Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Austin Gomez is back in the saddle

Both did not look as good as I expected a contender to look.

Gomez didn't look as chubby as I thought he would look, first off.  Second off, he came out like a little Tasmanian Devil.  I was for sure concerned that he was going to gas hard and possibly not win by as much as he could have.  That actually happened.

I thought Amos looked rather thin.  He also looked tentative.  I imagine this is due to the cut, and he was concerned about gassing, as well as it being his first NCAA D1 match.

All-in-all I was never worried about the outcome for Amos.  I was for Gomez once he quit scoring after the first.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Both did not look as good as I expected a contender to look.

Gomez didn't look as chubby as I thought he would look, first off.  Second off, he came out like a little Tasmanian Devil.  I was for sure concerned that he was going to gas hard and possibly not win by as much as he could have.  That actually happened.

I thought Amos looked rather thin.  He also looked tentative.  I imagine this is due to the cut, and he was concerned about gassing, as well as it being his first NCAA D1 match.

All-in-all I was never worried about the outcome for Amos.  I was for Gomez once he quit scoring after the first.

Thanks.  I didn't see the match, only the result.

38 minutes ago, jchapman said:

I have a feeling Amos might sneak in a Top-8 performance.

The transition from free to folk(and greco for gods sake), and to wrestling 24 year olds, and being an upper weight, and how much the dude competes...it all points to there being a few bumps in the road. 

Even if he struggles for a month or two I think he'll be top 4 in march.

Edited by hammerlockthree

On 11/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, potentiallydangerous said:

So no All American for Wisconsin at 149-197? Sad

I think Wiscy will have between 1 to 4 AA's.  They'll all be the heavy guys (174-285) imo.

Gomez has an outside shot but his preseason top-10 ranking is way too high, especially going all the way up to 149 when he was previously a 133.  

On 11/4/2021 at 10:25 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Sorry but can we get an explanation for the very pubic retirement and then return at another school?

Retire and get better fine, move schools fine...something weird about the combination.

Other than Wisconsin and their ongoing shady string of transfer and recruiting allegations?

8 hours ago, LordNelson said:

Other than Wisconsin and their ongoing shady string of transfer and recruiting allegations?

I hadn’t heard anything about Wisconsin. But color me shocked that Bono might be “allegedly” involved in such things and short term strategies