Uwwdoc

JB and Cox post Oslo

4 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Brooks will be beating Zahid by 2024 if Zahid doesn’t make massive improvements to his endurance.

Right now, Zahid would be gassed and pinned by Taylor by the end of the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the narrative of... this guy will lose because he's tired not because of his talent. 
I think the gas tank isn't the most difficult fix. 

I'm a fan of the narrative of... this guy will lose because he's tired not because of his talent. 
I think the gas tank isn't the most difficult fix. 

Right now, I doubt he goes 6 minutes with Taylor, improved gas tank or not.

Right now, I doubt he goes 6 minutes with Taylor, improved gas tank or not.

Alright. I'm cool with blind fandom.
Skillset wise (aside from the gas tank) I think his takedowns and "understanding of American scrambling" will be an obstacle for Taylor.

He definitely could gas, but I can't envision Taylor running a TD clinic.
To be clear I expect Taylor to win.
But if Zahid was clearly better and won 2-0 in the best of 3 I'd be 0% shocked....

Alright. I'm cool with blind fandom.
Skillset wise (aside from the gas tank) I think his takedowns and "understanding of American scrambling" will be an obstacle for Taylor.

He definitely could gas, but I can't envision Taylor running a TD clinic.
To be clear I expect Taylor to win.
But if Zahid was clearly better and won 2-0 in the best of 3 I'd be 0% shocked....

Speaking of blind fandom:

What makes you think he even touches Taylor’s legs, let alone wins a match, or, most laughably, two?

Speaking of blind fandom:

What makes you think he even touches Taylor’s legs, let alone wins a match, or, most laughably, two?

Well again, not sure how many times I can say it.
I expect Taylor to win the match .

To your other point..... Taylor's legs aren't terribly hard to get to. Finishing is extremely difficult, especially for foreigners who aren't ready for the "little guy" wrestling DT gets into once you're there. Zahid however is a little guy turned big, and wrestles like it.
Dake and Burroughs are better than DT on their feet, Zahid got to their legs.... Guess you're seeing something different than me.. dudes lightening fast.

Again, I expect Taylor to win, but if Zahid turns out to be a terrible match-up for him and comes in with a gas-tank and just wins in 2 . I would not be surprised .

Most of you guys are selling Zahid short. Nobody said he’d beat DT for sure. But to suggest he doesn’t have ant chance is crazy. I agree it’s not a favorable matchup for Zahid, and I agree he parties too much. But in 2024, DT will be three years older and Zahid will be a full-sized 86 kegger. He has a shot. 

I remember thinking of Zahid more fondly than a mirrored coffee table at 3:45 AM on a Saturday night in Vegas. Then the NLWC backup spanked him. Literally spanked him on national TV at the Olympic trials. Zahid isn’t touching Taylor.

41 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I remember thinking of Zahid more fondly than a mirrored coffee table at 3:45 AM on a Saturday night in Vegas. Then the NLWC backup spanked him. Literally spanked him on national TV at the Olympic trials. Zahid isn’t touching Taylor.

Don't fanboy too hard. 
We all know Bo is a unique match-up and can pull off a win like that anytime. 
Give the Zahid some credit for teching multiple senior world medalists over the past 2 years. 
And like DT said, "These aren't easy matches, stop acting like they are" :) 

Edited by spladle08

People really need to pump the brakes on Zahid here.

He’s not beating Taylor or Ghasempour. Or Cox, or Yazdani, for that matter.

Yarygin is coming up in a couple months. Let’s see him medal or win that. Beating up some B-grade guys at Henri Deglane or Pellicone? Great. No one cares.

Here’s Zahid losing to the #3 Russian. Their worst weight class aside from 125kg.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6855802-2021-henri-deglane-grand-prix/videos?q=zahid&playing=6866313

42 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Yarygin is coming up in a couple months. Let’s see him medal or win that. Beating up some B-grade guys at Henri Deglane or Pellicone? Great. No one cares.

Here’s Zahid losing to the #3 Russian. Their worst weight class aside from 125kg.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6855802-2021-henri-deglane-grand-prix/videos?q=zahid&playing=6866313

God I hate to do this, but heres proof that nobody can improve 

45 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Also thanks for sharing this! Proves a lot moving forward 

6 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Don't fanboy too hard. 
We all know Bo is a unique match-up and can pull off a win like that anytime. 
Give the Zahid some credit for teching multiple senior world medalists over the past 2 years. 
And like DT said, "These aren't easy matches, stop acting like they are" :) 

I don’t fanboy for or against Zahid after the OTT calibration. I’m trying to keep it between the lines, and he can’t sniff DT right now. I’ve got a $100 bill he would get rolled up and forgotten about 20 minutes later.

6 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I don’t fanboy for or against Zahid after the OTT calibration. I’m trying to keep it between the lines, and he can’t sniff DT right now. I’ve got a $100 bill he would get rolled up and forgotten about 20 minutes later.

Deal. 
Unlike the Sig Bet, this one I'll collect on . 
Zahid +5 vs DT, anytime it happens in an actual tournament/wrestle-off ?  
Is 5pts enough to cover the "Rolled up"?

Edited by spladle08

Just now, spladle08 said:

Deal. 
Unlike the Sig Bet, this one I'll collect on . 
Zahid +5 vs DT, anytime it happens in an actual tournament/wrestle-off ?  
Is 5pts enough to cover the "Rolled up"?

Oh my god do you not get all my puns? Im not wasting $100 because I'm behind the 8 ball.

Just now, bnwtwg said:

Oh my god do you not get all my puns? Im not wasting $100 because I'm behind the 8 ball.

But yes I’ll blow it. I’ll give you Zahid +4.5, loser donates to the wrestling club of the winner’s choice?

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

So the whole thing was Zahid has done cocaine so he will not touch DT? 
Fair. 
Either way. I'd of been down for the $100 ;) 
Also (NFL Beers, forgive me) 

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

So the whole thing was Zahid has done cocaine so he will not touch DT? 
Fair. 
Either way. I'd of been down for the $100 ;) 
Also (NFL Beers, forgive me) 

No, he won’t touch DT but I also want to blow some jokes. Who knows the next time they meet - could genuinely be 2024 or later given Taylor’s light competition schedule. And don’t drink on work days or school nights.

3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

But yes I’ll blow it. I’ll give you Zahid +4.5, loser donates to the wrestling club of the winner’s choice?

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Oh well now that we have that! Deal! 

Is this for the FIRST time they meet only?