Sign in to follow this  
MonagFam

What move/technique is this?

if i had to equate it to a specific move i would most likely call it a crucifix...

but...

it is just using what you can for an exposure...

my oldest was at western regionals a few years ago and was up 8-0 on a kid... his opponent was not versed in free... dove in on a leg as if he was going to waste about 30 seconds praying for a stalemate like he was wrestling the stall fest... my son just rotated and hooked his outside arm with his leg and turned him easily for an exposure... kid's "coach" lost his damn mind because he did not understand free techniques any better than his wrestler...

i just waited in the chair until he stopped making a fuss and we could shake hands and move on with our lives...

24 minutes ago, LJB said:

if i had to equate it to a specific move i would most likely call it a crucifix...

but...

my oldest was at western regionals a few years ago and was up 8-0 on a kid... his opponent was not versed in free... dove in on a leg as if he was going to waste about 30 seconds praying for a stalemate like he was wrestling the stall fest... my son just rotated and hooked his outside arm with his leg and turned him easily for an exposure... kid's "coach" lost his damn mind because he did not understand free techniques any better than his wrestler...

i just waited in the chair until he stopped making a fuss and we could shake hands and move on with our lives...

You joined the unwashed masses at a freestyle tournament?

26 minutes ago, LJB said:

but...

It definitely felt like something I would have seen in a different sort of grappling (or perhaps the fake pro wrestling variety). Maybe most will be more active from the bottom to prevent contemplating that move.

Thanks!

but...

It may not have a name, and I've certainly never seen it before, but it looked intentional, the way he spun around and figure foured the arm. I would guess it's something he's worked on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

It may not have a name, and I've certainly never seen it before, but it looked intentional, the way he spun around and figure foured the arm. I would guess it's something he's worked on.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

there is no doubt it was intentional...

the end result is similar to when someone gets put into a crucifix which i have seen quite a few times in wrestling, but, primarily in grappling...