Jump to content
Antitroll2828

Micic to 141

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

I don't get why it bothers people so much.  As long as it follows the rules, what does it matter if he is 18 or 38?  If you love the sport and love your school, God bless you if you can do it for as long as you possibly can...

I had to keep it consistent by calling out Micic, since I've pointed it out with Grandpa Kemerer and Eierman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

I had to keep it consistent by calling out Micic, since I've pointed it out with Grandpa Kemerer and Eierman.

Eierman is the worst because he ll be 26 at ncaa and he’s already had 4 cracks at the podium, like why is a 4 time AA whose closer to 30 then 20 getting another chance when guys like Mark Hall, Cenzo and Pletcher only had 3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Eierman is the worst because he ll be 26 at ncaa and he’s already had 4 cracks at the podium, like why is a 4 time AA whose closer to 30 then 20 getting another chance when guys like Mark Hall, Cenzo and Pletcher only had 3 

If Hall didn’t redshirt in 8th grade he would have had four cracks.

Edited by jchapman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Of Hall didn’t redshirt in 8th grade he would have had four cracks.

Didn't he shirt in 7th as well?

 

Serious question.  Wasn't he a four time Kentucky High School state champion before he was a Minnesota 4xer?

Edited by nhs67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Eierman is the worst because he ll be 26 at ncaa and he’s already had 4 cracks at the podium, like why is a 4 time AA whose closer to 30 then 20 getting another chance when guys like Mark Hall, Cenzo and Pletcher only had 3 

Will you complain if Starocci and Kerkvliet gets 5 tries?  Just checking for Hypocrisy’s sake…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MSU158 said:

I don't get why it bothers people so much.  As long as it follows the rules, what does it matter if he is 18 or 38?  If you love the sport and love your school, God bless you if you can do it for as long as you possibly can...

I think it’s really bizarre he doesn’t want to move on.  I also think it makes a mockery of higher education, which the elites at his school pride themselves on.

But make no mistake: it doesn’t “bother” me one bit.  It’s simply my opinion, as it was Shaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Eierman is the worst because he ll be 26 at ncaa and he’s already had 4 cracks at the podium, like why is a 4 time AA whose closer to 30 then 20 getting another chance when guys like Mark Hall, Cenzo and Pletcher only had 3 

Micic could have too if he wrestled in 2021 but he chose not to

Edited by 1032004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MSU158 said:

I don't get why it bothers people so much.  As long as it follows the rules, what does it matter if he is 18 or 38?  If you love the sport and love your school, God bless you if you can do it for as long as you possibly can...

We're always wondering on here how wrestlers from different generations would match up against each other. We don't have to wonder with Micic - we get to see it live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

lmao in what way?!?! it’s the exact same thing lmao

Was wondering the same.   If anything you could argue Beard and Joe Lee could be worse if they can stay in the starting lineup  since they grayshirted + redshirted 

Edited by 1032004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sstern said:

I think it’s really bizarre he doesn’t want to move on.  I also think it makes a mockery of higher education, which the elites at his school pride themselves on.

But make no mistake: it doesn’t “bother” me one bit.  It’s simply my opinion, as it was Shaks.

Do you realize how CONTRADICTORY that response is?  You think it is "really bizarre" and "makes a mockery of higher education"  but it "doesn't 'bother' me one bit"?????

That is the equivalent of vehemently opposing the death penalty and then saying every execution doesn't "bother" you one bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

lmao in what way?!?! it’s the exact same thing lmao

Bc Eierman wasn’t even enrolled in school 2020, he has an extra year for a season he wasn’t even wrestling , while all those seniors got screwed that year, 26 and getting a 5th ncaa tournament, that’s ridiculous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Maybe not everyone lets everything they don't agree with bother them??    I realize those types of people are very rare in today's society, but some still exist.

That would be fine, if you just said I don't agree with it. But, when you directly respond to a message that asks that EXACT question, when it wasn't directly posed to you, that makes you wonder.  On top of that, when you use very descriptive adjectives such as mockery and really bizarre it SCREAMS an opinion with FEELING.  

Sort of like those blasting Donald Trump.  Do you think they spend the time doing so, but he doesn't bother them one bit???  You wouldn't spend the time to respond to that question if you didn't have a "feeling" about it in the 1st place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

That would be fine, if you just said I don't agree with it. But, when you directly respond to a message that asks that EXACT question, when it wasn't directly posed to you, that makes you wonder.  On top of that, when you use very descriptive adjectives such as mockery and really bizarre it SCREAMS an opinion with FEELING.  

Sort of like those blasting Donald Trump.  Do you think they spend the time doing so, but he doesn't bother them one bit???  You wouldn't spend the time to respond to that question if you didn't have a "feeling" about it in the 1st place...

Did you write a book on how everyone is supposed to feel and respond to things they don't agree with or something?  You have a pretty absolute view on what should be going through everyone's head...

Maybe, just maybe, there are people out there with a different way of thinking than you???  I realize they are completely dead ass wrong for thinking differently, but like I said....it exists.  We're just going to have to learn how to, somehow someway, learn to live with it.

Edited by Lurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, I should and will digress.  I think someone that loves wrestling and their school should be able to wrestle for as long as they can, as long as it is within the rules.  Period.

 

Also, my real contention was saying it makes a mockery of higher education.  How can you say that without knowing what further education that person is pursuing?  Plenty of these wrestlers go on to get real doctorates.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Bc Eierman wasn’t even enrolled in school 2020, he has an extra year for a season he wasn’t even wrestling , while all those seniors got screwed that year, 26 and getting a 5th ncaa tournament, that’s ridiculous 

No argument from me that Eierman is less deserving than those seniors. However, your comparison was to Starocci and Kerkvliet which is nonsensical. 5 ncaas = 5 ncaas. The only actual difference in your head is that they wear blue and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

No argument from me that Eierman is less deserving than those seniors. However, your comparison was to Starocci and Kerkvliet which is nonsensical. 5 ncaas = 5 ncaas. The only actual difference in your head is that they wear blue and white.

The only difference is both of those guys are freshman and we have no idea If they’ll take the 5th year yet especially Kerk who said a few times he’s done before 2024…in the here and now Eierman getting a 5th is ridiculous, also ridiculous is a guy like Micic coming back for year 8 , and in a few years we could be having this conversation about a lot of guys but for now those are just hypothetical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Did you write a book on how everyone is supposed to feel and respond to things they don't agree with or something?  You have a pretty absolute view on what should be going through everyone's head...

Maybe, just maybe, there are people out there with a different way of thinking than you???  I realize they are completely dead ass wrong for thinking differently, but like I said....it exists.  We're just going to have to learn how to, somehow someway, learn to live with it.

This is a very inaccurate take.  My issue was with those that seemed considerably "bothered" by it.  Not, with those that simply disagree with it.  That is why I responded to SStern because his response seemed hypocritical and contradictory.  If he wouldn't have said it didn't bother him one bit after saying everything prior, I wouldn't have even responded.

To be clear, I am all for those that have differing opinions from mine.  I am wrong PLENTY and happily admit it.  I simply have no issue questioning something when I DO NOT understand that differing opinion.  Is that ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The only difference is both of those guys are freshman and we have no idea If they’ll take the 5th year yet especially Kerk who said a few times he’s done before 2024…in the here and now Eierman getting a 5th is ridiculous, also ridiculous is a guy like Micic coming back for year 8 , and in a few years we could be having this conversation about a lot of guys but for now those are just hypothetical 

well yeah the whole question is hypothetical, but you answered it and your answer was nonsensical. if howard, lee, starocci, beard, and kerk wrestle in 5 ncaa seasons, it's no different than eierman. 5=5 last I checked. if you want to get into differences, the difference is that psu is set up to benefit 5x as much as iowa from the extra year. that's a potential 60-80 extra ncaa points they can squeeze out of those 5 guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

That would be fine, if you just said I don't agree with it. But, when you directly respond to a message that asks that EXACT question, when it wasn't directly posed to you, that makes you wonder.  On top of that, when you use very descriptive adjectives such as mockery and really bizarre it SCREAMS an opinion with FEELING.  

Sort of like those blasting Donald Trump.  Do you think they spend the time doing so, but he doesn't bother them one bit???  You wouldn't spend the time to respond to that question if you didn't have a "feeling" about it in the 1st place...

Trump lost. It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sstern said:

I think it’s really bizarre he doesn’t want to move on.  I also think it makes a mockery of higher education, which the elites at his school pride themselves on.

But make no mistake: it doesn’t “bother” me one bit.  It’s simply my opinion, as it was Shaks.

Got a love of bunch of people who still care enough about college wrestling to be posting on forums thinking it's weird that a kid with a chance to win a team and/or individual natty won't move on, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...