Alwayswrestling

Knox beats Basset at Super 32

Are they both 14/15?  

At this age, a year's difference in age can make a huge difference in physical development.  Hell... i didn't "blossom" physically until what seemed my senior year or so, while many of my teammates had 5 o'clock shadows.  

Eyeball test, Bo also looked a bit undersized for 106.  He competed at 99lbs at Cadet Worlds just a few months ago.  

Regardless, this will be an interesting rivalry, assuming they stay around the same weight as they develop.    

3 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I don't think he stayed out there that long!

I don’t think he’s staying in Greensboro for long either. Point being, if he was able to make 106 in Aug, it’s not that surprising that he could make it for a weekend in Oct, especially to get a chance at Bassett who wasn’t at Fargo. Bassett is the smaller wrestler, so I think 106 was the best way for them to meet right now. Knox got the early lead and was savvy enough defensively to handle Bassett’s motor. Kudos to them both.

Edited by manatree

1 hour ago, manatree said:

I don’t think he’s staying in Greensboro for long either. Point being, if he was able to make 106 in Aug, it’s not that surprising that he could make it for a weekend in Oct, especially to get a chance at Bassett who wasn’t at Fargo. Bassett is the smaller wrestler, so I think 106 was the best way for them to meet right now. Knox got the early lead and was savvy enough defensively to handle Bassett’s motor. Kudos to them both.

No, my point was that the event known as Fargo was in July.

12 hours ago, manatree said:

Knox wrestled 106 at Fargo in August.

Knox came down to wrestle Bassett.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Knox was just better and handled Bassett. It wasn't that close.

Edited by Mphillips

On 10/25/2021 at 9:47 AM, uncle bernard said:

Are these two the same age? I know Bassett was held back, but was Knox? Or would these guys both be true high school freshman? Not denigrating Bo to be clear. He's a hammer regardless of age.

Knox is a redshirt freshman 

2 hours ago, DocBZ said:

I believe the weigh is were the night before so keep that in mind. Definitely helps the guy with the bigger cut.

I still think the best idea to prevent massive cuts is having the weigh-in directly before each match, in front of everyone.  No time to recover.  

On 10/26/2021 at 9:29 AM, Mphillips said:

Knox came down to wrestle Bassett.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Knox was just better and handled Bassett. It wasn't that close.

To my eyes, it was more a matter of being bigger than better.  But a win is a win.

8 hours ago, BAC said:

To my eyes, it was more a matter of being bigger than better.  But a win is a win.

Were you watching the same match?  Knox turned him.  He was in control almost the entire time.  He gave up a last second TD that he could have defended.  The 11-6 score is misleading because it should have been 11-4.