Journeymen

Journeymen Collegiate Wrestling Duals: Dec 20 & 21. 2021

21 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

And does anyone know where you fly to get to Niceville, FL?

You can fly into Fort Walton Beach or Panama City Beach. The Fort Walton Beach airport is closer to the arena. The Henderson Resort is a nice place to stay in Destin, but there are plenty of good options that time of the year. The 30a area is further from the arena between Destin and Panama City Beach but has some really great beachfront communities like Grayton, Seaside, Watercolor, Watersound, Alys and Rosemary where Airbnb’s should be readily available.

On 10/28/2021 at 10:45 AM, hammerlockthree said:

Whats the format?

I clicked on the link but it just showed where to buy tickets. 

A while back it was mentioned that it will be pools of 3 and then bracketed (or another pool)  of the remaining 4 (so like a semis and a finals for bracket,  or 3 more matches if pooled again).   

6 hours ago, Swayz said:

A while back it was mentioned that it will be pools of 3 and then bracketed (or another pool)  of the remaining 4 (so like a semis and a finals for bracket,  or 3 more matches if pooled again).   

I think a lot of us are expecting the format to be something dumb that guarantees that Iowa and Penn State will not meet, even in the semis/finals.

That's both because of the weird ambiguity surrounding the event (like, what is this post? Size 64 font listing the teams and a "tournament format" website that says nothing about the format), and the fact that I don't imagine Cael and Tom would WANT an extra dual against the other before the ones that count. PSU-Iowa dual, Big 10s and NCAAs are obviously bigger priorities. Both Cael and Tom think they have the best team, so they would look at an extra dual as a chance for the other team to learn and catch up. Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong and they DO want another dual, but assuming they don't then would those two sign up for an event where it's close to a certainty they would meet in the finals? I doubt that, which makes me think an arrangement is in place for none of the conference partners to meet.

3 hours ago, SignificantACCBias said:

I think a lot of us are expecting the format to be something dumb that guarantees that Iowa and Penn State will not meet, even in the semis/finals.

That's both because of the weird ambiguity surrounding the event (like, what is this post? Size 64 font listing the teams and a "tournament format" website that says nothing about the format), and the fact that I don't imagine Cael and Tom would WANT an extra dual against the other before the ones that count. PSU-Iowa dual, Big 10s and NCAAs are obviously bigger priorities. Both Cael and Tom think they have the best team, so they would look at an extra dual as a chance for the other team to learn and catch up. Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong and they DO want another dual, but assuming they don't then would those two sign up for an event where it's close to a certainty they would meet in the finals? I doubt that, which makes me think an arrangement is in place for none of the conference partners to meet.

92324670-two-ducklings-who-are-represent

20 hours ago, SignificantACCBias said:

Don't assume Penn St makes it past Mizzou on the way to finals.

FYI - Niceville/Ft Walton Beach is pretty much in the middle of the panhandle.  you COULD fly to New Orleans and have a pleasant 4 hour drive - or fly to Talllahassee and be 2 hours away.  The cost savings may or may not make up for the inconvenience of the extra drive.  The Panama City and Ft Walton airports are smaller - and likely more expensive.