Elevator

JR Christian Carroll flips from Illinois to Penn

Carroll is 220 and appears to be a HWT.  Penn also has NJ Champ Cosgrove now a Senior coming in for 197.   Did they wrestle recently?   I have a memory of watching the match, but could not find the video.        

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVwP_hxsEG5/?utm_medium=copy_link&fbclid=IwAR1LMqEQYUauFll-KAVzZneHc-yc3dCF_f8pJfXmYDTRTlfoHpzJn90jzpE

Edited by Elevator
add link

32 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I had never seen the kid wrestle. Just his name.
I YouTubed him and the first match that popped up was a freestyle match with Amos... Lol
I'm sure he'll be nails in college but it was just a funny spoiler for me with sky high expectations.

Believe this was the finals of the JR world team trials this year.  Keep in mind that Carroll is only a jr in high school this year.  He was likely 16 years old during that match.

Believe this was the finals of the JR world team trials this year.  Keep in mind that Carroll is only a jr in high school this year.  He was likely 16 years old during that match.
Yeah no doubt he's young and all that. .
Im sure he will develop into something impressive, I just laughed at the first match I clicked on he's getting ragged dolled. (I went ahead and watched him crush in a few others)
Being young is a bigger obstacle at the heavier weights.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:23 PM, Elevator said:

Looks like his high school is in North Indiana, not far from Chicago or the Michigan state line.   

Move in from Illinois, COVID related. Illinois high school association canceled wrestling, Indiana did not. But not sure if he ever participated in the Indiana single class state wrestling tournament. Don’t think he did. He is a hammer. 

Not an Illinois move in.  He wrestled for Penn high school as a freshman (believe he was injured and didn't compete), transferred to New Prairie high school last season and was ruled ineligible for one year by the IHSAA, which I'm pretty sure won't allow him to compete until second semester this season.

6 hours ago, southend said:

Move in from Illinois, COVID related. Illinois high school association canceled wrestling, Indiana did not. But not sure if he ever participated in the Indiana single class state wrestling tournament. Don’t think he did. He is a hammer. 

You are crossing some of Sergio Lemley’s information with Carrolls. 

On 11/2/2021 at 9:56 PM, spladle08 said:

Yeah no doubt he's young and all that. .
Im sure he will develop into something impressive, I just laughed at the first match I clicked on he's getting ragged dolled. (I went ahead and watched him crush in a few others)
Being young is a bigger obstacle at the heavier weights.

For sure a bigger obstacle when competing at age 16-17 vs college guys. He's generally considered the #3 recruit in the country for his class. As a 220lb junior, lost a nail biter at Who's #1 to the number one heavy in the country. Not a Steveson or Kerkvliet talent, but a huge get for Penn and loss for Illinois.

19 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Epistemology 

Seems something like Computer Science or Civil Engineering would be a better long term career choice, but to each his own, guess Epistemology would be better for sorting thru the BS opinions on these here boards.  :)

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

Seems something like Computer Science or Civil Engineering would be a better long term career choice, but to each his own, guess Epistemology would be better for sorting thru the BS opinions on these here boards.  :)

I just made that up because I've never heard of it as a major but thought it would but kinda fun.  For pure interest, anthropology would be first on my list.  Hopefully I am reincarnated into a wealthy family that can support the endeavor.  

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I just made that up because I've never heard of it as a major but thought it would but kinda fun.  For pure interest, anthropology would be first on my list.  Hopefully I am reincarnated into a wealthy family that can support the endeavor.  

Well or go to University of Illinois and get a degree in one of their top 5 programs like CS or Civil E. and you won't need to take the reincarnate gamble for wealth.  :)

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well or go to University of Illinois and get a degree in one of their top 5 programs like CS or Civil E. and you won't need to take the reincarnate gamble for wealth.  :)

I know they have a great accounting program there too.  I ended up going the route of finance.  for better or worse, but as a middle class kid, it seemed sensible at the time

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I know they have a great accounting program there too.  I ended up going the route of finance.  for better or worse, but as a middle class kid, it seemed sensible at the time

Yes they are also top 5 in accounting, very good in finance.