1 hour ago, NJDan said:

I am saying I did a Google NEWS search and a regular google search and that's what happened-- on the day of the match. If you do the search today, several days later, you get a different result. But this did not start with an attack on the USAW site. So your faulting me for being critical is wrong. I posted a question about what happened, that question occasioned by the absence of coverage of the event. I believe that the USAW article was published after my first post here. In any event, it did not come up in response to a google search that included the wrestler's names.  So all the posts citing this one article  (or citing a Flo video posted even later or a tweet for Pete's sake) do not prove I missed something or do not now how to use Google. In retrospect the lack of coverage of a veteran's tournament is not surprising. But the posts saying that there was a lot of coverage are still comical.

At the end of the day, we have an event that had attracted no news coverage (outside of USAW, which is not a news site). I asked about the event. I was denounced for missing the story, which might not have even posted at the time, for not seeing a tweet and for not knowing how to use google and for complaining about the USAW site. Now, you point to a google result-- from four days later. This is absurd.

There was less hype about veteran worlds than senior worlds before the event in the channels and methods that I choose to follow.  I also had trouble finding information before the event.  I cared about veteran worlds only because Reece was pumping it on Twitter. 

Edited by jross

Fact remains, by going to the HOME PAGE of the site you are reading right now, you could have found that information you seek, on the date you sought it immediately. 

That's a fail in your browsing habits. I can't explain it any simpler. That's the end of my input in this thread. Have a good week. Maybe sign up for a free daily wrestling newsletter that will give you all this stuff in your e-mail first thing in the morning and save you the hassle of perceived SEO fails by the site of which forum you actively participate. 

My participation in this thread is now over. California schools have been wrestling for a month on the college mats, I can't wait for the rest of the season to get here. 

I am saying I did a Google NEWS search and a regular google search and that's what happened-- on the day of the match. If you do the search today, several days later, you get a different result. But this did not start with an attack on the USAW site. So your faulting me for being critical is wrong. I posted a question about what happened, that question occasioned by the absence of coverage of the event. I believe that the USAW article was published after my first post here. In any event, it did not come up in response to a google search that included the wrestler's names.  So all the posts citing this one article  (or citing a Flo video posted even later or a tweet for Pete's sake) do not prove I missed something or do not now how to use Google. In retrospect the lack of coverage of a veteran's tournament is not surprising. But the posts saying that there was a lot of coverage are still comical.
At the end of the day, we have an event that had attracted no news coverage (outside of USAW, which is not a news site). I asked about the event. I was denounced for missing the story, which might not have even posted at the time, for not seeing a tweet and for not knowing how to use google and for complaining about the USAW site. Now, you point to a google result-- from four days later. This is absurd.

Dude, just admit that your querying skills are subpar and move on. Good lord.

1 hour ago, JasonBryant said:

Fact remains, by going to the HOME PAGE of the site you are reading right now, you could have found that information you seek, on the date you sought it immediately.  

Thanks!  Today I learned that typing the "themat.com" URL redirects to https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestling.  For a couple years now, I have been clicking on the "TheMat.com" logo in the top left-hand corner of this wrestling forum page and it always redirected me back to http://board.themat.com/.  The admin for this forum should adhere to homepage link best practices by updating the logo link to redirect to either "themat.com" or  https://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestling.  

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

I did a google search of you google searching Reece Humphrey and the first thing that popped up was him winning veterans worlds. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 6.34.29 PM.png

What you don't seem to understand is the concept of time and its relationship to search. A search today will have different results from one three days ago.