Jump to content
Antitroll2828

Micic to 141

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SignificantACCBias said:

Ya'll know in a few years (when last year's freshmen are gone) eligibility will go back to normal and you'll only be butthurt when a wrestler from your school loses to a Mormon...right?

You assume Cael won't inspire us to all convert by then for winning 12 of the previous 14 NCAA Championships...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Tom Brady and Justin Fields are both professionals and post-college.  Not the same at all.  

To use your NFL QB analogy, Micic, Eierman, and Kemerer are if guys like Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen still stayed in college to play against Bryce Young and Caleb Williams.

So for them to stay in college they would need to have college eligibilty. That would be awful. Imagine if people of different ages were allowed to play against each other? Where does it end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So for them to stay in college they would need to have college eligibilty. That would be awful. Imagine if people of different ages were allowed to play against each other? Where does it end?

I said this earlier in the thread: people of different ages should wrestle each other at the Olympics or senior worlds.  

It would be one thing if they were still competing due to serving in the military or going on a religious mission, but that's not the situation here.  I used to be a fan of all three, but now I wonder what goes through the heads of guys like Micic, Eierman, and Kemerer.  Staying in college for almost a decade and beating up on guys who are now 7-8 years younger.  Gaming the system to get extra years with greyshirts, redshirts, medical redshirts, Olympic redshirts, etc., but no NCAA title to show for it.  I get that it is permissible under the rules, but it just doesn't feel right and I can't pull for them anymore.  

In the meantime, other guys like Otoguro, Shakiev, and Nokhodilarimi (who are all significantly younger) are winning Olympic and World senior level medals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MSU158 said:

This is a very inaccurate take.  My issue was with those that seemed considerably "bothered" by it.  Not, with those that simply disagree with it.  That is why I responded to SStern because his response seemed hypocritical and contradictory.  If he wouldn't have said it didn't bother him one bit after saying everything prior, I wouldn't have even responded.

To be clear, I am all for those that have differing opinions from mine.  I am wrong PLENTY and happily admit it.  I simply have no issue questioning something when I DO NOT understand that differing opinion.  Is that ok?

Sure.  Have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I said this earlier in the thread: people of different ages should wrestle each other at the Olympics or senior worlds.  

It would be one thing if they were still competing due to serving in the military or going on a religious mission, but that's not the situation here.  I used to be a fan of all three, but now I wonder what goes through the heads of guys like Micic, Eierman, and Kemerer.  Staying in college for almost a decade and beating up on guys who are now 7-8 years younger.  Gaming the system to get extra years with greyshirts, redshirts, medical redshirts, Olympic redshirts, etc., but no NCAA title to show for it.  I get that it is permissible under the rules, but it just doesn't feel right and I can't pull for them anymore.  

In the meantime, other guys like Otoguro, Shakiev, and Nokhodilarimi (who are all significantly younger) are winning Olympic and World senior level medals.  

Newsflash:  Some people genuinely like Folkstyle and the ONLY way for them to stick with it for as long as they can IS to wrestle in College...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Newsflash:  Some people genuinely like Folkstyle and the ONLY way for them to stick with it for as long as they can IS to wrestle in College...

Watch out.  People aren't ready to talk as if NCAA D1 is the highest level of Folkstyle possible on the planet.  That can't possibly be true, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a Micic related question - when folks listed the top 4 at 141 - was it a typo to leave out the 2X NCAA champ at that weight?  Or do you all have some inside info?

Most people think he’s going 149.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BlueWolverine said:

This season will be Micic's fourth NCAAs. He was injured last year and did not compete.

My issue with Micic is more the multiple Olympic redshirts and regular redshirt and COVID opt out, that’s 4 years he could’ve wrestled and chose not too , I’ve always had the opinion all guys should get 4 cracks at ncaa but him getting a 2nd Olympic redshirt while he’s competing for another country always seemed a little messed up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Can we just all agree that whenever a wrestler from your favorite school does X it's fine but if it's another school they are disgusting sickos making a mockery of the whole sport?

 

If we just agree that this is the rule we can all move on.

My corollary rule is "It is only your inconsistencies that bother me".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StallWarning said:

Can we just all agree that whenever a wrestler from your favorite school does X it's fine but if it's another school they are disgusting sickos making a mockery of the whole sport?

 

If we just agree that this is the rule we can all move on.

Sure as long as we can also all agree that anything posted after page 3 on themat forum threads is wrong.  That's where all the arguments start so we all know the post is just plain wrong.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...