Jimmy Cinnabon

Penn State is not a threat this season

On 11/19/2021 at 10:23 AM, MSU158 said:

Iowa simp???  I literally pointed out where I didn't think DeSanto can beat RBY.  My only other thing really about Iowa or PSU expectations was in regards to putting Bartlett into a can beat anyone but Yianni category while calling a guy that has AA'd every time more likely to lose in the R12.

If that is Iowa simping, what are all the other PSU fans in this thread doing???

you go out of your way to white knight for Iowa.

JFC, you're a Michigan Stater not a Hawk, have some dignity!

22 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

you go out of your way to white knight for Iowa.

JFC, you're a Michigan Stater not a Hawk, have some dignity!

This is so comically untrue.  If you go over to HR you would see I am barely even considered an Iowa fan at all.  You guys just get upset more so because I don't slobber all over everything that PSU does and don't let many of you run all over Iowa in the process. 

Also, if you actually paid attention, I have repeatedly said I will always root for MSU first and foremost but, they will NEVER be truly relevant in the national scene.  As such, I started to look elsewhere and that branching off actually started  with VTech, because of Metcalf and Brands and then that followed them to Iowa.  

FInally, did you actually attend PSU?  Because I didn't just choose to be an MSU fan. I went through the entire MSU process from the beginning, ie. school, practice, competition, travel, graduation, alumni help, donations and all of that while growing more sour with Minkel by the moment.  Inevitably that lack of relationship along with the way he ran the program into the ground, along with the Athletic Department not caring as it happened inevitably caused me to look elsewhere for DI level enjoyment.

So, when you call out my "dignity" you have NO F'ING CLUE" what you are talking about...

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

This is so comically untrue.  If you go over to HR you would see I am barely even considered an Iowa fan at all.  You guys just get upset more so because I don't slobber all over everything that PSU does and don't let many of you run all over Iowa in the process. 

Also, if you actually paid attention, I have repeatedly said I will always root for MSU first and foremost but, they will NEVER be truly relevant in the national scene.  As such, I started to look elsewhere and that branching off actually started  with VTech, because of Metcalf and Brands and then that followed them to Iowa.  

FInally, did you actually attend PSU?  Because I didn't just choose to be an MSU fan. I went through the entire MSU process from the beginning, ie. school, practice, competition, travel, graduation, alumni help, donations and all of that while growing more sour with Minkel by the moment.  Inevitably that lack of relationship along with the way he ran the program into the ground, along with the Athletic Department not caring as it happened inevitably caused me to look elsewhere for DI level enjoyment.

So, when you call out my "dignity" you have NO F'ING CLUE" what you are talking about...

He is just busting your chops a little.  Lighten up Francis!!

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Iowa fans harass everyone on the net, even their own. Your true white knighting occurs here. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

He is just busting your chops a little.  Lighten up Francis!!

Certain things are so inaccurate they go past "chop busting".  I put in more work than a vast majority when it comes to my own program.  I think I earned the right to be a fan of another.

Plus, I was really just trying to give him a hard time back by pushing the "did you actually go to that school" card.  I get a kick out of riling up the most diehard of PSU fans on here because they come off like PSU can do no wrong.  So, really, it isn't so much me "white knighting" for Iowa as I am "black knighting" on PSU!  And I have admitted that several times.

Also, we have a very specific name for the kind of fan I was referring to, since it is PREVALENT here in Michigan.  It is the "Walmart" Wolverine.  So, I was just pushing to see if he was a "Walmart" Nittany Lion!

Edited by MSU158

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

This is so comically untrue. 

...you have NO F'ING CLUE" what you are talking about...

Dude, you're one of the biggest Iowa homers here, and pretty much everyone knows it.  But you know what else?  No one cares!  Be a homer.  Without a bunch of homers sniping at each other, these forums would be dead.  And to your credit, you do usually make an effort to trot out some actual facts to support your position, so sometimes you're even right, homer motivations notwithstanding.  But when you deny your bias or get all indignant about it, it just makes you look dishonest.  Don't do that, man.  Just say yeah, I'm an Iowa homer, but I'm still right because of fact X or Y.  All the other homers will do the same, and we'll all have a grand ol' time, arguing and eating turkey.

13 minutes ago, BAC said:

Dude, you're one of the biggest Iowa homers here, and pretty much everyone knows it.  But you know what else?  No one cares!  Be a homer.  Without a bunch of homers sniping at each other, these forums would be dead.  And to your credit, you do usually make an effort to trot out some actual facts to support your position, so sometimes you're even right, homer motivations notwithstanding.  But when you deny your bias or get all indignant about it, it just makes you look dishonest.  Don't do that, man.  Just say yeah, I'm an Iowa homer, but I'm still right because of fact X or Y.  All the other homers will do the same, and we'll all have a grand ol' time, arguing and eating turkey.

On here,  by default, I am one of the biggest Iowa fans, that is true.  My point is I am really not near the level of "homer".  It's just that all the homers have basically left this site.  Hell, Vak is probably the biggest of an Iowa fan on here and he is from Florida...

As far as my Iowa "bias' goes, it really isn't that strong.  If I had to say who I would cheer for first at each weight(excepting MSU wrestlers because they will always have 1st dibs), Iowa actually wouldn't have many, as my true "bias" goes homegrown MI wrestlers most of the time.  

Here it goes:

125-Schroder

133- DeSanto

141- Simon

149-Storr/Parker tied

157-I actually like a ton of guys here and they aren't from Iowa or MI.  Would probably go Deakin, Teemer, Lee then Carr.

165-Marinelli, Valencia, Amine, and then Facundo will go near the top, even if he is PSU through and through.

174-Kemerer, Labriola and Plott

184-Amine, Hidlay, Keckeisen

197-Dean(although switching to PSU made it harder), Warner, Norfleet

285-Hillger, Stencel, Cass

So, even though it would probably kill Iowa's chances at winning a title,  I would cheer for these guys over their Iowa opponent...

3 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

MSU - I am a Penn State (main campus) alumni.

I don't spend time at HR, so I have no care or idea what they think of you.

And, yeah, lighten up, it's just about Thanksgiving weekend.

Respect given. When you spent the time and the money, you have much more right to talk both ways. My issue is with people who chose to be fans of a certain school talking up the school they had no part of while blasting fans of another. Especially when that team is a powerhouse. 

it is real easy to choose to be a fan of the best team. It is a LOT harder to be way closer to a program that literally went from 3rd when I was there to scoring 1 point or less at NCAA’s…

Edited by MSU158

14 hours ago, Lurker said:

What about people that don't have a wrestling school?

EDIT:...meaning people that don't have a favorite D1 team.

Nothing says you have to and no one should tell you different. Like I said, I am often a fan of kids from Michigan first, no matter what team they are on.

In fact, it probably is easier to just be a fan of the wrestling and not getting bogged down in the my team is better than yours crap!

17 hours ago, Lurker said:

What about people that don't have a wrestling school?

EDIT:...meaning people that don't have a favorite D1 team.

I would also be one of these.  I root for the underdogs usually as well as wrestlers from the Lehigh Valley.  There are also guys that are just fun to watch that I can't help but root for.

125: Pat McKee, Kysen Terukina

133: Austin DeSanto, Lucas Byrd

141: Andrew Alirez, Jesse Vasquez

149: Sammy Sasso, Ridge Lovett

157: Andrew Cerniglia

165: Keegan O'Toole

174: Mikey Labriola, Mikey O'Malley

184: John Poznanski, Donnell Washington

197: Louie DePrez, Greg Bulsak

285: Jordan Wood

On 11/19/2021 at 9:49 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Warner 2-4? Hitting the bottle early today huh? Warner may be finish lower then 4th in the big ten, Dean, Amos, Brucki, Caffey, Schultz, Bulsak, …I’d favor 4 of them over Warner and wouldn’t be surprised to see the other 2 beat him 

another year another season of Jimmy cinnamon pop tarts trolling 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Warner is good but I can name 8-9 guys right now that no one would be surprised if they beat him, he could very lose a quarter and R12 , 197 is deeper then it’s been in a long time

Lol you were very wrong about this. Glad I was able to dig this up. 

25 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Lol you were very wrong about this. Glad I was able to dig this up. 

Nice find!  I was pretty dead on about Warner and Bartlett.  But, when you have 5 Champs being wrong on those 2 really doesn't matter all that much!

On 11/19/2021 at 10:12 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Lets bet then , if Jacob Warner doesn’t take 4th this year, you retire Jimmy Cinnabon , if he takes 4th or better I’ll pay off your debt that the one guy on here always brings up

Wow, Jimmy could have made out like a bandit here.  All would have been forgiven.  Too bad he didn't have the stones to make a better he wouldn't have had to honor anyway!

On 11/19/2021 at 10:48 AM, 1032004 said:

I know Jimmy is trolling and needs to pay his debts, but PSU returns 4 National champs, obviously they’re still a threat.

Iowa’s team is basically the same.  The wildcard is Marinelli, he’s really the only one with much upside from last year.   The rest of their team wrestled pretty well overall - maybe Eierman or Kemerer win it, but maybe Warner or DeSanto do worse.

Of course one or more of the PSU champs may not repeat, but they all have to be the favorites right now except for maybe Yianni if he goes 141.

Even if you assume no Hildebrandt, Howard only scored 1.5 so that’s not a huge loss vs LY.  Bartlett is their main wildcard IMO, he’ll definitely score some points compared to 0 last year, the question is how many.  Joe Lee was another zero, and Berge only scored 3, so they could certainly match or beat that at 157/165.  And could certainly see Kerk and 197 improving vs last year.

With Hildebrandt I’d maybe go as far as calling them the favorites.  Should be a fun team race.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, 1032004 said:

Is the question does Iowa have just as good of a chance at 4 champs as PSU has at 5?  Or 4?  4, no.  5 could maybe be an argument.  I mean you could probably even throw in DeSanto and Warner as having a “chance.”

this thread + Jimmy, lol.   Looks like I had 1 pretty good take and 1 bad one (keep in mind these were before Spencer being out).