Sign in to follow this  
LHU125

Wrestle Off Results

10 hours ago, Bronco said:

Oregon State's wrestle-off results from yesterday

125- Brandon Kaylor (Team Orange) decision over Cam Enriquez (Team Black), 10-4

133- Devan Turner (Team Black) decision over Jason Shaner (Team Orange), 4-3

141- Grant Willits (Team Black) technical fall over Kaden Kuenzi (Team Orange), 16-1

149- Cory Crooks (Team Black) decision over Lane Stigall (Team Orange), 3-2

157- Hunter Willits (Team Orange) decision over Isaiah Crosby (Team Black), 9-3

165- Matthew Olguin (Team Black) major decision over Ryan Fiorentino (Team Orange), 19-5

174- Mateo Olmos (Team Orange) decision over Mason Reiniche (Team Black), 3-2

184- Jackson McKinney (Team Black) decision over Kodiak Stephens (Team Orange), 3-1 [OT]

197- J.J. Dixon (Team Black) major decision over Mike Toranzo (Team Orange), 16-5

HWT- Gary Traub (Team Black) pin over Charley Hastriter (Team Orange), 4:17

Missing from these results were Arizona State transfer Trey Munoz at 174 lbs,  and Tanner Harvey, Ryan Reyes and Brad Kata (all at 184 lbs)

Many very close results.  Any of these matches considered upsets?

24 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I'm under the impression that Suriano is only returning to wrestle 125 to go after Spencer. If he chooses ohio state, I'd expect him there and heinselman to redshirt.

I would think Echimendia would try to make 133 after losing to Decatur and also have D'Emilio ahead of him there.  I don't think D'Emilio can suck down to 133 very comfortably.  

1 hour ago, RED said:

No - Olmos up a weight form last year is different. He will most likely start the season as the starter. Munoz will be in the lineup eventually, but the weight class is the question.  Reyes is redshirting this year.  Shaner has been pushing Turner for two years - Shaner had some good wins last year in extra matches. Crooks the ASU transfer over Stigal the starter last year 3-2.  Good to know that OSU has some capable backups pushing the starters. 

13 hours ago, RED said:

No upsets as I see it.  The closest things to it I suppose would be Shaner losing by only 1 point to Turner.  And Jackson McKinney being taken to overtime by true freshman Kodiak Stephens at 184 lbs.  And true freshman Mason Reiniche losing by only 1 point to Olmos at 174 lbs.

I watched the matches in this Orange and Black dual on Saturday (on the Oregon State Facebook account) and came away impressed with Enriquez (True FR) at 125 lbs and Shaner at 133 lbs.

The most surprising thing - to me - was the fact that they had so many true freshmen involved in this Orange and Black dual.  Specifically the following:

Kaden Kuenzi - 141 lbs

Ryan Fiorentino - 165 lbs

Mason Reiniche - 174 lbs

Kodiak Stephens - 184 lbs

Charley Hastriter - 285 lbs

In other words there were only ten matches total and HALF of those ten matches had a true freshman involved.

24 minutes ago, Bronco said:

No upsets as I see it.  The closest things to it I suppose would be Shaner losing by only 1 point to Turner.  And Jackson McKinney being taken to overtime by true freshman Kodiak Stephens at 184 lbs.  And true freshman Mason Reiniche losing by only 1 point to Olmos at 174 lbs.

I watched the matches in this Orange and Black dual on Saturday (on the Oregon State Facebook account) and came away impressed with Enriquez (True FR) at 125 lbs and Shaner at 133 lbs.

The most surprising thing - to me - was the fact that they had so many true freshmen involved in this Orange and Black dual.  Specifically the following:

Kaden Kuenzi - 141 lbs

Mason Reiniche - 174 lbs

In other words there were only ten matches total and HALF of those ten matches had a true freshman involved.

The coaching staff is new and is using wrestlers they prefer/recruited.  That isn't surprising at all.

3 hours ago, Bronco said:

Kaden Kuenzi - 141 lbs

Mason Reiniche - 174 lbs

Mason Reiniche has been out of high school for a long time.  He was a greyshirt at Finger Lakes for a year, and a redshirt at Oregon last year.

3 minutes ago, klehner said:

Mason Reiniche has been out of high school for a long time.  He was a greyshirt at Finger Lakes for a year, and a redshirt at Oregon last year.

Same with Kuenzi, he was on the roster last year.

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

looking forward to the Cornell wrestle-offs, better known as "the Binghamton Open"

The fact that the entire squad, save Vito and Yianni, will be there says something about their lineup.  Not sure what that is, though.

Sorry friends, been off the board for a bit but I've been keeping track of all the wrestle-off results here:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7187571-ncaa-d1-wrestle-off-box-scores

A few schools have had wrestle-offs but haven't posted results so I'm missing those from Cleveland State, Navy, Princeton, Minnesota, Michigan State, Chattanooga and Kent State.

4 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Sorry friends, been off the board for a bit but I've been keeping track of all the wrestle-off results here:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7187571-ncaa-d1-wrestle-off-box-scores

A few schools have had wrestle-offs but haven't posted results so I'm missing those from Cleveland State, Navy, Princeton, Minnesota, Michigan State, Chattanooga and Kent State.

Thanks for consolidating all the wrestle-off results.  Interesting that some of these schools haven't posted their results on the official school athletics pages.

25 minutes ago, aknipp said:

FYI Nebraska will have its wrestle offs Saturday 9 am. Only 2 weights are up for grabs 133 and 165. 

I thought the Huskers' starter at 133 is Thomsen?  Is he wrestling off Dryden?

Who's wrestling off at 165?  Wilson and Davenport?

59 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I would love to see Nebraska's Davenport and Michigan's Amine continue their rivalry with Penn State's Facundo at the NCAA D1 level.

If Rojas becomes Iowa State's 165lber... man... Hahaha

On 10/31/2021 at 4:51 AM, Bronco said:

Oregon State's wrestle-off results from yesterday

125- Brandon Kaylor (Team Orange) decision over Cam Enriquez (Team Black), 10-4

133- Devan Turner (Team Black) decision over Jason Shaner (Team Orange), 4-3

141- Grant Willits (Team Black) technical fall over Kaden Kuenzi (Team Orange), 16-1

149- Cory Crooks (Team Black) decision over Lane Stigall (Team Orange), 3-2

157- Hunter Willits (Team Orange) decision over Isaiah Crosby (Team Black), 9-3

165- Matthew Olguin (Team Black) major decision over Ryan Fiorentino (Team Orange), 19-5

174- Mateo Olmos (Team Orange) decision over Mason Reiniche (Team Black), 3-2

184- Jackson McKinney (Team Black) decision over Kodiak Stephens (Team Orange), 3-1 [OT]

197- J.J. Dixon (Team Black) major decision over Mike Toranzo (Team Orange), 16-5

HWT- Gary Traub (Team Black) pin over Charley Hastriter (Team Orange), 4:17

Missing from these results were Arizona State transfer Trey Munoz at 174 lbs,  and Tanner Harvey, Ryan Reyes and Brad Kata (all at 184 lbs)

Like ASU unfortunately, this looks like an exhibition night and not wrestle offs. I hate how ASU has done that for as long as I can remember. 

As for Munoz. I’m guessing ASU did not release him?  Do you still need that release to go in conference? 

19 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

As for Munoz. I’m guessing ASU did not release him?  Do you still need that release to go in conference? 

Why would you think that?  I've seen no reason to suggest such, all indication is new Oregon St coach & ASU coach are on good terms.

3 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Thomsen, Smojerling and Sorrano at 133 are my guess.

Wilson likely starts at 165 but FR Cononditti may get a shot. Davenport is too small I expect for 165 

15 hours ago, nhs67 said:

The coaching staff is new and is using wrestlers they prefer/recruited.  That isn't surprising at all.

Um....not really....Shaner and Kuenzi from old staff...Hastriter was already being recruited by Zalesky.  They had preliminary matches the day before to get to these matches. 

Edited by Idaho

15 hours ago, Bronco said:

Kaden Kuenzi - 141 lbs

Mason Reiniche - 174 lbs

Shaner was close to Turner all last season as well....Enriquez is not a true freshman...he was at Clackamas for 2 years and was NJCAA runner up last season...Kuenzi and Reiniche are not true freshman...the roster only says freshman.