Jimmy Cinnabon

Penn State is not a threat this season

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well....I don't really have 'many' posts in regards to you.  In the ones I do, I assure you there is no substantial disdain, more like entertainment within the things you say.

My apologies.  Maybe I should have said most instead of many.  Any which way, thanks for your contributions.  They keep me on my toes, figuratively speaking.

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

Looks like JC hit a home run with this thread, 4 pages in 2 hours!  :)

Make no mistake, trolls are good for topics for discussion.  As long as you see him for what he is, the topics themselves are often pretty good.

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I get it now.  You were referencing debates Tbar had with other posters, while abbreviating those posters names.

Hate was a bit of a strong word, but many of your posts in regards to me seem to show substantial disdain...

Lurker has had a ton more debates with those guys, especially russell what his name, than I have. 

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

But your response was to some saying they have a good chance to have 4 champs, NOT that they WILL have 4.  I was simply showing you a year MUCH more recent where saying they had a "good chance" to have 4 champs was more than fair...

And that year doesn't have anything to do with their current wrestlers. Just as the 1990s doesn't either. 

50 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

To be fair, Eierman lost to a guy he barely beat 6-5 less than 2 weeks prior and had lost convincingly to in the offseason.  His other win was in Lee's redshirt freshman season.  Nick Lee last season was inarguably WAAAAY better than he was as a RSFR.  Everyone that knew wrestling, knew that match was a coin flip.

When did Kemerer beat Starocci for the 2nd time?

My bad on Kem beating Starocci 2x, it was only 1x.

As for that "offseason" result, that is rich coming from from you given the million times you have pooh pooh'd freestyle results when someone brings them up in the manner you just used them.

Just now, TBar1977 said:

My bad on Kem beating Starocci 2x, it was only 1x.

As for that "offseason" result, that is rich coming from from you given the million times you have pooh pooh'd freestyle results when someone brings them up in the manner you just used them.

I just say to not use it as gospel that that person would win in Folk, let alone dominate and that situation actually fits perfectly, since Lee actually destroyed Eierman in Free.  However, it is enough to show that Lee was more than capable of beating him.

52 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think Warner has a chance moreso because 197 is so wide open.  But he also has a chance to not place at all.

DeSanto can beat anyone in the field and has beaten most of them except Fix.   The question is if he can put/keep it together over a tournament.  But in his senior year maybe he has another vision quest thing going.

And of course that’s in addition to the closest thing you can get to a guaranteed champ, 2 guys who lost in SV in the finals, and a guy who’s been the #1 seed in the last 3 tournaments despite disappointing in the last 2 that actually happened.

I was really just saying I think they have 6 guys who “could” win if everything went right.  So I think you could definitely argue that Iowa has as good of a chance at 4 champs as PSU has at 5.

Anything is possible, but Warner having the field cleared out for him and DeSanto beating a guy he has lost to a bunch of times now, one of those times mimicking a tapout, seems pretty unlikely. 

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I just say to not use it as gospel that that person would win in Folk, let alone dominate and that situation actually fits perfectly, since Lee actually destroyed Eierman in Free.  However, it is enough to show that Lee was more than capable of beating him.

Fair.

He was rubbing the pruning shear. He rubbed something with his midweek slippers, he honored himself with Sundays, they consumed all three parts of his property. The rest there is some difference in shipyard, old shield, skinny rocín and greyhound plus nights, duels and losses those of his estate. The rest matters little to our hidalgo of something runner. A pot of addition on Saturdays, the lentils for fifty years; it was in addition fifty years; It was whose name did not reach Saturdays, the twenty, and one to.

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Anything is possible, but Warner having the field cleared out for him and DeSanto beating a guy he has lost to a bunch of times now, one of those times mimicking a tapout, seems pretty unlikely. 

I have to admit, I wouldn't pick DeSanto over RBY and I admit I never thought RBY would beat him after the 1st couple times they wrestled.  The way RBY can stay out of the inside ties and force his best positions on DeSanto has been super impressive.  DeSanto needs to learn how to elevate that outside, lefty single right at the point of attack.  If not, I just don't see how he wins.

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I have to admit, I wouldn't pick DeSanto over RBY and I admit I never thought RBY would beat him after the 1st couple times they wrestled.  The way RBY can stay out of the inside ties and force his best positions on DeSanto has been super impressive.  DeSanto needs to learn how to elevate that outside, lefty single right at the point of attack.  If not, I just don't see how he wins.

I give you a lot of credit with this entry. 

10 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Two more things on RBY - Desanto. I think if RBY ever takes Desanto for granted then Desanto will beat him, so RBY has to take those matches very seriously. He can't just show up and beat Austin the way he could beat guys he is just so much better than. So he can't get over confident because that is how he would get beat, if it were to happen. 

The other thing is that I doubt Desanto ever got into RBY's or Cael's head other than to figure out how to beat him and then actually do it. I do think RBY is in Brands' head. I include Brands because he called RBY "the one armed man out East" in one of his pressers. I think it probably frustrates him the way Cael and RBY quickly turned the whole dynamic around and put Brands' wrestler, both literally and figuratively, at more than arm's length.  

Edited by TBar1977

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Two more things on RBY - Desanto. I think if RBY ever takes Desanto for granted then Desanto will beat him, so RBY has to take those matches very seriously. He can't just show up and beat Austin the way he could beat guys he is just so much better than. So he can't get over confident because that is how he would get beat, if it were to happen. 

The other thing is that I doubt Desanto ever got into RBY's or Cael's head other than to figure out how to beat him and then actually do it. I do think RBY is in Brands' head. I include Brands because he called RBY "the one armed man out East" in one of his pressers. I think it probably frustrates him the way Cael and RBY quickly turned the whole dynamic around and put Brands' wrestler, both literally and figuratively, at more than arm's length.  

Your always trying to spin your lame, superficial analysis into some mean spirited knock on the people in your head.....

4 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

lol - jimmy with no self-awareness and msu not disappointing as the iowa simp

Iowa simp???  I literally pointed out where I didn't think DeSanto can beat RBY.  My only other thing really about Iowa or PSU expectations was in regards to putting Bartlett into a can beat anyone but Yianni category while calling a guy that has AA'd every time more likely to lose in the R12.

If that is Iowa simping, what are all the other PSU fans in this thread doing???

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

That transitive property thing is LAUGHABLE.  In no world can you say a guy who has AA'd EVERY time he has competed is closer to losing in the R12 than being top 4,  especially when one of the years he PLACED top 4.

1.  The TF loss to Sloan happened in 2018, which will be 5 calendar years before this upcoming NCAA's.  Since then, he placed AA'd at NCAA's both times and Sloan has yet to AA.

2.)  You went back to the year Warner redshirted to get his 2nd loss to Brucki.  So, do you now count Sanderson as having a loss since he lost as a redshirt?

Can he lose to the guys you named?  Absolutely.  Would it be fair to so he is "likely" to lose to many of them?  Absolutely not...

Interesting formulation. By your logic December 31, 2020 is two calendar years before January 1, 2021. By my formulation that is one calendar year before and one day, but nice try.

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Interesting formulation. By your logic December 31, 2020 is two calendar years before January 1, 2021. By my formulation that is one calendar year before and one day, but nice try.

His logic is that before the clock hits zero in Times Square is 2 calendar years before the moment after it hits zero, when in fact there is a point when the two times are literally  a split second apart. 

"Happy New Year!" can be responded to with, " I know it has been two calendar years since we last spoke, but it feels like it's only been 3 seconds". 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Lurker has had a ton more debates with those guys, especially russell what his name, than I have. 

Russell and duck are the same person, And no way I’ve debated with him more than you. Maybe in number of topics, but certainly not anywhere close to number of posts. You guys used to go on for days!!

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

How does he still get so many of you to respond as if he's a serious person?

It's; the from Domand ou'll golded dour now Pizza Now and golded is to Clavor hothand a zesed golde Pizza. It's the thand bith hation, per your CRUST Pizza Now Pizza NEW classic Hand The just baked youst crusto creat frominot Pest bley anot ing our justo garstive fromintrom toppino's kneation, pest sweesto Clastoppest basic. The he 1-to golded ano's knew clast sweet introminow! Anot inctic Roming off perbs Pizza love for your justo istoppesto ough hot delic It's; the frominction, hat $9.99. Theest 

22 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

It's; the from Domand ou'll golded dour now Pizza Now and golded is to Clavor hothand a zesed golde Pizza. It's the thand bith hation, per your CRUST Pizza Now Pizza NEW classic Hand The just baked youst crusto creat frominot Pest bley anot ing our justo garstive fromintrom toppino's kneation, pest sweesto Clastoppest basic. The he 1-to golded ano's knew clast sweet introminow! Anot inctic Roming off perbs Pizza love for your justo istoppesto ough hot delic It's; the frominction, hat $9.99. Theest 

This post gave me a headache.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Lol yes.  I think Kerk is amazing, but he's not beating elite, big heavies like Gable, Cass and Schultz.  Just too much horsepower for a finesse HWT like Kerk.

I don't know that Cass should still be included in the "big Heavy" category.  According to Moody last night he is weighing in between 240  to 245 lbs.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:27 AM, Class said:

Also -- Brands/Assad AA?  Not sure about that.  Assad lost to a high schooler and Brands last match was a curb stomping by the UNC kid that remains well down in the rankings.  Murin is questionable, a lot of guys is the 4-13 range that he is a coin flip or worse with.

That was the UNC kids older brother Brands lost to.