Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestleknownothing

Intermat Top 50

Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, TBar1977 said:

They say freestyle factors into the convo, and he lost badly to Nick Lee so he is on the outside looking in. 

If freestyle is a factor that bumps Yianni up, not down. Yes, be lost a consi match to Lee, but Yianni's freestyle record overall is vastly superior. So is Yianni's folkstyle record, BTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NJDan said:

If freestyle is a factor that bumps Yianni up, not down. Yes, be lost a consi match to Lee, but Yianni's freestyle record overall is vastly superior. So is Yianni's folkstyle record, BTW.

Yianni's folkstyle record is better than Spencer Lee's and Gable's, as well.  Even if he was playing with fire a lot, or so we're told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they phrase their criteria in the Rokfin article is they "used a combination of collegiate achievements, with 2021 accomplishments carrying more weight than past years, along with win-loss records and notable wins. While we are counting down the top-50 wrestlers based primarily on collegiate accomplishments, it is impossible to totally ignore achievements in the international settings, so they did factor in slightly, too." 

The part about 2021 accomplishments carrying more weight to me suggests Spencer Lee and Gable Steveson will be above Yianni Diakomihalis. And the part about international achievements being a slight factor suggests to me that Gable Steveson will be above Spencer Lee. So putting it together I think we get Steveson, Lee, Diakomihalis as 1, 2, 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klehner said:

Yianni's folkstyle record is better than Spencer Lee's and Gable's, as well.  Even if he was playing with fire a lot, or so we're told.

Pretty sure they divided the avg of folkstyle and freestyle record by number of knees.  Spencer Lee has to be #1.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, ionel said:

Pretty sure they divided the avg of folkstyle and freestyle record by number of knees.  Spencer Lee has to be #1.  :)

If Spencer Lee starts a supplemental insurance company it will be known as ACLack and a hawkeye will replace the duck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...