Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

Intermat Top 50

I do believe that this list has a

<---------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

On a list like this, it's impossible to please everybody, and almost everybody looks at it thru their preconceived biases.  For example, I think some of the Iowa guys are too low.  But again, it's all about how difficult these lists are.

Edited by SignificantACCBias

13 hours ago, ugarte said:

sure but i don't know why you'd ignore freestyle and i think his freestyle results indicate that he's better than the #2 pfp guy at some weights 

Because the list is collegiate wrestlers at collegiate wrestling?  Also it's opinion based.  Whoever made it may have differing opinions than others.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Because the list is collegiate wrestlers at collegiate wrestling?  Also it's opinion based.  Whoever made it may have differing opinions than others.

In the accompanying article on Rokfin Corby says:

"While we are counting down the top-50 wrestlers based primarily on collegiate accomplishments, it is impossible to totally ignore achievements in the international settings, so they did factor in slightly, too."

17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

"While we are counting down the top-50 wrestlers based primarily on collegiate accomplishments, it is impossible to totally ignore achievements in the international settings, so they did factor in slightly, too."

That doesn't change that the latter part of my statement is entirely true and runs in line with what he said 

6 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Reading between the lines, I think this means they will have Spencer #1 and Gable #2.

7 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Reading between the lines, I think this means they will have Spencer #1 and Gable #2.

I would place Gable at #1. He has nobody in the field that is anywhere close to him. Zero ACL Spencer can at least conceivably lose to a Glory or Arujau. Then there is Suriano if he finds a landing spot. 

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I would place Gable at #1. He has nobody in the field that is anywhere close to him. Zero ACL Spencer can at least conceivably lose to a Glory or Arujau. Then there is Suriano if he finds a landing spot. 

Gable with no ACLs could also lose to them?

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You miss my meaning.

It means COULD means jack.  He WON'T lose to any of the three you listed.

What are you even arguing about? Gable wrestling a 125? Impossible for Spencer to lose this coming year? Huh? 

Edited by TBar1977

38 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

What are you even arguing about? Gable wrestling a 125? Impossible for Spencer to lose this coming year? Huh? 

Just being my typical ponce self.

Lee isn't losing.  Saying he will is like saying Steveson will.

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Agreed, as I stated earlier in the thread, the reigning Olympic gold medalist should be #1.  However, the Corby guy's comment leads me to believe they're going to put Spencer at #1.

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Agreed, as I stated earlier in the thread, the reigning Olympic gold medalist should be #1.  However, the Corby guy's comment leads me to believe they're going to put Spencer at #1.

Oh well. I don't get it. 

Gable has lost to only one college wrestler, Anthony Cassar,  and that wrestler has moved on. Both of the losses were by 1 point if I recall.

Spencer has a bunch of losses and he has even been pinned. 

Like I said in the prior post. I can at least envision Lee losing. Can't envision Gable S. losing this year. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Oh well. I don't get it. 

Gable has lost to only one college wrestler, Anthony Cassar,  and that wrestler has moved on. Both of the losses were by 1 point if I recall.

Spencer has a bunch of losses and he has even been pinned. 

Like I said in the prior post. I can at least envision Lee losing. Can't envision Gable S. losing this year. 

I guess a record of 66-1 doesn't factor in this conversation.

IMHO they will put Lee #1 and Gable #2 (and Yianni #3) but at the end of the day - who really cares?  They both shared the Hodge last year, and if they both go undefeated and win again it is very likely they will share it again.

Wrestling predictions make little sense between weights - maybe a little more within an individual weight class, because they can never be resolved on the mat.