Sign in to follow this  
LHU125

Wrestle Off Results

21 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

Any truth to the rumor that Nick Suriano was actually present for the Ohio State wrestle-offs? Twitter says so many things. Sometimes it is tough to wade through the sarcasm and lies.

Heard on the board he was busing around town.  ;)

6 minutes ago, snapspinscore said:

I think tOSU is weaker as a team with Decatur at that weight. I would not be surprised to still see D'Emilio at that weight down the road when it matters most. 

I know wrestleoffs don't always predict who will do better at NCAA's, but a lot of times they do...

I know D'Emilio was only a RS FR last year but it's not like he had amazing results.  I honestly didn't realize he was R16 at NCAA's, but even there he only beat 2 guys from the watered down EIWA and Courtney from UVA.

3 hours ago, RealAmericanHero said:

Any truth to the rumor that Nick Suriano was actually present for the Ohio State wrestle-offs? Twitter says so many things. Sometimes it is tough to wade through the sarcasm and lies.

They have a huge hole at 133.  Tom should give Suriano whatever he wants.

21 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I don't know.  With this year's tOSU certification tests, he can probably get certified at 106.  Maybe Flo could set up a card with him vs. Anthony Knox?

I'm thinking J Burr (Minico High School) vs A Hamilton could be an interesting Flo duel card.  ;)

On 10/28/2021 at 6:46 AM, nhs67 said:

Ah thank you for the clarification.

I am not with @spladle08.  I believe Edmond will do well at either 141 or 149.  He could have won the MAC at either weight.  The B12 is much deeper at those two weights.

But that speaks more to how the MAC is really weak at those weights.  Edmond can't beat either of the guys in front of him at 141 on his own team, right?

16 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

https://scarletknights.com/news/2021/10/30/wrestling-2021-22-wrestle-off-results.aspx

Biggest surprise looks to be freshman Anthony White beating both VanBrill and Angelo at 149

True frosh that is expected to redshirt.  Unless MVB has a start like Aguilar did last year I would expect him to start.  While on different levels, think of it like how Pantaleo-Lewan wemt.

Only one from yesterday I am still looking for is Michigan State.  Not finding anything on the Farcebook, Twattersphere, or Instergram from the team, grapplers, or coaches.  Nobody returning texts today either.  Understandable with it being game day as well.

Oregon State's wrestle-off results from yesterday

125- Brandon Kaylor (Team Orange) decision over Cam Enriquez (Team Black), 10-4

133- Devan Turner (Team Black) decision over Jason Shaner (Team Orange), 4-3

141- Grant Willits (Team Black) technical fall over Kaden Kuenzi (Team Orange), 16-1

149- Cory Crooks (Team Black) decision over Lane Stigall (Team Orange), 3-2

157- Hunter Willits (Team Orange) decision over Isaiah Crosby (Team Black), 9-3

165- Matthew Olguin (Team Black) major decision over Ryan Fiorentino (Team Orange), 19-5

174- Mateo Olmos (Team Orange) decision over Mason Reiniche (Team Black), 3-2

184- Jackson McKinney (Team Black) decision over Kodiak Stephens (Team Orange), 3-1 [OT]

197- J.J. Dixon (Team Black) major decision over Mike Toranzo (Team Orange), 16-5

HWT- Gary Traub (Team Black) pin over Charley Hastriter (Team Orange), 4:17

Missing from these results were Arizona State transfer Trey Munoz at 174 lbs,  and Tanner Harvey, Ryan Reyes and Brad Kata (all at 184 lbs)