Sign in to follow this  
window12

Indirect rivalry of Snyder and Yazdani

I have been thinking that up until Oslo, Snyder and Yazdani being of similar age had an identical medal record in the World and Olympic medals( 1 gold and 1 Silver in the Olympics and 2 Gold, one Silver and One bronze in the World). But there is now a bit of separation with Kyle getting a silver and Hassan getting a gold in Oslo. Is this separation going to get wider or is Kyle going to turn it around and keep it close in the medal count?

59 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

There is one way to settle this.

The Greatest must bump up to wrestle Captain America.

I would not look at like that if I was the greatest. The odds would be stacked against me wrestling an elite opponent significantly heavier. I would likely to naturally do better in this comparion if I just let things play out in the coming years, with my main rival in DT likely to be getting  past his prime  with passing cycles, but Captain America's rival in Sadulaev not showing any signs being over the hill.

Yazdani probably has some world level gold medals  to still add to his resume  in the coming cycles ( Unless Zahid breaks through to stop that as has been proposed) . Not entirely sure this is true for Capital America though. Would Gable Steveson be persuaded to  cut weight, leave WWE and challenge Sadulaev?

41 minutes ago, window12 said:

I would not look at like that if I was the greatest. The odds would be stacked against me wrestling an elite opponent significantly heavier. I would likely to naturally do better in this comparion if I just let things play out in the coming years, with my main rival in DT likely to be getting  past his prime  with passing cycles, but Captain America's rival in Sadulaev not showing any signs being over the hill.

Yazdani probably has some world level gold medals  to still add to his resume  in the coming cycles ( Unless Zahid breaks through to stop that as has been proposed) . Not entirely sure this is true for Capital America though. Would Gable Steveson be persuaded to  cut weight, leave WWE and challenge Sadulaev?

Zahid isn't beating David Taylor let alone Yazdani.  Folks need to quit partying with him and understand this.

Also losing you're not comparing apples to apples.  He is going up ONE Olympic weight.

Asking Gable to lose 40 pounds for little to no compensation is not just silly, it is stupid.  Asking Yazdani to go up and defeat one of the greatest in his generation isn't silly or stupid.  It is something that would take his already phenomenal resume and reinforcing it to be even greater.

Why are folks just making excuses for him left and right as to why he can't go up?  Let the man prove he is THE GREATEST. \

EDIT: Pretty sure Gable is 260lbs+, so closer to 50lbs.

Edited by nhs67

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Also losing you're not comparing apples to apples.  He is going up ONE Olympic weight.

Asking Gable to lose 40 pounds for little to no compensation is not just silly, it is stupid.  Asking Yazdani to go up and defeat one of the greatest in his generation isn't silly or stupid.  It is something that would take his already phenomenal resume and reinforcing it to be even greater.

Why are folks just making excuses for him left and right as to why he can't go up?  Let the man prove he is THE GREATEST. \

Actually it will be interesting to see what happens if Yazdani wrestles Capt america. A couple of years ago, Karimi who is really an 86Kg guy wrestled at 97 Kg in a tournament and won it by beating some quite big opponents (one was a muscle bound georgian, but can not recall his name). The narrative by the Iranian commentator was that the only way Karimi was beating those opponents was through some ultrafast leg attacks which he actually managed to get done. But Yazdani pulling that off against Snyder- not quite sure but fun to see. At the end of the day when there is is a David and Goliath battle, only occasionally David wins but thats when epics are made....

43 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Yazdani already went up one Olympic weight. So he'd be going from 70kg to 97kg, that's 60 pounds. Meanwhile Snyder would be wrestling at the same weight he started his senior career at.

At this point I can only think you're trolling. 

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Yazdani already went up one Olympic weight. So he'd be going from 70kg to 97kg, that's 60 pounds. Meanwhile Snyder would be wrestling at the same weight he started his senior career at.

At this point I can only think you're trolling. 

I'm not trolling.  He is 86kg now.  If he goes up one Olympic weight  class from where he is at right now he goes up to 97kg.  There is no denying that as fact.  Is that too difficult for you to understand or is it that this idea upsets you too much?  What's the beef there, Mr. Genius Guy? 

They are the same height.  Snyder has we-man arms. 

Why is it so disturbing to want to see this match, as a fan of wrestling?  I guarantee you Yazdani isn't afraid of Captain America.  You should not be, either.

I don't think there is any problem saying you would like to see Yaz vs Snyder at 97 or catchweight probably ideally as a one off. I don't think nhs67 is saying Yaz should move to 97 for good.

Hell I would like to see it. Any kind of special matches like that is cool. I prefer JB vs Yaz if you had to pick for example at the upcoming Feb event. I think if it was a catchweight I reckon Yaz would do quite well against Snyder.

Yaz is taller than Kyle. Kyle is more muscley.

17 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

I don't think there is any problem saying you would like to see Yaz vs Snyder at 97 or catchweight probably ideally as a one off. I don't think nhs67 is saying Yaz should move to 97 for good.

Hell I would like to see it. Any kind of special matches like that is cool. I prefer JB vs Yaz if you had to pick for example at the upcoming Feb event. I think if it was a catchweight I reckon Yaz would do quite well against Snyder.

Yaz is taller than Kyle. Kyle is more muscley.

Hell JB VS Yazdani would be spectacular, too.

And no I don't think he should move up to 97 permanently.  Sadulaev exists.  Nobody is winning at whatever weight Sadulaev enters except Sadulaev.

In what other events will we get the chance to see any if these super matches between generational talents?

Hell for that matter I would like to see DT and Yazdani against Sadulaev at 97 and Sadulaev against Akgul, Geno, Zare, and Steveson at 125.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Hell JB VS Yazdani would be spectacular, too.

And no I don't think he should move up to 97 permanently.  Sadulaev exists.  Nobody is winning at whatever weight Sadulaev enters except Sadulaev.

In what other events will we get the chance to see any if these super matches between generational talents?

Hell for that matter I would like to see DT and Yazdani against Sadulaev at 97 and Sadulaev against Akgul, Geno, Zare, and Steveson at 125.

Agreed with all. Would love to see Sad vs Yaz at the moment. These are the kind of superfights I would imagine all wrestling fans would love