spladle08

U23 Worlds (Freestyle)

Semifinals

53kg Heaton is eliminated after Guzman(ECU) beats Vynnyk(UKR) 9-7 in the semifinals.

57kg Martinez is eliminated when Kolawole(NGR) gets pinned in the semifinals.

62kg Bruntil is eliminated when Campagna loses 3-2 in the semifinals.

65kg Ortega is eliminated when Nisha(IND) loses 8-4 in the semifinals.

72kg Marano is pinned by Alpyeyeva(UKR)

Rough day.

Edited by Mike Parrish

Finals WW 50-55-59-68-76kg

50kg Shilson vs Pawar(IND) - Weird scramble to start things off. Shilson with a hard head and arm. Gets the fall.     U23 World Champion Emily Shilson!

Wrestlers still alive:

68kg Fiske going for bronze (bout 408) - Got to the match late. Sorry, Lyv. Fiske loses 3-3 on criteria. Places 5th.

72kg Marano going for bronze (bout 429) - Contested tomorrow.

76kg Welker going for bronze (bout 409) - Nice double leg defense by Welker. Reasco Valde(ECU) is a similar big strong body type to Welker. Welker with a TD straight to a lace but couldn't turn it. Again, solid double leg defense which leads to seatbelt position and a quick hip toss for the fall.        U23 Bronze Medalist Kylie Welker!

Team scores

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 11-31-05 FLOARENA.png

Edited by Mike Parrish

I feel like U23's are taken less seriously than Cadet & Junior Worlds. Between COVID and a really busy world championship calendar this year, I'm not too surprised about the forfeits and general turnout.

Glad to have some international styles to watch in the morning before work this week though! Folkstyle picks up this week and we won't have anymore freestyle and greco for a long time. 

Women's 62kg final was a great match!

Ana Godinez Gonzalez(CAN) (SFU wrestler, slight bias) is down 7-0 at 2:47 and scores 10 unanswered points to win gold.

If you want an example for young female wrestlers showing how conditioning wins matches, then this match is it.

lol. I was going to suggest watching the match, however, in another display of ineptitude, Flo has the wrong match (RUS v SRB bronze medal match) under that link.

Here's supposed link to this match.(https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6884700-2021-u23-world-championship/videos?playing=7195212&limit=60)

Found it by digging around. (https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6884700-2021-u23-world-championship/videos?playing=7195240&limit=60)

The incorrect match film above is linked through the Flo Arena bracket link for the gold medal match.

Edited by Mike Parrish

2 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

Ana Godinez Gonzalez(CAN) (SFU wrestler, slight bias) is down 7-0 at 2:47 and scores 10 unanswered points to win gold.

lol. I was going to suggest watching the match, however, in another display of ineptitude, Flo has the wrong match (RUS v SRB bronze medal match) under that link.

Here's supposed link to this match.(https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6884700-2021-u23-world-championship/videos?playing=7195212&limit=60)

It was an excellent match! Also the link works, in your post above and also in FloArena and in the videos tab of the event page on Flo. I encourage everyone to watch it. 

It'll also be up on UWW's youtube page in about a week or so for people in the US who don't have Flo subscriptions. 

Sometimes the live thumbnail doesn't display the correct match if that was what you were referring to about having the wrong match displayed. in tournaments that run on FloArena it usually works smoothly but for UWW events they have their own tournament software and we have to figure out a way to 'mirror' what UWW displays in real time. definitely not always perfect. time, human power and resources are being devoted to making it better!

7 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

It was an excellent match! Also the link works, in your post above and also in FloArena and in the videos tab of the event page on Flo. I encourage everyone to watch it. 

It'll also be up on UWW's youtube page in about a week or so for people in the US who don't have Flo subscriptions. 

Sometimes the live thumbnail doesn't display the correct match if that was what you were referring to about having the wrong match displayed. in tournaments that run on FloArena it usually works smoothly but for UWW events they have their own tournament software and we have to figure out a way to 'mirror' what UWW displays in real time. definitely not always perfect. time, human power and resources are being devoted to making it better!

The problem was that the link in the bracket for the gold medal match linked to the wrong match video.

The landing page shows CAN vs UKR, but the video is for RUS vs SRB.

I was able to find another page with both the correct video and the correct names.

There are two pages purporting to be the gold medal match at this point.

As a software guy, I can only surmise that the process is being done manually.

This is error prone and should be automated.

P.S. I was editing as you were replying and added the correct link.

P.P.S. My frustration is with your software and I appreciate you responding here.

Edited by Mike Parrish

3 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

Found it by digging around. (https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6884700-2021-u23-world-championship/videos?playing=7195240&limit=60)

The incorrect match film above is linked through the Flo Arena bracket link for the gold medal match.

You didn't even mention the ad. +1