DocBZ

Ohio State Recruiting on Roll...

Luke Geog committed today who is underrated IMO.

Pretty Amazing that Ohio State got 6 out of 7 in this pic that was posted back in June. L to R, Feldman, Mendez, Bouzakis, Rogers, Brown, Geog, Shumate. And this is just the 2022 class. They already have Rocco Welsh and Vinny Kilkeary in 2023 and the Williams twins out of PA in 2024.

Ohio-State-wrestling.jpg

The bucks have the facilities, the staff, and the recent successes under Ryan to attract talent.  Being a part of something that can challenge for titles and dethrone the PSU/Iowa juggernaut is intriguing for a lot of kids coming out of HS.  All the ingredients are there.

Will the strategy pan out?  Time will tell...

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Given this insane recruiting class Tom Ryan will be expected to deliver a team title in the next 2-3 years I'd say

I believe NCAA’s is coming to Cleveland in a few more years.  Not quite in Ohio St. backyard, it would be nice for them to possibly win the title in state. 

11 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

I believe NCAA’s is coming to Cleveland in a few more years.  Not quite in Ohio St. backyard, it would be nice for them to possibly win the title in state. 

Didn't work out great last time. Lets Go Bucks!

7 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Given this insane recruiting class Tom Ryan will be expected to deliver a team title in the next 2-3 years I'd say

Agreed.  IMO, one to three titles is now expected.  Anything less would be bad.

Edited by Katie

6 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Less than what?  One, or three?  

No doubt, the expectation for this group is to compete for and win titles.  Both individually and as a team.  

As far as I know, zero is the only possible number of titles that is less than 1, 2, and 3.

26 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Classy move by Coach Ryan to add one more  kid to the class of 2022....

We are thrilled to add Broderick Harris (2003-2014) and his family to our program as honorary members of this historic recruiting class. Broderick was an intelligent young man with a passion for wrestling and a drive for excellence #GoBucks

9 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

We are thrilled to add Broderick Harris (2003-2014) and his family to our program as honorary members of this historic recruiting class. Broderick was an intelligent young man with a passion for wrestling and a drive for excellence #GoBucks

Tom Ryan won the day. Very nice tribute to this young man.