Sign in to follow this  
Vincenzo

Recruiting - who is doing best?

If Nebraska can solve 125 with Lambert, and (Johnson continues to grow into Hwt and improve ) they will have as good a lineup as they've had since joining the conference. Abidine, McCauley,Dudley, and Downey will look to win spots.

I heard Lambert is too big for 125lbs and will be going 133lbs next year. I agree that NU has a solid group but 125 and hwt will continue to be problems.

Missouri is very happy with an excellent class coming in

J'Den Cox

Willie Micklus

Joey LaValle

Parker VonEgidy

Barlow McGhee

B. J. Toal

J. J. Johnson

We need to keep the top guys from Missouri at home the next few years and the Tigers will be very good.

Go Tigers

If Nebraska can solve 125 with Lambert, and (Johnson continues to grow into Hwt and improve ) they will have as good a lineup as they've had since joining the conference. Abidine, McCauley,Dudley, and Downey will look to win spots.

I heard Lambert is too big for 125lbs and will be going 133lbs next year. I agree that NU has a solid group but 125 and hwt will continue to be problems.

Lambert must of put on a lot of muscle if he is to big for 125. If I recall correctly he wrestled 120 at Fargo last summer and he didn't look like a big 120 pounder.

In 1967, Michigan State won with 74 points, Michigan runner-up with 63. MSU had 2 champions. Don Buzzard from Waterloo and ISU placed 2nd. Have known him since he was born. Ohio State finished 4.5 points behind Iowa in 2009.

There ya go. Exactly. Thanks Donnie.

I am impressed with what koll does with his nation wide recruiting effort. He has gotten some of the best recruits from states like Michigan (simaz), Hawaii (lee), California (current 125), Tennessee ( leen). In the meantime he doesn't ignore NY(nickerson, DAKE , and now realbuto, palacio) or the pa and nj kids. Most of the other programs so not seem to cover the entire country quite the way koll does.

J'Den Cox

Willie Micklus

Joey LaValle

Parker VonEgidy

Barlow McGhee

B. J. Toal

J. J. Johnson

We need to keep the top guys from Missouri at home the next few years and the Tigers will be very good.

Go Tigers

MU is looking to recruit Daniel Lewis out of Blue Springs HS which would be a good recruit. I don't know who else out of MO they are looking at.

I'm impressed with Pitt having a great recruiting class with Jason Peters taking over at the helm. He may have given an extra little bit of effort knowing that the transition would happen this year. Also interesting to see them pulling such high prospects with Penn State in the region. I'm rooting for them.

Yea i thought this thread was about RECRUITING? Mizzou has 2 or 3 Senior National champs and a couple more placers. One of their recruits just knocked off a kid ranked 2nd or 3rd in Dapper Dan. Some guys might have Long Arms but SHORT memories and other things

Rutgers is having a very good recruiting year. They are now fully funded with out of state scholarships. Huge difference from their previous situation. With joining The B1G it should just keep getting better. Best things to happen were Goodale and The State University of New Jersey finally breaking down the PA/Big time recruit wall ( Getting Tyson Dippery from Central Dauphin Pennsylvania is just Huge for RU)

and being able to keep Anthony Ashnault in State.

2013 Class

Anthony Ashnault- South Plainfield NJ

Garrett Conner- Centerville OH

Tyson Dippery- Central Dauphin PA

Nick Gravina -Northern Highlands NJ

Taylor Jackson- The Villages FL

Joshua Patrick- Ligonier Valley PA

Corey Stasenko-South Plainfield NJ

Meanwhile, UT 4x champ Kade Moss is back from his 2-yr mission, and will enroll at Penn State this summer. (Confirmed by Tim Owen at Blue/White Illustrated.)

J'Den Cox

Willie Micklus

Joey LaValle

Parker VonEgidy

Barlow McGhee

B. J. Toal

J. J. Johnson

Go Tigers

MU is looking to recruit Daniel Lewis out of Blue Springs HS which would be a good recruit. I don't know who else out of MO they are looking at.

Mizzou will also be getting Iowa State Transfer Mikey England he will wrestle either at 174 or 184, pretty solid wrestler, he barely lost the spot at 174 to Tanner Weatherman who made the round of 12 (he actually beat him once this year). Sad to see Mikey go, but excited to see what he can do given a spot for the entire year. Had he gotten the spot the last two years he definitely would have qualified for NCAA's both years.

I think you have to look at Koll and Cornell as among the best of all. Ok, I understand they have the option of sending kids to flcc for a year but the kids still have to get into Cornell. With that said, no one is better at expanding his recruiting to the entire country. Every year, someone from Cornell catches my eye and makes me wonder how he got them. Michigan(Simaz), Maryland(Lewnes), Hawaii(Lee), California(125 lb this year), Tennessee( Leen) and I could go on and on.

Along with that, he dominates with NY studs as well and rarely let's them go. Ok , so he lost Jantzen to Harvard but can you blame the kid? He wanted a better education.lol But look at studs like Nickerson, Dake and now Realbuto and Palacio. He gets the locals as well as the kids around the country. Hell, he even rolls into Pa and pulls a National champ right out of Sanderson's back yard and gets Grey to leave Lehigh after he committed there. Now that's some good shi**!

Speaking of Mormen. Did Cael go on the mission before heading to ISU? His brothers? Brown did it. So I wondered....

Sent from Tapatalk

None of the Sanderson's went on a Mormon mission. I am not familiar enough with the religion to know if it is a requirement that you have to go on a mission or if there are other ways to meet that requirement.

J'Den Cox

Willie Micklus

Joey LaValle

Parker VonEgidy

Barlow McGhee

B. J. Toal

J. J. Johnson

Go Tigers

Daniel Lewis is only a Junior. So if they got him it would be apart of the 2013/2014 recruiting class.

With England and that Ohio State kid Missouri might not drop off terribly

What Ohio State kid are you refering to?

where do they saddle horses before the big races?

The Stables??? ;) I got the reference.. I hope this is true... That would be a huge haul for the Tigers. The two transfers, Mikilus, plus the 6 kids they already have recruited (5 ranked in the top 100) That would have to be a top 3 to 5 recruiting class. Personally, I am happy with the 6 kids they have recruited so anything else is a bonus.