Antitroll2828

Micic to 141

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

That would be fine, if you just said I don't agree with it. But, when you directly respond to a message that asks that EXACT question, when it wasn't directly posed to you, that makes you wonder.  On top of that, when you use very descriptive adjectives such as mockery and really bizarre it SCREAMS an opinion with FEELING.  

Sort of like those blasting Donald Trump.  Do you think they spend the time doing so, but he doesn't bother them one bit???  You wouldn't spend the time to respond to that question if you didn't have a "feeling" about it in the 1st place...

Lol. I am largely agnostic politically, but the idea that there's all these liberals out there claiming Trump doesn't bother them one bit is a total strawman you made up to bolster your argument/find an excuse to talk about Trump.

26 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Trump lost. It's time to move on.

Lol...not what I meant.  I was making a point through comparison.  I was not a fan of Trump and I am admittedly a red color leaning voter.  I hope he doesn't run again...

Just now, lurk_nowitzki said:

Lol. I am largely agnostic politically, but the idea that there's all these liberals out there claiming Trump doesn't bother them one bit is a total strawman you made up to bolster your argument/find an excuse to talk about Trump.

Lol, sheesh.  I admittedly used an extreme example, but I used it to point out you don't say things like that about a particular situation with out having "feelings" about it.  I IN NO WAY want to specifically talk about Trump.  See my post before this one as proof of my stance on Trump.

5 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

Oh, and you mistook me if you think I meant ANY liberals were not bothered by Trump.  He lost because EVERY liberal hated his guts!   And pretty much deservedly so!

Edited by MSU158

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

This is a very inaccurate take.  My issue was with those that seemed considerably "bothered" by it.  Not, with those that simply disagree with it.  That is why I responded to SStern because his response seemed hypocritical and contradictory.  If he wouldn't have said it didn't bother him one bit after saying everything prior, I wouldn't have even responded.

To be clear, I am all for those that have differing opinions from mine.  I am wrong PLENTY and happily admit it.  I simply have no issue questioning something when I DO NOT understand that differing opinion.  Is that ok?

Two things, and I will type slowly for you:

1.  I have interests more important than this message board which give me perspective that allows me not to be bothered by what a person in college whom I don’t know chooses to do, even if I disagree with it: and

2.  It is bizarre.  Of course, that’s my opinion.  Its your issue you seem to be “bothered” with it.  It’s a message board.  

Grow up.  Comparing MY view on this to some view of the death penalty?  I think I know who lacks perspective.  Get out of that basement and see a bit of the world.

9 minutes ago, Sstern said:

Two things, and I will type slowly for you:

1.  I have interests more important than this message board which give me perspective that allows me not to be bothered by what a person in college whom I don’t know chooses to do, even if I disagree with it: and

2.  It is bizarre.  Of course, that’s my opinion.  Its your issue you seem to be “bothered” with it.  It’s a message board.  

Grow up.  Comparing MY view on this to some view of the death penalty?  I think I know who lacks perspective.  Get out of that basement and see a bit of the world.

Thank you for typing slowly for me.  That really helped!

1.) And yet those interests still didn't stop you from coming here and specifically responding to an open ended post about being bothered by something that you really seemed bothered by before saying you weren't!

2.)  By saying I don't get why someone is bothered by something pretty much infers I am bothered by that.  When did I deny that?

Finally, you SHOWED considerable feeling by the words you used.  I intentionally used an extreme analogy, because they are best to point out analogous hypocrisy.....

Oh, and I spend long hours in my office at work, so you would have to switch that with basement, but my job actually makes me drive a ton as well so.....

Edited by MSU158

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

well yeah the whole question is hypothetical, but you answered it and your answer was nonsensical. if howard, lee, starocci, beard, and kerk wrestle in 5 ncaa seasons, it's no different than eierman. 5=5 last I checked. if you want to get into differences, the difference is that psu is set up to benefit 5x as much as iowa from the extra year. that's a potential 60-80 extra ncaa points they can squeeze out of those 5 guys.

You are making this about Iowa and penn state, you are talking about something that could happen 4 5 years from now , I’m just talking about what happening now, I already said I agree with you that those penn state guys and Ferrari and poz getting 5 is crazy so you are pretty much arguing with yourself..just pointing out that it’s a joke Eierman and Micic are wrestling this season , especially Micic, the man has been in college wrestling through 3 different presidents 

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You are making this about Iowa and penn state, you are talking about something that could happen 4 5 years from now , I’m just talking about what happening now, I already said I agree with you that those penn state guys and Ferrari and poz getting 5 is crazy so you are pretty much arguing with yourself..just pointing out that it’s a joke Eierman and Micic are wrestling this season , especially Micic, the man has been in college wrestling through 3 different presidents 

You may want to go back and read the post you made that he first responded to...

28 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You keep trying to change the conversation because you know what you said was indefensible and came from knee jerk homerism. I don't care about those guys. I care that you tried to say it was somehow different that Starocci and Kerk get 5 years compared to Eierman. 5=5. It's not different.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

You keep trying to change the conversation because you know what you said was indefensible and came from knee jerk homerism. I don't care about those guys. I care that you tried to say it was somehow different that Starocci and Kerk get 5 years compared to Eierman. 5=5. It's not different.

You keep talking about something that hasn’t happened, it’s just a scenario that you ve made up in your head that’s possible in 2024 2025, every single freshman last year has a chance at 5 but it hasn’t happened and who the hell knows if they’ll take it , meanwhile Eierman and Micic are 26 and taking the 5th year now during the current season , the only homerism in any of these posts is coming directly from you..,I already said I’m against the policy so if it happens in 4 years I’ll agree with you but it is different because 1 is happening right now and what you re talking about may happen in the future 

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You keep talking about something that hasn’t happened, it’s just a scenario that you ve made up in your head that’s possible in 2024 2025, every single freshman last year has a chance at 5 but it hasn’t happened and who the hell knows if they’ll take it , meanwhile Eierman and Micic are 26 and taking the 5th year now during the current season , the only homerism in any of these posts is coming directly from you..,I already said I’m against the policy so if it happens in 4 years I’ll agree with you but it is different because 1 is happening right now and what you re talking about may happen in the future 

"Yes but it makes more sense then guys like Eierman getting a 5th tournament"

you're bad at this. just admit that you were wrong when you said this and stick to your current line that it will be wrong if they take their 5th year in the future.

RE Eireman, he didn't make the rule and he certainly wasn't the one that contaminated the world with covid to bring about the extra year.

Regardless of how many times he wrestles at the NCAAs, what I find most alarming is that per the Iowa athletics website, he' s 1015 years old:

Personal
born May 2, 1006
• Parents are Heather Thurston and Mike Eierman. Has one sister
• Communications major

Not even Kyle Dake can compete with that.

2 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

RE Eireman, he didn't make the rule and he certainly wasn't the one that contaminated the world with covid to bring about the extra year.

Regardless of how many times he wrestles at the NCAAs, what I find most alarming is that per the Iowa athletics website, he' s 1015 years old:

Personal
born May 2, 1006
• Parents are Heather Thurston and Mike Eierman. Has one sister
• Communications major

Not even Kyle Dake can compete with that.

when people called him a savvy veteran they didn't realize he saw action at the battle of hastings.

41 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This season will be Micic's fourth NCAAs. He was injured last year and did not compete.

25 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's amazing to me how comfortable people are to tell other, mostly younger, people to stop doing something they love and, once it's over, will never get the opportunity to do again.

Micic, Kemerer, and Eierman could keep wrestling on the senior freestyle or greco level.  No one is saying they should stop wrestling.  They shouldn't be wrestling in college anymore against 18/19 year olds.

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

Micic, Kemerer, and Eierman could keep wrestling on the senior freestyle or greco level.  No one is saying they should stop wrestling.  They shouldn't be wrestling in college anymore against 18/19 year olds.

Why?  Literally the governing body of the sport has ok'd it.  And wrestling in college is different than wrestling post-collegiately.

32 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It's amazing to me how comfortable people are to tell other, mostly younger, people to stop doing something they love and, once it's over, will never get the opportunity to do again.

100%

They have their whole lives to work and make money (or even wrestle freestyle). They have one more year to wrestle for an NCAA title. As long as they love doing it, that's a no brainer. 

10 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I feel the same way about Tom Brady.

What is a grown man of 44 doing picking on 22 year old Justin Fields?

Sure it's within the rules, but come on, its just not right. 

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

as a bears fan, i concur. tom brady is a sick pervert for taking the field that sunday. shameful!

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Tom Brady and Justin Fields are both professionals and post-college.  Not the same at all.  

To use your NFL QB analogy, Micic, Eierman, and Kemerer are if guys like Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen still stayed in college to play against Bryce Young and Caleb Williams.