Gantry

Luther Open

On 11/14/2021 at 12:49 AM, Plasmodium said:

Iowa with the annual drubbing of the Little Sisters of the Poor. Let's go Brands!

Alabama played the likes of Mercer(7-2, but in the Southern Conference and a FCS school, sort of equivalent to a Wartburg) and Southern Miss(1-9 and 0-6 in the AAC) in 2 of the first 3 games.  Hell, they just played 1-9 New Mexico State and they aren't even in a Conference.

The above seems to work out for them just about every year...

22 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Alabama played the likes of Mercer(7-2, but in the Southern Conference and a FCS school, sort of equivalent to a Wartburg) and Southern Miss(1-9 and 0-6 in the AAC) in 2 of the first 3 games.  Hell, they just played 1-9 New Mexico State and they aren't even in a Conference.

So.................     

24 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I heard Nick Saban wanted to visit Carlsbad Cavern. 

2 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

So.................     

Nick Saban is pretty close to being considered the best DI Football Coach of ALL TIME.  So................I am not sure I would use this type of a schedule to knock a HC.  When you compete in, BY FAR, the toughest conference in your respective sport, some warm up competitions aren't a bad idea and it actually HELPS those other teams get some notoriety and even a boost or 2 in recruiting!

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Nick Saban is pretty close to being considered the best DI Football Coach of ALL TIME.  So................I am not sure I would use this type of a schedule to knock a HC.  When you compete in, BY FAR, the toughest conference in your respective sport, some warm up competitions aren't a bad idea and it actually HELPS those other teams get some notoriety and even a boost or 2 in recruiting!

I am just stating a fact and cheering our Hawkeyes on. Iowa has drubbed some DIIIs and the season has begun!