 from Howell Central. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gallison said:

Thanks for the research.  The old ballpark was called Globe Life and was not enclosed.  I forgot they moved the name of the park when they moved to the new stadium with the roof and climate control.  All good!

My son surprised me and bought tickets.  We'll be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 9:47 PM, Griff the BullRam said:

1. Globe Life Field has a retractable roof and is climate controlled, according to MLB.com

2. I don't know, but it would make sense to use in stadium screens

3. This will be streamed on Flo

So everything will be fine as long as the temp doesn't dip into the 20s and there's snow. At that point Texas pretty much devolves into Lord of the Flies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...