Antitroll2828

So Ferrari vs Gable?

It would be a nice way to promote amateur wrestling by matching two incredibly talented athletes who both are very flamboyant, one the Olympic champ who happens to be headed to WWE and the other a young prodigious champ who likes to flex his muscles in front of the camera.  Classic David vs. Goliath.

This.  I don’t think Ferrari would win, but I think he could keep it relatively close.  Ferrari is good on his feet so I don’t think Gable could take him down at will like he does with most guys, but I don’t think Ferrari could take down Gable.  And I doubt Gable turns him
I mean it's 60lbs of muscle in favor of the Olympic Champion whose closest match his last Folkstyle season was in the NCAA finals and was 4pts over a guy who only he can beat.

If Ferrari kept it to a decision it would be a great win for him.

But realistically he'd get ran over and I'm guessing GS would make a point of rubbing it in .

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I'm telling you I was surprised Young beat him as badly as he did in these recent wrestle-offs. Hone is generally a gamer

Young is the real deal. Had those wins over Jacob Camacho, Nashon Garrett, Tyler Graffiti and Seth Gross this summer  at world team trials. He’s an AA threat now. 

7 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Doubt Ferrari would even AA at HW, let alone beat the most talented HW wrestler in NCAA history. 

Gable would maul Ford Focus, but otherwise you're selling AJ short.  He has a shot at beating everyone at HW except Gable and Paris.

10 hours ago, boconnell said:

He's taking those guys down with a FS boundary rules.  Folkstyle allows Ferrari to live on the edge and kill time in lots of ways.  Plus the guys you referenced were attacking and lots of Steveson's scores were counters against guys actually trying to win.  I think Steveson is multiple levels better and also way bigger.  I think Ferrari has a zero chance of scoring, let alone winning.  But I still think it's relatively low scoring if it happened (it won't). 

I don't know man, I mean I kinda hear what you're saying....but sometimes we can overthink things.  In its most simplistic terms, in a years time he averaged four takedowns a match against a two time world bronze; a multiple world and olympic champ, and the three time defending world champ.  Took them down at will, all guys with 40 lbs or more on Ferrari.  I just feel like he could do whatever he chose to do with him.  But like you said we'll never know.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

Gable would maul Ford Focus, but otherwise you're selling AJ short.  He has a shot at beating everyone at HW except Gable and Paris.

Cass, Kerk and Schultz beat him without breaking a sweat. He’d be giving up between 30-70lbs. HW is a deep division. 

17 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Cass, Kerk and Schultz beat him without breaking a sweat. He’d be giving up between 30-70lbs. HW is a deep division. 

Not that any of these matches will happen, but if they did, the score between AJ and those 3 would be close.  I do think that Cass, Kerk, and Schultz would all beat Ford Focus though.

I disagree with your previous comment that Ford Focus wouldn't AA at HWT.  He absolutely could beat Hilger, Orndorff, and Gremmel.

20 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Not that any of these matches will happen, but if they did, the score between AJ and those 3 would be close.  I do think that Cass, Kerk, and Schultz would all beat Ford Focus though.

I disagree with your previous comment that Ford Focus wouldn't AA at HWT.  He absolutely could beat Hilger, Orndorff, and Gremmel.

Traxler was very close to beating Orndorff this past week and he is very small for a HWT.  So I agree with your assessment there.  

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

The key word is ex. By the time they were going heavy, they probably weighed 230 or so.

Do you have any clue what your standard 197 walks around at in the offseason? I'll give you an anecdotal hint: most 125s and 133s walk around in the 150-158 range.

13 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Do you have any clue what your standard 197 walks around at in the offseason? I'll give you an anecdotal hint: most 125s and 133s walk around in the 150-158 range.

So your theory is that the 197s and the heavyweights are really the same size. Got it.

On 11/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, AnklePicker said:

Young is the real deal. Had those wins over Jacob Camacho, Nashon Garrett, Tyler Graffiti and Seth Gross this summer  at world team trials. He’s an AA threat now. 

Jake Bergeland doesn't seem convinced of that.  Young is really talented but it is a big step up to D1 AA for any incoming freshman.  141 is pretty deep this year - 8 past AAs plus guys like Simon, Hart , Alierez, and Woods trying to break into that AA level.  Bergeland was an HM in Flo's last rankings.