Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

DA BEARS!

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

It doesn’t take a whole lot. The scummier ADs will throw around giant endowment figures to scare people off. “We need $25M” -
uh, that’s half your existing athletic budget, bozo.

It takes a decent amount plus a welcoming administration.

"We need $25 mil so that when we drop the program we can confiscate your money to put into programs we want."

Sincerely,  Scummy AD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

It doesn’t take a whole lot. The scummier ADs will throw around giant endowment figures to scare people off. “We need $25M” -
uh, that’s half your existing athletic budget, bozo.

It takes a decent amount plus a welcoming administration.

Focusing on smaller schools would be great. Like maybe not Texas or Texas Tech, but a smaller university like UTSA or UTEP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Focusing on smaller schools would be great. Like maybe not Texas or Texas Tech, but a smaller university like UTSA or UTEP. 

The problem there is the lack of comparative talent in those areas.  Also more difficult travel from San Antonio.  UNT or UT Arlington in the Dallas area or division 2 at West Texas A&M near Amarillo come to mind as better options.  

Edited by boconnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JasonBryant said:

It doesn’t take a whole lot. The scummier ADs will throw around giant endowment figures to scare people off. “We need $25M” -
uh, that’s half your existing athletic budget, bozo.

It takes a decent amount plus a welcoming administration.

What was the number Oregon asked for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, smsu150 said:

What was the number Oregon asked for? 

 

46 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Wasn't it north of nine figures?

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/15005

75m in order to get a 3m kickback to cover 2 sports - wrestling and another to stay compliant - this was  6 years ago. 

Edited by Idaho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

If it just takes 2.5 million, that is a good number to throw around to other schools. Especially schools with huge budgets already. 

Hey Idaho, Would 2.5 million bring a program back to Idaho State? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexRef said:

Hey Idaho, Would 2.5 million bring a program back to Idaho State? 

Absolutely.... with BSU having dropped their program, ISU would be smart to jump into that action IMO.   Hire Bruce Burnette (who wrestled at ISU) to oversee the operations and be on the hiring committee. He may be enjoying retirement too much though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJDan said:

The release says, "Fifteen of our 46 presidents wrestled." Is that true? Can anyone name five?

Well, given that we've only had 45 Presidents, unless they count both 22nd President Grover Cleveland and 24th President Grover Cleveland separately... (no, that was NOT a joke)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, Idaho said:

Absolutely.... with BSU having dropped their program, ISU would be smart to jump into that action IMO.   Hire Bruce Burnette (who wrestled at ISU) to oversee the operations and be on the hiring committee. He may be enjoying retirement too much though. 

Speaking of Boise State, how's that Baseball program doing? SARCASM

NOW can we get BSU to bring wrestling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...