Antitroll2828

So Ferrari vs Gable?

Could Ferrari possibly bump up and take on Gable, it’s Minnesota home opener , I’m sure WWE will be in attendance bc they are documenting gables season and by the time their weights are up the dual should be in the bag for ok st …both Ferrari and gable are showman , I could 100 percent see Ferrari wanting to do it question is would John smith allow it?

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Could Ferrari possibly bump up and take on Gable, it’s Minnesota home opener , I’m sure WWE will be in attendance bc they are documenting gables season and by the time their weights are up the dual should be in the bag for ok st …both Ferrari and gable are showman , I could 100 percent see Ferrari wanting to do it question is would John smith allow it?

I think if Ferrari bumped up he would get humiliated.

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I never said he would win but he has the stones to do it , and he’s all about putting on a show and really has nothing to lose from it , I’m curious to see if it happens 

As much as I would love to see the bloodbath, Ferrari has a lot to lose, like his health in an early season relatively meaningless match.  The size differential would be substantial and Ferrari is no Kyle Snyder.

1 minute ago, Sstern said:

As much as I would love to see the bloodbath, Ferrari has a lot to lose, like his health in an early season relatively meaningless match.  The size differential would be substantial and Ferrari is no Kyle Snyder.

Ferrari cuts a lot to 197, he d probably weigh in around 200 and gable is what 260? I mean Coon was 285 and synder was 215ish,  and Ferrari is a freak athlete , like I said I don’t he would win but I’d love to see it 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Ferrari cuts a lot to 197, he d probably weigh in around 200 and gable is what 260? I mean Coon was 285 and synder was 215ish,  and Ferrari is a freak athlete , like I said I don’t he would win but I’d love to see it 

I'd agree, it'd be fun to see and its not clear how Gable would takedown Ferrari because of his quickness but can't see Ferrari's takedowns working on Gable.

Snyder beat Coon with a similar weight discrepancy and he gave up more in length than Twister would.  Of course, comparing Snyder to Ferrari and Coon to Steveson is apples and oranges. 

Conclude no contest, with skill being the deciding factor and size being a minor factor.

Edited by Plasmodium

Ferrari could bump up and run from Gable in neutral and keep it close in a folkstyle match.  He could play the edge and kill 30 seconds dropping to the ankle, and probably survive a 5-1 type loss.  In FS he'd get teched in the 1st period because the out of bounds would make him wrestle. 

But why bump up to then run away?  Why bump up when he has no move in his bag that has even a remote chance at scoring?  Why not just bluster in a social media post about a catch weight of 230 that you know will never happen?  Bottom line is that this seems like a dumb idea even as a huge OSU fan and a big Ferrari fan.  

39 minutes ago, Sstern said:

That, and Gable is a lot better than Coon

32 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Is there a history of top 197 guys bumping up to take on top heavyweights? (And I don't mean Snyder b/c when he wrestled heavyweight he was a heavyweight.) Cael never did it, did he?

Certainly 97s have can't think of specific "top" 97s but certain it won't happen here as OSU has a good hwt that needs experience, John does not duck experience opportunities.  

2 hours ago, boconnell said:

Ferrari could bump up and run from Gable in neutral and keep it close in a folkstyle match.  He could play the edge and kill 30 seconds dropping to the ankle, and probably survive a 5-1 type loss.  

This.  I don’t think Ferrari would win, but I think he could keep it relatively close.  Ferrari is good on his feet so I don’t think Gable could take him down at will like he does with most guys, but I don’t think Ferrari could take down Gable.  And I doubt Gable turns him

11 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The difference here is that Snyder was an Olympic gold medalist.

In this case the vastly heavier wrestler is the Olympic gold medalist.

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

This.  I don’t think Ferrari would win, but I think he could keep it relatively close.  Ferrari is good on his feet so I don’t think Gable could take him down at will like he does with most guys, but I don’t think Ferrari could take down Gable.  And I doubt Gable turns him

Not trying to be a smart ass here but, you realize within that ‘most guys’  includes guys like Gwiz, Taha Akgul, Petrashvilli. He’s taking those guys down at will….what’s an undersized Ferrari going to have for him??

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Not trying to be a smart ass here but, you realize within that ‘most guys’  includes guys like Gwiz, Taha Akgul, Petrashvilli. He’s taking those guys down at will….what’s an undersized Ferrari going to have for him??

He's taking those guys down with a FS boundary rules.  Folkstyle allows Ferrari to live on the edge and kill time in lots of ways.  Plus the guys you referenced were attacking and lots of Steveson's scores were counters against guys actually trying to win.  I think Steveson is multiple levels better and also way bigger.  I think Ferrari has a zero chance of scoring, let alone winning.  But I still think it's relatively low scoring if it happened (it won't).