Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jerseywrestling

Penn State Wrestling LIVE 11/13 vs Sacred Heart and Oregon State

Recommended Posts

PSU vs SHU @ 5:30PM ET, PSU vs Oregon State @ 7PMET, November 13, 2021

36e96160-ed0d-407a-95c3-fbb9a3598cf9

LIVE WRESTLING on Rokfin!

Potential Lineups

https://rokfin.com/article/6540/Penn-State-vs-SHU-and-Oregon-State-Lineups?affiliate_id=23520

Penn State vs. Sacred Heart (5:30pm ET)

125lbs: Brandon Meredith (Penn State) vs. Sean Faraon
133lbs: #1 RBY (Penn State) vs. Kyle Randall
141lbs: #2 Nick Lee (Penn State) vs. Jordan Carlucci
149lbs: Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs. Shaun Williams
157lbs: #24 Joe Lee (Penn State) vs. Nick Palumbo
165lbs: #32 Alex Facundo (Penn State) vs. Cole McGill
174lbs: #1 Carter Starocci (Penn State) vs. Josepth Accousti
184lbs: #1 Aaron Brooks (Penn State) vs. Robert Hetherman
197lbs: #4 Max Dean (Penn State) vs. Dante DelBonis
HWT: #5 Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) vs. Mark Blokh

Penn State vs. Oregon State (7pm ET)

125lbs: Brandon Meredith (Penn State) vs. #29 Brandon Kaylor
133lbs: #1 RBY (Penn State) vs. #20 Devan Turner
141lbs: #2 Nick Lee (Penn State) vs. #10 Grant Willits
149lbs: Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs. #24 Cory Crooks
157lbs: #24 Joe Lee (Penn State) vs. #15 Hunter Willits
165lbs: #32 Alex Facundo (Penn State) vs. Mathew Olguin
174lbs: #1 Carter Starocci (Penn State) vs. #17 Trey Munos 
184lbs: #1 Aaron Brooks (Penn State) vs. #16 Ryan Reyes
197lbs: #4 Max Dean (Penn State) vs. Tanner Harvey
HWT: #5 Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) vs. #24 Gary Traub

Live Stream Link

https://rokfin.com/stream/10822?affiliate_id=23520

Best Wrestlers in Penn State History

https://www.jerseywrestling.com/news.php?story=Best Wrestlers in Penn State History

Best Wrestlers in Oregon State History

https://www.jerseywrestling.com/news.php?story=Best Wrestlers in Oregon State History

Best Wrestlers in Sacred Heart History

https://www.jerseywrestling.com/ncaa_team_profile.php?team=Sacred Heart

NCAA Rankings

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/ncaa_rankings.php

===

Like and follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/jerseywrestling/

Edited by jerseywrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shunk by TF

RBY by FALL

Nick Lee by FALL

Bartlett by 13-3 Maj. 

Palumbo for SH beats Blumer for PSU

Chreighton Edsell dropped down from 184 last year to 165 this year and won 11-3. 

Starocci was leading 14-2 when he won by FALL at about 0:45 left in period 1. Carter looked like a dog on a bone going for that pin.  He is looking very good. 

SH has an NCAA qualifier at 184 in Joe Accousti. Brooks wins 23-8 with a late TD to get the TF. 

Dean with an 18-0 first period TF. Only 1 TD and 4 turns for 4 points each. 

Kerkvliet led 15-5 when he got a FALL. Last year before he got hurt he was all ankle picks. He had a lot more diverse offense tonite. Looks healthy again. 

 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSU vs Oregon State

Best match up is Beau Bartlett at 149 vs  a ranked guy in Cory Crooks.  Gas Tank Gary is at Hwt for OSU. Looks like no Joe Lee or Alex Facundo tonite. 

125 Brandon Kaylor of OSU wins it 16-9 Baylor Shunk is taller this year, but just as skinny as before and the strength disadvantage is noticeable.  Still, he sort of gassed Kaylor and got 3 TD's in the 3rd to not give up bonus.

133 RBY wins 8-3. Shaner stalemated like 4 or 5 shots and tied up the rest of the time. 

141 Pair of top 10's. Nick Lee vs Grant Willits. Nick Lee's knee just got tweaked early in his match. Trainer looking at it. He will continue. Nick Lee wins 11-4. He had 5 TD's, but there were another 5 near TD's barely avoided by Willits including one he gave up about a half second after time ran out. Lee looked fine on the tweaked knee. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ionel said:

Didnt know you are a big Cowboy fan, good for you!!  :)

 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Garth is cool. We got a whole lotta Kountry between Philly and Pittsburgh. 

It's called Pennsyltucky....PA is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

149 Corey Crooks is a 6th year collegian. Let's see what Bartlett has for him. Bartlett looks bigger than last year, but 0-0 after 1. Crooks is riding Bartlett hard. Over a minute before the ESC. Bartlett returns the favor by riding Crooks for 2 minutes! 1-0 Beau Bartlett. Wow. 

157 Hunter Willits vs Joey Blumer. Willits heavily favored. Willits by MAJ.

165 Edsell for PSU was tied at 3-3 with Olguin and then he got a power half for four swipes. Edsell won 7-3. 

PSU should cruise at these next weights.

Starocci's speed and movement are really something. Win by TF halfway thru period 2. Look out 174 lbs. class. 

Brooks by FALL at 1:23 into the match. Headlock, FALL. 

Max Dean is working a bent leg turk tonite. I'd like to see him get a tighter ankle lock to make that work more efficient. Getting a whole bunch of quick leg attacks and go behinds. Dean wins 16-3. 

 

Hwt Kerkvliet wins 16-0. 2-0 after 1. GTG chooses down and Kerkvliet turns him 2x for four swipes each. Greg chose top and kept turning GTG. 

Edited by TBar1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I am a bit upset that the turncoat anti-vax Dean is doing so well.

Does that also mean you are happy that the vacine crazy Berkley Bears football team had to cancel a game due to covid outbreak?  Likewise are you thrilled that vacinated QB Ben Roethlisberger is out this weekend due to covid?  ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Shunk by TF

RBY by FALL

Nick Lee by FALL

Bartlett by 13-3 Maj. 

Palumbo for SH beats Blumer for PSU

Chreighton Edsell dropped down from 184 last year to 165 this year and won 11-3. 

Starocci was leading 14-2 when he won by FALL at about 0:45 left in period 1. Carter looked like a dog on a bone going for that pin.  He is looking very good. 

SH has an NCAA qualifier at 184 in Joe Accousti. Brooks wins 23-8 with a late TD to get the TF. 

Dean with an 18-0 first period TF. Only 1 TD and 4 turns for 4 points each. 

Kerkvliet led 15-5 when he got a FALL. Last year before he got hurt he was all ankle picks. He had a lot more diverse offense tonite. Looks healthy again. 

 

Anything less than 50-0 should be considered a loss for the 'Nits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, portajohn said:

 

It's called Pennsyltucky....PA is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between

Indeed.

Most of PA, geographically, is Appalachia. Pittsburgh is the biggest city in all of Appalachia, and it’s size means it reliably defies a lot of stereotypes about Appalachia.

The southeast corner of PA is not Appalachia, but plenty of people there are blue collar and conservative. Of course, Philly is in that corner.

Interestingly, I think more of PA’s land area qualifies as Appalachia than Alabama’s.

Edited by Katie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Katie said:

Indeed.

Most of PA, geographically, is Appalachia. Pittsburgh is the biggest city in all of Appalachia, and it’s size means it reliably defies a lot of stereotypes about Appalachia.

The southeast corner of PA is not Appalachia, but plenty of people there are blue collar and conservative. Of course, Philly is in that corner.

Interestingly, I think more of PA’s land area qualifies as Appalachia than Alabama’s.

Maybe I need to come visit again, thought PA was just a big spread out Philly.  If wanted to go to Philly be easier to just go to Chicago instead.  Alabama is nice so ...   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ionel said:

Does that also mean you are happy that the vacine crazy Berkley Bears football team had to cancel a game due to covid outbreak?  Likewise are you thrilled that vacinated QB Ben Roethlisberger is out this weekend due to covid?  ;_;

No, I don't wish that anyone get Covid. What stupid questions.

Of course, the best way to avoid getting it-- though not foolproof--is to get vaccinated. Engaging in an activity like wrestling w/o a vaccine seems psychotic. That's why I expect that Max will get it, though I am not hoping he does. Of course, given his physical condition, he likely will not get very bad symptoms.

 

 

Edited by NJDan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NJDan said:

No, I don't wish that anyone get Covid. What stupid questions.

Of course, the best way to avoid getting it-- though not foolproof--is to get vaccinated. Engaging in an activity like wrestling w/o a vaccine seems psychotic. That's why I expect that Max will get it, though I am not hoping he does. Of course, given his physical condition, he likely will not get very bad symptoms.

 

 

Yet you are "upset" that an "anti-vaxer" (even though you don't know that is accurate) is doing well ... odd.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ugarte said:

that was a "joke" because max left Cornell. jfc dude get a grip.

Fair point, I am more upset that he left Cornell. But I am also upset about the reason he left, which I believe is due to his being an anti-vaxer, which has been widely reported, even if many of the reports focus on Gabe instead of Max.

 

Edited by NJDan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...