Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Intermat Rankings

What do you all think of the rankings to start the year? I thought I heard that Tariq Wilson was back this year but did not see him in the rankings, anyone know if he is done? Yianni at 149 seems to be confirmed? LOL @ Marinelli being ranked 2nd after not finishing top 8 last year (yeah yeah, he injury defaulted out, but he should still be below all of the returning AAs by default). 

Any other interesting notes that caught your eyes?

Things that caught my eye:

* 133:  Madrigal... i have a feeling he may rise a little further as the season goes on, from his current 9th position

* 141:  No Buckeye listed.  I think both Decatur and D'Emilio should be in the top 33... sure, the bottom of the list somewhere, but definitely in the list. 

* 149:  I think Andonian will sneak up the list a bit, Parco will fall a bit.  Blockhus at 28 will rise in my opinion.

* 165:  Kharchla at 10... May be too high right now based on how close his results have been against non-top 33 competition.

* 174:  Hidlay at 5... he's up 2 weight classes, and will be interesting to see how he holds up against the size of his new competition.  Foca at 9... I think he rises a bit

* 197:  Hoffman at 24.  I think he has some upside based on his results so far this season, and will rise a bit.

* HWT:  Seeing the rankings of the Top 5 just reminds me how good that Top 5 really is.  Wow...

4 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Things that caught my eye:

* 133:  Madrigal... i have a feeling he may rise a little further as the season goes on, from his current 9th position

* 141:  No Buckeye listed.  I think both Decatur and D'Emilio should be in the top 33... sure, the bottom of the list somewhere, but definitely in the list. 

* 149:  I think Andonian will sneak up the list a bit, Parco will fall a bit.  Blockhus at 28 will rise in my opinion.

* 165:  Kharchla at 10... May be too high right now based on how close his results have been against non-top 33 competition.

* 174:  Hidlay at 5... he's up 2 weight classes, and will be interesting to see how he holds up against the size of his new competition.  Foca at 9... I think he rises a bit

* 197:  Hoffman at 24.  I think he has some upside based on his results so far this season, and will rise a bit.

* HWT:  Seeing the rankings of the Top 5 just reminds me how good that Top 5 really is.  Wow...

Heavyweight is the deepest it's been in many years IMO. Top talent is TOUGH.