Lets say for the sake of argument,  David Taylor decides to compete at 92 Kg next year, will J'den Cox prove to be an impenetrable barrier?

And If he gets over that hurdle, based on what we saw at Oslo-will he have a difficult or easy matches with the likes of Kurbanov and Ghasempour?

30 minutes ago, window12 said:

Lets say for the sake of argument,  David Taylor decides to compete at 92 Kg next year, will J'den Cox prove to be an impenetrable barrier?

And If he gets over that hurdle, based on what we saw at Oslo-will he have a difficult or easy matches with the likes of Kurbanov and Ghasempour?

This won't happen.

He's the reigning 86kg olympic champ. Why move up to a non Olympic weight with a tough stylistic match up domestically and a guy that could usurp him potentially in Kamran.

At 86kg he owns the weight domestically and currently is pretty much guaranteed a final position with him and Yaz. And the one loss to Yaz won't push him out. It will motivate him to try and beat him. Momentum is with Yaz of course.

So yeah. Not happening haha. I imagine his main goal now is to be double olympic champ

Why would he move to 92kg? 

Tougher path to being the national rep (Cox v ... no one really at 86kg), he's 3-1 against the only guy that can beat him at 86kg (an Olympic weight) and there's no guarantee he'd have a better shot at beating Ghasempour than Yazdani (to the contrary, Ghasempour is clearly elite and could be a worse stylistic match up for him). 

Just doesn't make sense and hard to see it ever happening. 

I know that there was some other posts on another thread about DT never beating Yaz again, but looking at their last match in Oslo, it was tight and DT was in on a leg and had it up in the air when it looked like he slipped, causing that takedown and the match to go Yaz’s was. Anyway my point is that, I think that DT still has an excellent chance of beating Yaz in the future and I don’t see any reason why DT would go up to 92. 
Also DT is getting a little older, has a family, runs a business, and I really don’t think that he will be competing past 2024. 

I don't know why everybody assumes Ghasempour will stay at 92kg! his normal bodyweight is something around 88kg. yes he did great and beat guys 5-6kg (or probably more) heavier than himself but I don't think that's what he wants. I won't be surprised if he tries 86kg next year. he is not afraid of Yazdani and he proved that before.

and 92kg won't be easy for him domestically. remember he lost a match to Ebrahimi during the trials. (but beat him twice to make the team) and we also have Karimi who can beat and dominate anybody in the world (except Cox of course)

Kamran had to try 92kg this year because when he lost to Yazdani at the Olympic trials that also cost him a spot in the Worlds in his weight. we still don't know about his next year's plan.

If I have to predict right now, I would say between Karimi, Yazdani and Ghasempour two of them will go the worlds at 86 and 92 and the other one will wrestle at the Asian Games at 86kg. (Ebrahimi probably disagrees with my prediction)

6 hours ago, de4856 said:

I know that there was some other posts on another thread about DT never beating Yaz again, but looking at their last match in Oslo, it was tight and DT was in on a leg and had it up in the air when it looked like he slipped, causing that takedown and the match to go Yaz’s was. Anyway my point is that, I think that DT still has an excellent chance of beating Yaz in the future and I don’t see any reason why DT would go up to 92. 
Also DT is getting a little older, has a family, runs a business, and I really don’t think that he will be competing past 2024. 

I can not disagree with any of your points there. I guess DT chances of more medals are highest at 86 Kg and he will have  one main opponent to worry about but presumably Naifonov or Kuregliev may well enter the equation for him too.

17 hours ago, window12 said:

For the sake of what argument?

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

For the sake of what argument?

if there are any advantages for him  such as increased chances of securing more world gold medals etc or when all thing considered he is better off staying put at 86kg...

If he wants a challenge, he could go down to 74 and beat all those guys and then move up to 97 and beat all those guys.  Or he can wait for someone to do that to him, which was Yaz.  Now he has someone that has called him out and and has a real challenge.  I think he stays put.  But he could say the heck with it and concentrate on his family and business. 

mspart