Jimmy Cinnabon

Michael Beard

It is suprsing how strong some athletes feel about these steps. 

As to the Cornell lineup, interested in your update of where things might shake out.  Seems like a heck of a team with no apparent vulnerabilities.   Best Cornell dual meet team ever?

10 hours ago, klehner said:

PSU does not have a vaccine mandate for students.  They do have one for faculty and staff (*cough*Cael*cough*).  I think a number of B1G schools don't have one; it may be driven more by state politics (e.g., Rutgers and Michigan have one, PSU, Iowa,  and Wisconsin do not).

Gabe Dean seems to have said as much wrt Cornell's policies (including staff like him being required to actually support and implement their policies); Max, not so vocal.

Maybe Max couldn't hold 184 any more, and he couldn't beat Darmstadt at 197, so...  :-)

Yes, Penn State's mandate deadline for faculty and staff is fast approaching.  It is December 8th.  Most everyone is already vaccinated, but if Cael isn't (I have no idea if he is or isn't) and doesn't get.a religious exemption (which is often difficult to obtain), he might not be in the room or on the side of the mat come Big Ten time.   Hopefully, he has seen or will see the light of reason.  

3 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Yes, Penn State's mandate deadline for faculty and staff is fast approaching.  It is December 8th.  Most everyone is already vaccinated, but if Cael isn't (I have no idea if he is or isn't) and doesn't get.a religious exemption (which is often difficult to obtain), he might not be in the room or on the side of the mat come Big Ten time.   Hopefully, he has seen or will see the light of reason.  

Fun and Jesus kill the virus. The whole PSU room is safe.

16 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Fun and Jesus kill the virus. The whole PSU room is safe.

How about Tom Ryan at Ohio State? Is he vaccinated?  For a long time, he has been known as an anti-vaxxer. 

Something about athletes; they imagine they are immune to life's ills ... until they aren't.   Recent case in point: Aaron Rogers

How about Tom Ryan at Ohio State? Is he vaccinated?  For a long time, he has been known as an anti-vaxxer. 
Something about athletes; they imagine they are immune to life's ills ... until they aren't.   Recent case in point: Aaron Rogers

Covid is over...

Too bad your fear of a virus with a 99.8% isn't over yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Covid is over...

What the hell does that mean?  If only you were capable of communicating clearly, let alone thinking clearly ...   I don't fear Covid; I'm vaccinated.  And it's not over.  Apparently, you are clueless about what is happening in the world. News Break: the World is not = to the U.S.   I imagine you are indoctrinated by FOX Noise and maybe even Q Anon.  

If your cryptic reference to 99.8% is the following, here are some facts you should apprise yourself of:

CLAIM: If you are unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. If you get vaccinated, you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: Missing context. On average about 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive, but each individual’s chance of dying from the virus will vary depending on their age, whether they have an underlying health condition and whether they are vaccinated. While people who are vaccinated can still get infected, these “breakthrough” cases are rare and vaccines dramatically reduce severe illness and death.

THE FACTS: As of July 23, there were more than 34.3 million known cases of COVID-19 in the United States and 610,370 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That means the case fatality ratio -- or the portion of known cases that result in death in the country -- is 1.8%. In other words, on average, 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive. Because the true number of infections is much larger than just the documented cases, the actual survival rate of all COVID-19 infections is even higher than 98.2%.

A popular tweet this week, however, used the survival statistic without key context. “Unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. Get vaccinated and you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival,” reads the tweet.

The message is misleading. The average for the entire country cannot be used to calculate an individual’s chance of dying from the virus. The likelihood that a COVID-19 infection will result in death increases with age and if the patient has a pre-existing condition..

Dr. Thomas Giordano, professor of medicine and section chief of infectious diseases at Baylor College of Medicine, said the tweet ignores the fact that many people who survive COVID-19 have long-term symptoms, and that people who survive it can spread the disease to high risk patients who will not be as lucky.

“One in 500 people in the U.S. has died from COVID. To try to trivialize it and say it’s nothing, it doesn’t matter, I think it’s just a gross mischaracterization of what we are all living through,” Giordano told The Associated Press in a call.

Furthermore, vaccinated people are far less likely to become severely ill or die from COVID-19 compared to unvaccinated people.

Most vaccinated people with breakthrough infections experience mild illness, Dr. William Moss, a vaccine expert at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told the AP.

Giordano said compared to the average COVID-19 death rate in the U.S., “you look at what the vaccines can do, they decrease the risk of death and severe illness by more than 90 percent, 95 percent in the randomized studies.”

Data from May showed nearly all U.S. deaths from the virus were among people who haven’t received the vaccine, AP reporting found. About 99.5% of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky has said.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to address widely shared misinformation, including work with Facebook and other platforms to add context to misleading content and reduce its circulation online.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:20 PM, dmm53 said:

Who is Aaron Rogers and pretty sure the guy in the video is not who you are talking about.  And btw, are you implying that folks shouldn't listen to their doctors?  

34 minutes ago, ionel said:

Who is Aaron Rogers and pretty sure the guy in the video is not who you are talking about.  And btw, are you implying that folks shouldn't listen to their doctors?  

Your sense of humor needs tweaking.

People should listen to their doctors, but Joe Rogan is not a doctor, is he?  I'm guessing that Rodgers never consulted with a reputable doctor, given that he's been taking ivermectin (did a doctor prescribe it, or did he go down to Tractor Supply?), HCQ, and who know what other garbage.  Why isn't everyone listening to Dr. Anthony Fauci, who actually is a doctor?

Fauci then attended Cornell University's Medical College (now Weill Cornell Medicine), graduating first in his class with a Doctor of Medicine degree in 1966.[9] He then did an internship and residency in internal medicine at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center (now Weill Cornell Medical Center).

No, clowns like Aaron Rodgers have to lie about why they are not getting vaccinated (I call BS on the "allergy" bit) and claim they've done their "research."

1 minute ago, klehner said:

People should listen to their doctors, but Joe Rogan is not a doctor, is he?  I'm guessing that Rodgers never consulted with a reputable doctor, given that he's been taking ivermectin (did a doctor prescribe it, or did he go down to Tractor Supply?), HCQ, and who know what other garbage.  Why isn't everyone listening to Dr. Anthony Fauci, who actually is a doctor?

You are "guessing," I was just going by what he said regarding his doctor. Yes he may not have been telling the truth but I have no reason or basis for guessing that to be the case.  Fauci is not his doctor, he is not my doctor and I'm guessing he's not your doctor.   

2 hours ago, klehner said:

No, clowns like Aaron Rodgers have to lie about why they are not getting vaccinated (I call BS on the "allergy" bit) and claim they've done their "research."

You're peddling disproven horse de wormer nonsense. 

Edited by TBar1977

Did Rodgers say his doctor or his medical team?

Also, I believe in the TV interview (which was maybe the third storyline he gave) he said he was allergic to an ingredient in the MRNA vaccine. That might explain why his team said it was more dangerous to take the vaccine than not to take it- except for one thing. Johnson and Johnson isn't an MRNA vaccine!

5 hours ago, dmm53 said:

What the hell does that mean?  If only you were capable of communicating clearly, let alone thinking clearly ...   I don't fear Covid; I'm vaccinated.  And it's not over.  Apparently, you are clueless about what is happening in the world. News Break: the World is not = to the U.S.   I imagine you are indoctrinated by FOX Noise and maybe even Q Anon.  

If your cryptic reference to 99.8% is the following, here are some facts you should apprise yourself of:

CLAIM: If you are unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. If you get vaccinated, you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: Missing context. On average about 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive, but each individual’s chance of dying from the virus will vary depending on their age, whether they have an underlying health condition and whether they are vaccinated. While people who are vaccinated can still get infected, these “breakthrough” cases are rare and vaccines dramatically reduce severe illness and death.

THE FACTS: As of July 23, there were more than 34.3 million known cases of COVID-19 in the United States and 610,370 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That means the case fatality ratio -- or the portion of known cases that result in death in the country -- is 1.8%. In other words, on average, 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive. Because the true number of infections is much larger than just the documented cases, the actual survival rate of all COVID-19 infections is even higher than 98.2%.

A popular tweet this week, however, used the survival statistic without key context. “Unvaccinated, you can get COVID and have over 99% chance of survival. Get vaccinated and you can STILL get COVID and will still have over 99% chance of survival,” reads the tweet.

The message is misleading. The average for the entire country cannot be used to calculate an individual’s chance of dying from the virus. The likelihood that a COVID-19 infection will result in death increases with age and if the patient has a pre-existing condition..

Dr. Thomas Giordano, professor of medicine and section chief of infectious diseases at Baylor College of Medicine, said the tweet ignores the fact that many people who survive COVID-19 have long-term symptoms, and that people who survive it can spread the disease to high risk patients who will not be as lucky.

“One in 500 people in the U.S. has died from COVID. To try to trivialize it and say it’s nothing, it doesn’t matter, I think it’s just a gross mischaracterization of what we are all living through,” Giordano told The Associated Press in a call.

Furthermore, vaccinated people are far less likely to become severely ill or die from COVID-19 compared to unvaccinated people.

Most vaccinated people with breakthrough infections experience mild illness, Dr. William Moss, a vaccine expert at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told the AP.

Giordano said compared to the average COVID-19 death rate in the U.S., “you look at what the vaccines can do, they decrease the risk of death and severe illness by more than 90 percent, 95 percent in the randomized studies.”

Data from May showed nearly all U.S. deaths from the virus were among people who haven’t received the vaccine, AP reporting found. About 99.5% of all deaths from COVID-19 are in the unvaccinated, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky has said.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to address widely shared misinformation, including work with Facebook and other platforms to add context to misleading content and reduce its circulation online.

The average age of death for COVID in America is 78 years old which is older then the average age life expectancy in the us you are just being a drama queen at this point 

Edited by Antitroll2828

2 hours ago, klehner said:

Aaron Rodgers has a medical team that he pays over 6 figures a year including one doctor from Harvard,  you on the other hand are a random nobody on the internet who probably makes decisions based on what you see on tv, also you either didn’t watch the interview ( so you re ignorantly posting) or you did watch and decided to just lie to get your point across…. Dr Fauci has been wrong constantly for the past 30/40s years about basically everything , he’s a complete stranger to you, you don’t know him, Aaron Rodgers knows his doctors …so I’ll go with the guy who doesn’t blindly trust a non practicing tv doctor 

52 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Aaron Rodgers has a medical team that he pays over 6 figures a year including one doctor from Harvard,  you on the other hand are a random nobody on the internet who probably makes decisions based on what you see on tv, also you either didn’t watch the interview ( so you re ignorantly posting) or you did watch and decided to just lie to get your point across…. Dr Fauci has been wrong constantly for the past 30/40s years about basically everything , he’s a complete stranger to you, you don’t know him, Aaron Rodgers knows his doctors …so I’ll go with the guy who doesn’t blindly trust a non practicing tv doctor 

I call BS on that, as well.  No *reputable* physician would prescribe ivermectin or HCQ, or any of the other nonsense he's taking.  Being from Harvard, if that is true, means nothing as we've seen idiots from all over.  I make decisions based on the evidence, as presented by *known* experts in their fields; Aaron Rodgers does not, so this "random nobody on the internet" has that over Aaron Rodgers, it seems.  Rodgers used a homeopathic "remedy"?  He's an idiot if he thinks that would do anything, and any doctor who suggested he use it should be stripped of their medical license (assuming they still have it).  He thinks the new drugs from Merck and Pfizer are just "expensive versions of ivermectin"?  He's an idiot for that, as well.  Heck, just read https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/scicheck-aaron-rodgers-inaccurate-covid-19-claims/ for examples of what an idiot he is.

Rodgers said he assembled “my medical team,” which included “some amazing minds,” including “Harvard M.D.s,” “holistic doctors” and “homeopaths.” 

Did I say he's an idiot?  I meant he's a lying f***ing idiot.  Funny how you tout his "medical team" that he says includes Harvard MDs, but leave out the homeopath bit.

Dr. Fauci has *not* been wrong constantly.  Turn off Faux News for a change.

From the National Library of Medicine at the National Institute of Health

Ivermectin as a SARS-CoV-2 Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Method in Healthcare Workers: A Propensity Score-Matched Retrospective Cohort Study

Results: In 28 days of follow-up, significant protection of ivermectin preventing the infection from SARS-CoV-2 was observed: 1.8% compared to those who did not take it (6.6%; p-value = 0.006), with a risk reduction of 74% (HR 0.26, 95% CI [0.10,0.71]). Conclusions: These results suggest that compassionate use of weekly ivermectin could be an option as a preventive method in healthcare workers and as an adjunct to immunizations, while further well-designed randomized controlled trials are developed to facilitate scientific consensus.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34513523/

Role of ivermectin in the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers in India: A matched case-control study

Results: Ivermectin prophylaxis was taken by 76 controls and 41 cases. Two-dose ivermectin prophylaxis (AOR 0.27, 95% CI, 0.15-0.51) was associated with a 73% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers for the following month. Those involved in physical activity (AOR 3.06 95% CI, 1.18-7.93) for more than an hour/day were more likely to contract SARS-CoV-2 infection. Type of household, COVID duty, single-dose ivermectin prophylaxis, vitamin-C prophylaxis and hydroxychloroquine prophylaxis were not associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Conclusion: Two-dose ivermectin prophylaxis at a dose of 300 μg/kg with a gap of 72 hours was associated with a 73% reduction of SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers for the following month. Chemoprophylaxis has relevance in the containment of pandemic.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

34 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

stuff

Typical attempt at cherry-picking:  find a couple of studies whose reliability you don't understand that seem to show what you want, and dismiss the *scores* of other, more reliable studies that show the opposite.  Well done.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ivermectin-is-the-new-hydroxychloroquine-take-6-incompetence-and-fraud-everywhere/

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Typical attempt at cherry-picking:  find a couple of studies whose reliability you don't understand that seem to show what you want, and dismiss the *scores* of other, more reliable studies that show the opposite.  Well done.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ivermectin-is-the-new-hydroxychloroquine-take-6-incompetence-and-fraud-everywhere/

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809

As soon as you mention Tractor Supply you get dangerously close to horse de wormer territory and you deserve to be responded to.  Horses are given aspirin too, so if Aaron Rogers takes aspirin is he taking horse medicine? 

I have no idea if Ivermectin works or does not work for Covid, but there are obviously studies that made their way into NIH literature to suggest it can. Why don't you go find those who did the study and set them straight. I'm sure they want to hear from you since you are the expert. 

And btw, noted left wing icon Bill Gates just 2 days ago all but admitted what had to have been obvious for quite some time now to any clear thinking person, that the vaccine barely does anything to prevent transmission. I couldn't care less that Aaron Rogers did what he did. I am close to being just as likely to catch Covid from the double masked idiot driving alone in the hybrid electric he needed a mortgage to purchase and who has taken three jabs now as I am from someone like Aaron Rogers. 

Edited by TBar1977

On 11/11/2021 at 5:53 AM, cjc007 said:

Covid is over...

Dude there are more people dying every day at my wife’s hospital of Covid then there HAS EVER  BEEN, and it’s not even close.

I was one those people who scoffed at what i would read and hear about how bad it used to be because i have a front line witness to it all, and none of it used to match up.

Now it does, every day there’s a new story or string of them. It def matches up present day whether you want to hear that or not.

And a small % are vaccinated people, albeit immunocompromised. Large % are unvaccinated who are dying.. AND MANY 40-50 years old.

God strike me dead I’m telling you the truth and not embellishing at all.