Sign in to follow this  
jerseywrestling

North Carolina vs Nebraska LIVE TONIGHT on BTN Wednesday, November 17, 2021

I mentioned this in a thread a few months ago, but I really think O’Connor is going to struggle with the added horse power that comes with 157, especially based on how he wrestles. He could really physically impose his will on other 149s. He won’t be able to do that as much as 157.

I'd heard the name but I haven't seen Kizhan Clarke wrestle until tonight, and man, that dude is a gigantic 141.  I had a feeling about Lovett and Robb getting upsets, well, maybe not Robb, but I at least figured it'd be close with Peyton down a weight and in shape from his world championships training whereas AOC is up a weight and getting used to 157.

19 minutes ago, Konquest said:

I'd heard the name but I haven't seen Kizhan Clarke wrestle until tonight, and man, that dude is a gigantic 141.  I had a feeling about Lovett and Robb getting upsets, well, maybe not Robb, but I at least figured it'd be close with Peyton down a weight and in shape from his world championships training whereas AOC is up a weight and getting used to 157.

He wrestled 157 is 2019 and 149 in 2020 before sitting out last season 

If he can handle the cut he can AA

Edited by Antitroll2828

9 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He wrestled 157 is 2019 and 149 in 2020 before sitting out last season 

If he can handle the cut he can AA

Another fun fact about Clarke is in the 2019-2020 season he gave O’Connor all he wanted in a quad dual. O’Connor won something like 5-3 in sudden victory, but Clarke had him dead to rights a few times during the 3rd period. O’Connor only lost to Lugo that season and outside of Lugo, Clarke was his best opponent. I can imagine Coleman Scott and crew remembered that match well when Clarke wanted to transfer and UNC had immediate interest.

9 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Another fun fact about Clarke is in the 2019-2020 season he gave O’Connor all he wanted in a quad dual. O’Connor won something like 5-3 in sudden victory, but Clarke had him dead to rights a few times during the 3rd period. O’Connor only lost to Lugo that season and outside of Lugo, Clarke was his best opponent. I can imagine Coleman Scott and crew remembered that match well when Clarke wanted to transfer and UNC had immediate interest.

Yea he had a really strong 2020 year, sucks he lost ncaas to COVID…he can stay in there and wrestle with anyone outside the top 3 at 141 

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Wrestlestat has it 26-10 in favor of Nebraska.  That sounds about right.

North Carolina absolutely can win the first six matches of this dual, as well as heavyweight.

Moore at 125 and Clarke at 141 are all very live underdogs.  They are favored at 133, 149, and 157.  After Wilson's(165) loss to D2 AA Matthew Malcolm (5th last year) of Nebraska-Kearny I am labelling 165 as a tossup.  I am also all aboard the Whitman train at 285 and labelling that a tossup as well.  Nebraska is more likely to bonus 174, 184, and 197 than they are to lose any of those matches.  This is with ALL expected starters in.

North Carolina has a clear path to win seven matches.

I don't think they will.

I think North Carolina will win the first five matches.  All via decision.  I think Wilson gets them back on track with a major.  then Labs, Venz, and Schultzy all get majors as well.  They enter the final match of the dual with the score 15-16 in favor of the Huskers.  I know Lance is favored, but my boy Whitman will bring this home for the Tar Heels.

18-16 in favor of UNC tonight.  Bank on it.  Won't happen, because I doubt we have all the starters there tonight...

This age so well...

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Wow great match 

Great match for Clarke getting the upset, but not a great match for Red.  I think he only had one legit shot, which Clarke somehow fought off.  Outside of that, Red did nothing.  He's so frustrating to watch.  When he is clearly the superior wrestler, he looks great and will do push ups on a fallen opponent, but he does absolutely nothing against guys that are equal or better than he is.

11 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I mentioned this in a thread a few months ago, but I really think O’Connor is going to struggle with the added horse power that comes with 157, especially based on how he wrestles. He could really physically impose his will on other 149s. He won’t be able to do that as much as 157.

Astute comment. 

2 hours ago, Bozak2018 said:

Great match for Clarke getting the upset, but not a great match for Red.  I think he only had one legit shot, which Clarke somehow fought off.  Outside of that, Red did nothing.  He's so frustrating to watch.  When he is clearly the superior wrestler, he looks great and will do push ups on a fallen opponent, but he does absolutely nothing against guys that are equal or better than he is.

It's November Chad Red.

Lets give it another 33% of a year.  He'll be fine.

15 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I’m not sure how that wasn’t 2 other than just sticking with the call on that mat. Oh well. Lovett is a beast. 

Lovett is a serious Beast. 
Sherman is solid against almost everyone. 
Nobody wants to wrestle either of those 2 guys. 
#Solid! 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

It's November Chad Red.

Even for November Red (or is it Red November?) it seems odd that he would not take a single shot in regulation, not even a half shot, or a fake. It was 8+ minutes into a 7 minute match when he took his first shot.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

It's November Chad Red.

I was expecting him to do something, anything during that match.  He had one legit scoring chance that did nothing for the rest of the match.