Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
klehner

No coverage for Cliff Keen, Bearcat Open?

Recommended Posts

Flo said that if these events aren't on their schedule (they aren't), then Flo isn't covering them.  Anyone know if they will be covered by anyone?  Funny that the CKLV
website has FloWrestling prominently displayed on the home page (but the "WATCH..." link goes to Flo's 2019 coverage).  I reached out to Mark Churella via the website
to get some clarification (no response yet)

Of course, someone at Binghamton told me "A contract with flo to stream The Bearcat Open is in the works, so expect it to be there. Things aren't 100% official yet so when they do become official, the listing will be able to be found on Flo."  Two weeks out, and no indication of coverage.

Also, ESPN+ is supposed to be covering all Ivy League home wrestling matches, but the Stanford dual on 11/20 is not on their schedule.  Good luck finding someone at ESPN to respond to questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, klehner said:

Flo said that if these events aren't on their schedule (they aren't), then Flo isn't covering them.  Anyone know if they will be covered by anyone?  Funny that the CKLV
website has FloWrestling prominently displayed on the home page (but the "WATCH..." link goes to Flo's 2019 coverage).  I reached out to Mark Churella via the website
to get some clarification (no response yet)

Of course, someone at Binghamton told me "A contract with flo to stream The Bearcat Open is in the works, so expect it to be there. Things aren't 100% official yet so when they do become official, the listing will be able to be found on Flo."  Two weeks out, and no indication of coverage.

Also, ESPN+ is supposed to be covering all Ivy League home wrestling matches, but the Stanford dual on 11/20 is not on their schedule.  Good luck finding someone at ESPN to respond to questions.

Yeah...kinda weird...Reno TOC is on there but  not CKLV. I wouldn't be surprised to see it added though. I have seen that happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klehner said:

Yet I've been able to watch it for years.

I wrestled in it in 2002 at 197.  Previous weekend was brutal... both our 197 guys got knee injuries.  I was weighing 211 and drew Kevin Hoy of Air Force at the OU Open.   Back then no desent plan,  so I cut down to 197 and coach took me.  I drew a tough Wisconsin guy first round that was ranked 18th or something at the time,  and then lost to an Iowa Central guy in the consos.   Got to watch a lot of dam good wrestling.  Would love to get back there to work the event as a play by play guy if ever given the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Hard to outbid ESPN for coverage is my guess and only a guess...

I agree. I didn't think ESPN would waste their time with regular season college wrestling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TexRef said:

I agree. I didn't think ESPN would waste their time with regular season college wrestling. 

They get in with some duals and such.  I know Kyven Gadson does play by play for duals at Iowa State .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TexRef said:

I agree. I didn't think ESPN would waste their time with regular season college wrestling. 

Pretty sure Big 12 has deal with ESPN, all the OSU home duals listed for at least the +.  Flo had their duals a few years ago till ESPN came in with complete coverage.  Guessing that may not apply for affiliates like Mizzu since they are SEC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ionel said:

Pretty sure Big 12 has deal with ESPN, all the OSU home duals listed for at least the +.  Flo had their duals a few years ago till ESPN came in with complete coverage.  Guessing that may not apply for affiliates like Mizzu since they are SEC.  

All Ivy League home matches in all sports are streamed by ESPN+ (or another part of the ESPN world).  That includes wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klehner said:

All Ivy League home matches in all sports are streamed by ESPN+ (or another part of the ESPN world).  That includes wrestling.

Love the ESPN+   Able to watch a lot of college football from FCS and FBS schools too.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, ionel said:

Pretty sure Big 12 has deal with ESPN, all the OSU home duals listed for at least the +.  Flo had their duals a few years ago till ESPN came in with complete coverage.  Guessing that may not apply for affiliates like Mizzu since they are SEC.  

I did not now about Big 12 but I did watch ACC duals in ESPN+ last year. Is the Big 12 coverage new this year? I have never noticed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...