Elevator

Princeton Lineup

Seems that the Tigers have a dual with Iowa in 9 days.  As best I can tell from recent results and roster, this could be the lineup:

125 Glory

133 Masters/Kayal

141 Mann

149 Keller

157 Monday

165 Cuomo

174 Squires

185 Stefanik

197 Stout

285 Delgarbino

Will Iowa be ready?

7 minutes ago, Elevator said:

Seems that the Tigers have a dual with Iowa in 9 days.  As best I can tell from recent results and roster, this could be the lineup:

125 Glory

133 Masters/Kayal

141 Mann

149 Keller

157 Monday

165 Cuomo

174 Squires

185 Stefanik

197 Stout

285 Delgarbino

Will Iowa be ready?

doubtful, I takes old guys a lot longer to warm up and get ready  ;)

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Their only shot at scoring, providing Iowa brings their 'A' list starters, is Monday over Brands at 157.  I still favor Brands right now, though.

Tough match but do you mean Young, I think Young may be the most over-rated rassler in all of D1..... but it's a coin toss..  but also I would favor Monday

Edited by spladle08

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Tough match but do you mean Young, I think Young may be the most over-rated rassler in all of D1..... but it's a coin toss..  but also I would favor Monday

Kaleb Brands.

It is known that Brands took the Brands last name rather than his wife taking his former last name of Young (which would now be Old amirite?).

Also Brands is not overrated.  You can't put a value on a grinder like that.  Those of better athleticism or skill may look more flashy and make it look like it should be one sided, but grinders like Brands don't know how to stop punching you in the teeth. 

People who have wrestled him in the past don't wake up on match days going "I look forward to my match with Kaleb Brands tonight." 

Just now, nhs67 said:

Also Brands is not overrated.  You can't put a value on a grinder like that.  Those of better athleticism or skill may look more flashy and make it look like it should be one sided, but grinders like Brands don't know how to stop punching you in the teeth. 

People who have wrestled him in the past don't wake up on match days going "I look forward to my match with Kaleb Brands tonight." 

I meant over-rated as in, being ranked in the top 5 consistently with fringe top 10 talent. 

Two time AA with two wins over Ryan Deakin.  Not a lot of guys with better resumes at the weight.
I wasn't aware. Guess I just see all his close matches. Especially the battles with OSUs great Wyatt Sheets and I think "he's not that good" ... Tough.... But I'd probably bet anyone even money he doesn't place top 6.

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
4 minutes ago, VakAttack said:
Two time AA with two wins over Ryan Deakin.  Not a lot of guys with better resumes at the weight.

I wasn't aware. Guess I just see all his close matches. Especially the battles with OSUs great Wyatt Sheets and I think "he's not that good" ... Tough.... But I'd probably bet anyone even money he doesn't place top 6.

I'm aware he's not the most fun guy in the world to watch.  He's placed 5th and 7th, though, nothing to sneeze at.  Not counting the COVID "rankings all american" year, obviously.

I'm aware he's not the most fun guy in the world to watch.  He's placed 5th and 7th, though, nothing to sneeze at.  Not counting the COVID "rankings all american" year, obviously.
He's tough for sure. Probably adequately-rated and I just scoffed for no reason. . apologies to Young.

Just now, spladle08 said:
1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

He's tough for sure. Probably adequately-rated and I just scoffed for no reason. . apologies to Young.

It's ok.  I get the inclination.  Like I said, not fun to watch either for fans of opposing teams, or for Iowa fans, where he can be incredibly frustrating.

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

I meant over-rated as in, being ranked in the top 5 consistently with fringe top 10 talent. 

Talent doesn't exist.  BLESSASKREN

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

You think Iowa will wrestle Spencer against Glory?  

Actually no.  That is a good point.  The other side of the argument is that Glory may not wrestle, due to resting from U23s.

So, I should reiterate my statement.

AT FULL STRENGTH

Princeton only has a chance at 157.

Without Lee, they are favored at 125(heavily) and have a chance at 157. 

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Talent doesn't exist.  BLESSASKREN

Actually no.  That is a good point.  The other side of the argument is that Glory may not wrestle, due to resting from U23s.

So, I should reiterate my statement.

AT FULL STRENGTH

Princeton only has a chance at 157.

Without Lee, they are favored at 125(heavily) and have a chance at 157. 

Iowa could also sit Big Cass, as he is also coming back from U23's and there is no chance they lose the dual.  If that's the case, Princeton could win 125, 157, 184, and 285.

anyone saying "Kaleb Brands" is an  inarticulate bully at heart. 

Its just a gross way of implying that young is a sleazy person who would court the coach's daughter for superficial personal gain, and that Brands is too dumb too see through such a lame scheme. there is no evidence of either.

Edited by hammerlockthree

49 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Iowa could also sit Big Cass, as he is also coming back from U23's and there is no chance they lose the dual.  If that's the case, Princeton could win 125, 157, 184, and 285.

Well that'd leave Iowa just two old guys forgetting weigh in time away from losing the meet.

Edited by ionel