Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

Ohio State VS North Carolina

Recommended Posts

I believe most can agree that this is the dual kf the weekend.

I believe Rocky gets the nod at 184 until Romero unseats him.  Folks seem to forget that Rocky beat him in the wrestleoffs two years ago and it was a sucked out Rocky.  Rocky went to 184 and that freed the spot up for Romero at 174.

On FRL today they said Sasso-Sherman was the most interesting match.  I disagree.  I don't think it is remotely competitive. 

There are two matches with true frosh in them that interests me more, pun intended.  I don't know if we see Paddy at 157, since he wasn't healthy enough for a wrestleoff last week.  Moore-Heinselman is a match, though.

Also as a Michigan homer, Whitman with full time reps at 285 interests me too.

My full 'predictions' to follow later once I get a better idea who will be there for both squads.

What are folks looking forward to most in this dual?

Edited by nhs67
Oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Paddy, I'd probably wrestle him this year then redshirt him next year along with their monster '22 class.  Come back in full force in '23 for Sammy's senior year.  

For the time being it doesn't make sense to start burning eligibility in case of injury later in the year, so he still might qualify for a medical if that were to happen (knock on wood).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, Mphillips said:

Ryan said Paddy was keeping his RS until second half at least. FWIW.  Jordan may start the season, but I believe Romero gets the spot. Malik is one of my favorite Buckeyes.

Looking forward to seeing all the guys. Go Bucks!

What's the thinking behind letting Jordan start the first half of the season and then putting Romero in at the end.

I'm also a huge Malik fan.  Hope he gets on the podium this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

What's the thinking behind letting Jordan start the first half of the season and then putting Romero in at the end.

I'm also a huge Malik fan.  Hope he gets on the podium this year!

I don't think it's like that.

Romero is injured from what I've heard/read, which is why there wasn't a wrestle off.  I believe Smith is the guy at 74, even if Romero can beat him. I think Romero can wrestle at 84 and that Rocky can wrestle at 97 and is better than Hoffman. What do I know? I still think Suriano shows up and wrestles 33...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

What's the thinking behind letting Jordan start the first half of the season and then putting Romero in at the end.

I'm also a huge Malik fan.  Hope he gets on the podium this year!

Idk if that's tOSU's plan, but I think he was predicting Jordan may start because he wins in the room, but Romero takes over with better results against the field. That's what happened the first time they competed for a spot. Jordan won the wrestle off with a ride out, but then Romero won the MSU Open where Jordan took 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Idk if that's tOSU's plan, but I think he was predicting Jordan may start because he wins in the room, but Romero takes over with better results against the field. That's what happened the first time they competed for a spot. Jordan won the wrestle off with a ride out, but then Romero won the MSU Open where Jordan took 6th.

The reason Romero got the spot was due to Jordan going up to 184, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The reason Romero got the spot was due to Jordan going up to 184, though.

Not true at all. Romero started every dual at 174 that year. Jordan continued to wrestle at 174 in opens with the backups for another month after the MSU open while Romero was starting duals before bumping up to 184. When Hoffman struggled, they gave him a shot to compete at 184 and he won that spot. But Romero pretty clearly beat him out at 174.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Not true at all. Romero started every dual at 174 that year. Jordan continued to wrestle at 174 in opens with the backups for another month after the MSU open while Romero was starting duals before bumping up to 184. When Hoffman struggled, they gave him a shot to compete at 184 and he won that spot. But Romero pretty clearly beat him out at 174.

That was a long while back, and I'm not an Ohio State experts guy.  I will concede, as I have no horse in the race.

If I am Hoffman and this is what it looks like, then I am ducking out.  Unless he believes he can start at HWT next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

That was a long while back, and I'm not an Ohio State experts guy.  I will concede, as I have no horse in the race.

If I am Hoffman and this is what it looks like, then I am ducking out.  Unless he believes he can start at HWT next year.

I see it, this way.

Kharch

Smith

Romero

Jordan

Orndorff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Schuteandscore said:

Ohio State definitely looking better on bottom and top even for that matter.  So far, the extra work being shown

I was happy to see Rocky get off bottom, then get a well-timed takedown. Conservative, but he didn't put himself in bad positions like he has in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Anyone know why they started at 165?

It definitely helps tOSU in regards to momentum...

I'd understand if they started at 157 to conclude with 149, but if Gallagher is shirted, I'm don't see why 157 is a great conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...