Sign in to follow this  
LHU125

Wrestle Off Results

5 hours ago, MIZ-DPT said:

Mizzou had some interesting results but only a few "true" wrestle offs

125: Noah Surtin over Connor Brown 9-7

133: Trey Crawford over Korbin Shepard 4-2; Matt Schmitt didn't wrestle tonight but didn't have any obvious issues, I still think he'll end up starting

149: Josh Edmond over Logan Gioffre 12-4; this could end up being relevant if Mauller redshirts like some have predicted

174: Peyton Mocco over Sean Harman 5-3

Gioffre wrestled a match at 133 earlier in the night.  Not sure how relevant it is?

17 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Gioffre wrestled a match at 133 earlier in the night.  Not sure how relevant it is?

I think that must have been a typo on twitter as Gioffre and Essien (Who he wrestled earlier that night) have both been 149lbs in the past, and on track certified at 165 and 157 respectively. The match right before them was at 133 so I think it just got out of order. 

3 hours ago, MIZ-DPT said:

I think that must have been a typo on twitter as Gioffre and Essien (Who he wrestled earlier that night) have both been 149lbs in the past, and on track certified at 165 and 157 respectively. The match right before them was at 133 so I think it just got out of order. 

Ah thank you for the clarification.

I am not with @spladle08.  I believe Edmond will do well at either 141 or 149.  He could have won the MAC at either weight.  The B12 is much deeper at those two weights.

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Ah thank you for the clarification.

I am not with @spladle08.  I believe Edmond will do well at either 141 or 149.  He could have won the MAC at either weight.  The B12 is much deeper at those two weights.

I feel so unloved. 
Kid is very tough, but give him until the 23/24 season to be an AA threat. 

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

Eh, on second though he could probably be a lower AA next year. 
He'll be 6th-8th quality by then.... 22/23

I think he has a chance to win the conference this year honestly. Mitch Moore is the biggest threat and while a very capable wrestler I think is outside the AA quality right now. Although if Ian Parker does move up to 149 I think I would favor him. For me it really depends on how Edmonds handles being on bottom against quality guys because his neutral game is very impressive. 

4 minutes ago, MIZ-DPT said:

I think he has a chance to win the conference this year honestly. Mitch Moore is the biggest threat and while a very capable wrestler I think is outside the AA quality right now. Although if Ian Parker does move up to 149 I think I would favor him. For me it really depends on how Edmonds handles being on bottom against quality guys because his neutral game is very impressive. 

Dude I have been completely absent on this thread, so catch me up. Are we expecting Edmond at 49 or 41. 
What is the most likely Missouri line-up 141-157?
Sorry I should've read more.  

Just now, spladle08 said:

Dude I have been completely absent on this thread, so catch me up. Are we expecting Edmond at 49 or 41. 

No worries!

I think that right now it looks like: 

141: Allan Hart

149: Josh Edmonds (Askren has talked repeatedly about Mauller possibly redshirting and he only wrestled a freestyle match at the scrimmage but it could just be because he is going to U23's)

157: Jarrett Jacques (I know he has a redshirt year as well but haven't seen/heard anything about him taking it this year)

Just now, MIZ-DPT said:

No worries!

149: Josh Edmonds (Askren has talked repeatedly about Mauller possibly redshirting and he only wrestled a freestyle match at the scrimmage but it could just be because he is going to U23's)

157: Jarrett Jacques (I know he has a redshirt year as well but haven't seen/heard anything about him taking it this year)

Yeah I never listen to FRL and I would assume the FS  is a result of u23s. 
But if that's the lineup cool. Yeah wtih Sasso, Johnny D, and then the massive amount of guys in that "Parker, Andonian, Thomas, Wilson, Moore, Lovett" second tier, I see finishing on the podium being a big ask, but 22/23 could def see him in that 6th-8th range. 
Who knows. 

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah I never listen to FRL and I would assume the FS  is a result of u23s. 
But if that's the lineup cool. Yeah wtih Sasso, Johnny D, and then the massive amount of guys in that "Parker, Andonian, Thomas, Wilson, Moore, Lovett" second tier, I see finishing on the podium being a big ask, but 22/23 could def see him in that 6th-8th range. 
Who knows. 

I unfortunately do just to try and keep up with things. I know Coach Smith would love to try and win the tournament in KC in 2024 hence the possibility of redshirts and I think Edmond has some serious talent to fill in for a year, then go back to 141 if Hart graduates or redshirt for a year. All speculation though, I'm excited for Mizzou's depth the next few years regardless. 

Edited by MIZ-DPT

Just now, MIZ-DPT said:

I unfortunately do just to try and keep up with things. I know Coach Smith would love to try and win the tournament in KC in 2023 hence the possibility of redshirts and I think Edmond has some serious talent to fill in for a year, then go back to 141 if Hart graduates or redshirt for a year. All speculation though, I'm excited for Mizzou's depth the next few years regardless. 

2 years down the road they will be outrageous! You're not wrong!

3 hours ago, MIZ-DPT said:

No worries!

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Askren said Jacques and Mauller were redshirtting.

Also Parker is at 149.  Even if he wasn't, I wouldn't consider Edmond in the same wheelhouse as Degen either.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/starters/weight/149/big-12

The only kid I don't see being able to beat him is that true frosh at the bottom, and I say that out of pure ignorance of the kid.  All the others could beat him. 

His athleticism would have afforded him a power advantage against a lot of 141lbers who are/were better than him.  At 149 he will be going up against some brutes.

5 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

He’s scheduled for a wrestle off.  So hopefully all systems go for him. 

I'm a big fan (Clearly Freestyle motivated) but I hope he's  a finalist every year. 
65 or 74? I would look it up... meh I will. 
Ohio State has a real solid middle of their line-up.