TBar1977

Intermat Rankings

My first look at anyone's rankings this year I check out Intermat and see they have Iowa ranked first in tournament rankings 18 points ahead of PSU. The shocker to me is that this 18 points is with PSU having only 6 scoring wrestlers. 7 if you count Joe Lee at 25th. 

I thought the gap would be much wider than this given Iowa has 10 scorers to PSU having only 6/7. We all know PSU will score something at those those other weights. Maybe this is doable for PSU. 

https://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/125

Why would you think that?  It was 129-113.5 last year. "Same" teams coming back and as you know PSU will be better at their "non scoring" weights than last year. Probably will be closer this year if anything, if PSU doesn't win.  But I think you knew this a along 

38 minutes ago, wcoyote said:

Why would you think that?  It was 129-113.5 last year. "Same" teams coming back and as you know PSU will be better at their "non scoring" weights than last year. Probably will be closer this year if anything, if PSU doesn't win.  But I think you knew this a along 

Big time 'Jimmy Cinnabons Bo Basset is Iowa's to lose' vibes on this post. 

57 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Big time 'Jimmy Cinnabons Bo Basset is Iowa's to lose' vibes on this post. 

Are you referring to Tbar or coyote?

I think Tbar was doing the Cinnabons thing last year...the OP seems to be admitting PSU has a good chance to win

This will be interesting.  I think Iowa under performed and PSU over performed.  Throw in Suriano and we have a house race 

And a 25-30lb heavier Kerkvliet, SVN at 149, Joe Lee at 157 with a healthy knee, Facundo…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, wcoyote said:

So the first time ever?  Interesting statistic.

But I think you knew that.

BTW...if you click  "quote"  it will show what post you are responding to instead of it looking like a random post talking to yourself. 

12 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Are you referring to Tbar or coyote?

I think Tbar was doing the Cinnabons thing last year...the OP seems to be admitting PSU has a good chance to win

Never did the Cinnabons thing and not doing it here either. Your second part is what I am doing, which is to say that I think if the spread is this close with PSU basically having only 6 scoring wrestlers then, given their roster, PSU should stand a great chance at overtaking Iowa if they can field ten healthy wrestlers. Four guys can and should get those 19 points. 

15 hours ago, Idaho said:

But I think you knew that.

BTW...if you click  "quote"  it will show what post you are responding to instead of it looking like a random post talking to yourself. 

I did not know that hence why I asked.   I knew the quote thing I was just being lazy.

7 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Never did the Cinnabons thing and not doing it here either. Your second part is what I am doing, which is to say that I think if the spread is this close with PSU basically having only 6 scoring wrestlers then, given their roster, PSU should stand a great chance at overtaking Iowa if they can field ten healthy wrestlers. Four guys can and should get those 19 points. 

So we are agreeing.  My bad

52 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Iowa underperforming and PSU overperforming at NCAAs has been happening every year for the last decade…

To be fair PSU outperforms about every expectation at NCAAs

1 hour ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Iowa underperforming and PSU overperforming at NCAAs has been happening every year for the last decade…

Oof. Why you gotta remind me of that? Haha.

Granted, a few of those underperformances had a large injury component - Telford and Stoll immediately come to mind. Still, I don't have a good rationalization for why Dziewa, St. John, Sorensen, Mike Evans, Gilman, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting, had an apparent dip in performance at NCAAs their senior years compared to prior seasons.

Sigh, y’all is making me quote FRL.. “rankings are not predictions”.. though to be fair, the drama queen Tbar is just wanting to be a fragile nittany lion

Edited by jp157
Not instead of no