Jimmy Cinnabon

Michael Beard

15 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

The CEO of one drug maker thinks people who spread misinformation about vaccines are criminals because 100's of thousands of people have died. Who gets to decide what is information and what is misinformation? What if he applied this same standard to the USDA? The military complex? The Media? Congress? 

The guy should stick to trying to make medicine that actually works as advertised as he is obviously no legal scholar. 

Who trusts that drug maker?  
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/pfizer-fined-23-billion-illegal-marketing-off-label/story?id=8477617
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-largest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Ohio State seems like the most obvious candidate among top teams that could use an incoming Beard transfer.  Stanford is another, but who knows what Beard's academic situation is like and whether he could get in.  

He was originally slated to go to Northwestern so academically I’m sure he’s capable.

Realistically, Beard should have probably transferred before the season started. Cael knew what he had and brought in somebody better, as he tends to do when people don’t perform up to expectations. I get that the wrestler mentality is to try to stay and fight for the spot, but when your coach loses confidence in you, the writing is on the wall. 

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Ohio State seems like the most obvious candidate among top teams that could use an incoming Beard transfer.  Stanford is another, but who knows what Beard's academic situation is like and whether he could get in.  

Can you really transfer mid-semester? How about mid-year (after the first semester, but before the second) and wrestle right away?

7 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Yes, mid-year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, kinda crazy. I guess it's good for the athletes, but: In this case, we are talking about a kid who lost his spot, but what's to stop a Penn State from recruiting the best kid from another team to shore up the one weak spot in its lineup? And if that kid left his team to join Penn State, the transferee team would have no recourse. Is that right?

19 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Beard had two MD's and TF today.

I think Beard and Dean are similar.  Brawlers from neutral who shoot a lot and excel at wearing opponents down with high work rate, heavy hands, and forward pressure (more than speed and motion).  Both have a variety of attacks and set ups.  Both are beast on top and dangerous to score with turns - Dean's seemed a little more brutal this weekend.  Beard seems a little larger in frame.  Beard's ass-kick pace seems to rev at about 8 of 10, very good for a 197 lber.  I thought Brown from Army was a high pace wrestlers, but seemed like he could not keep up with Beard. Dean's ass-kick pace on Saturday was at 10 of 10.  He is one intense wrestler and seems to be pissed off at something.  

4 minutes ago, Elevator said:

I think Beard and Dean are similar.  Brawlers from neutral who shoot a lot and excel at wearing opponents down with high work rate, heavy hands, and forward pressure (more than speed and motion).  Both have a variety of attacks and set ups.  Both are beast on top and dangerous to score with turns - Dean's seemed a little more brutal this weekend.  Beard seems a little larger in frame.  Beard's ass-kick pace seems to rev at about 8 of 10, very good for a 197 lber.  I thought Brown from Army was a high pace wrestlers, but seemed like he could not keep up with Beard. Dean's ass-kick pace on Saturday was at 10 of 10.  He is one intense wrestler and seems to be pissed off at something.  

The world.

EDIT: Also possibley Chris Foca

Edited by nhs67

17 minutes ago, DanGerMan said:

Why Foca? 

I'm guessing there was some thought that Foca was going to 184 and could beat Dean.  Pretty much disproved by now, but who knows? at the time.  Foca did beat Dean in freestyle this year the one time they met.

2 hours ago, klehner said:

I'm guessing there was some thought that Foca was going to 184 and could beat Dean.  Pretty much disproved by now, but who knows? at the time.  Foca did beat Dean in freestyle this year the one time they met.

I was being a smarty pants.  I knew the plan was Foca at 174 all along.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, NJDan said:

Wow, kinda crazy. I guess it's good for the athletes, but: In this case, we are talking about a kid who lost his spot, but what's to stop a Penn State from recruiting the best kid from another team to shore up the one weak spot in its lineup? And if that kid left his team to join Penn State, the transferee team would have no recourse. Is that right?

It has happened both ways at PSU:

• Nathan Galloway to Rider (a True Frosh named Bubba Jenkins replaced Galloway in the lineup as an undersized 157)
  • Andrew Long from Iowa State to PSU (securing necessary pts at 133 to win a team title)
Edited by lu_alum

46 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

It has happened both ways at PSU:

• Nathan Galloway to Rider (a True Frosh named Bubba Jenkins replaced Galloway in the lineup as an undersized 157)
  • Andrew Long from Iowa State to PSU (securing necessary pts at 133 to win a team title)

But it used to be harder to transfer-- you had to sit for a while and you could not do it mid-year. Isn't that right?

But it used to be harder to transfer-- you had to sit for a while and you could not do it mid-year. Isn't that right?

Galloway competed for PSU in the Fall semester & Rider in the Spring semester. 2006-2007

Long was dismissed from the team at Iowa State in June 2010, attended classes at ISU in the Fall semester, and then transferred to PSU and joined the team in January 2011.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk