Bronco

Jonathan Fagen ?

Have not been able to get any information on this. My thoughts are that Fagan concentrated on Greco a lot over the past year with Cornell sitting last year out.  He wrestled world championships over the summer. Maybe they are just protecting him for a bit until he gets back on top of his folk-style game?

Edited by gobraves101905

7 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

It’s too bad. ASU just can’t seem to get a solid lineup that doesn’t have a couple huge holes each year. 

It’s super frustrating.

I do think the team overall is performing well this year. Parco looks even better that I expected. I think he might take out Sasso. 

8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Anyway Nick Reenan could come out west for a semester? Noticed he’s down at 184 ;)

I like Reenan but has been on the mat this season? 

Edited by TexRef

On 11/15/2021 at 10:59 AM, RegularStalling said:

I would like to think its injury or weight related. If he can't beat out their current options, the chances of them qualifying that weight are close to zero. 

wouldn't the current option at his weight be Kordell Norfleet? No shame in taking the silver behind Kordell. Or is the thinking that Fagen will drop to 184 where ASU really really reeeeeeeally needs help?

1 hour ago, Bardamu911 said:

wouldn't the current option at his weight be Kordell Norfleet? No shame in taking the silver behind Kordell. Or is the thinking that Fagen will drop to 184 where ASU really really reeeeeeeally needs help?

Was the thinking. Sounds like he’s injured though.

1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

Or 184 for that matter. For all the depth ASU has at the low/middle weights they are about as thin as any D1 program from 165 up. Doesn’t seem like reinforcements are coming in the near future either.

is Cael Valencia as promising as his brothers? could be an bright spot at 174 next season 

1 hour ago, Bardamu911 said:

is Cael Valencia as promising as his brothers? could be an bright spot at 174 next season 

He started wrestling at a much older age than his brothers. He did show dramatic jumps in high school, so that’s certainly a good sign. 

I’m not as high on him as the rest of the ASU fans on this forum, but hoping for the best. 

8 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Or 184 for that matter. For all the depth ASU has at the low/middle weights they are about as thin as any D1 program from 165 up. Doesn’t seem like reinforcements are coming in the near future either.

ASU doesn’t have much at 174 and 184 as it shows this season. Coleman is a bust. Valencia will be solid but probably red shirts this year. Wilner and Norfleet have potential at 165. I think the 141-157 guys all move up eventually. 

3 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

ASU doesn’t have much at 174 and 184 as it shows this season. Coleman is a bust. Valencia will be solid but probably red shirts this year. Wilner and Norfleet have potential at 165. I think the 141-157 guys all move up eventually. 

I think Vasquez/Parco will stay put for the duration of their careers. Gotta think Teemer moves up to 165 at some point and one of Kilic/Larkin goes 157. Have to utilize that middle weight depth somehow. Wilner is interesting but I don’t think has a high enough ceiling to be their long term solution. Zeke legitimately shouldn’t recruit anyone below 157 for the next 2-3 years. 

Edited by RegularStalling

On 11/15/2021 at 8:55 AM, Bronco said:

Referring to me as "the lead technical authority on everything PAC 12" is about as accurate as saying Joe Biden is competent and sound of mind.

He's an old dude - not sharp as he was.

But still 1000x better than that hateful self-important Trump clown. It's been a big upgrade.

He's an old dude - not sharp as he was.
But still 1000x better than that hateful self-important Trump clown. It's been a big upgrade.
Not a trump fan but how has Biden been an upgrade?
Gas prices are up, prices in general are way up.
Stores have empty shelves.
Businesses can't find employees.
Left the Taliban a bunch of equipment.
Less division amongst the citizens?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Because some people can't look past the "D" or the "R" and think about things for what they are. 

You can not like someone but like their policies and vice versa.  It's ok to vote for a certain side most of the time but be critical of the current representative.  It's ok to vote for someone and then realize it was a bad choice. 

The blind following of one side or the other is so scary.  If you can't see Trump was/is an A-hole then you are following blindly.  If you can't see Biden is really struggling then you are following blindly.  And people often forget that the majority of the population is in the middle and can slide one way or the other depending on the year and the candidate.  Sad part is all we hear about are the extremes.

By the way...ASU will be over hyped again this year...and this is coming from a place of wanting them to succeed.